Jump to content
groundace

Leningrad, thoughts on the ship?

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
88 posts
5,986 battles

Just topped up on some soviet event containers from the shop as I fell a little short of getting the commander though my farming so I wanted to still get him, But I got a Leningrad bonus  ̶d̶u̶c̶k̶s̶!̶  mission from one of the containers.

Never expected to own one so before I complete the mission, how is the ship? Good in normal co-op? What about teir VII scenarios? And what playstyle would you say it fills if you own one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[WOLFC]
Members
143 posts
11,937 battles

I was able to use this ship in the Narai Op. I liked it. 45kts with the speed flag, 2x4 60kt torps with 8km range, 5 130mm guns with 5 sec reload. Only marginal downside is concealment, which is 6.6km with Concealment Expert. With 870 m/s gun velocity it's easier to aim for citadels, but the relatively slow turret rotation puts a crimp in close quarter maneuver gunfights.

It does look really nice in its reward camo though.

Leningrad.thumb.png.483ff2719c2a5ceabcc9c67a44c6f734.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,280
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,525 posts
18,770 battles

YouTube is your friend. 

Fast kiting dd.

Excellent torps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
471
[A-D-F]
Members
1,431 posts
19,074 battles
1 hour ago, groundace said:

Just topped up on some soviet event containers from the shop as I fell a little short of getting the commander though my farming so I wanted to still get him, But I got a Leningrad bonus  ̶d̶u̶c̶k̶s̶!̶  mission from one of the containers.

Never expected to own one so before I complete the mission, how is the ship? Good in normal co-op? What about teir VII scenarios? And what playstyle would you say it fills if you own one?

Check out my YouTube videos for using Leningrad in Narai. I also have a new replay to record and put up in the future.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[2CUTE]
Supertester
24 posts
5,078 battles

My most played ship, I love it to death. It's extremely fun to play, But requires a high pt capt to accel most. Its play style is like other Russian dds. You can contest caps (Unlike most Russian dds) and you can bully other dds. Its also excellent at annoying battleships/cruisers with its gun fire.

Edited by Wolfy_cx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,205
[WOLF3]
Members
24,688 posts
21,803 battles

In the PVE side of this game, the only time you ever see people break out Leningrad is for Operation Narai.

And that's it.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
471
[A-D-F]
Members
1,431 posts
19,074 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

In the PVE side of this game, the only time you ever see people break out Leningrad is for Operation Narai.

And that's it.

At the current time maybe, but don't forget it was a very good ship choice for Ultimate Frontier if it gets put back in rotation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
295
[PVE]
Members
1,324 posts
36,441 battles

She is a fun ship in coop.

You get a heavy BB game you can kick butt with her. I play her all the time in coop even have some post in Best Coop Games with her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
706
[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

Leningrad is Minsk with real torpedoes.    Some AA differences, too, but the 8km torps are the real big one.    A nasty surprise for anyone thinking they're safe from your "crappy 4km Soviet torpedoes"  lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,205
[WOLF3]
Members
24,688 posts
21,803 battles
2 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Leningrad is Minsk with real torpedoes.    Some AA differences, too, but the 8km torps are the real big one.    A nasty surprise for anyone thinking they're safe from your "crappy 4km Soviet torpedoes"  lol!

Unfortunately, long range DD torpedoes are meaningless in PVE.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
769
[USCC]
Members
2,755 posts
12,006 battles
12 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Unfortunately, long range DD torpedoes are meaningless in PVE.

To be fair, the range is irrelevant, it's where you launch them from.

And that being the closer the better, but launching 12km torps at a ship 6km away will net you the same results.

But trying to hit a ship 12km away in PVE lol not likely unless it's stuck on an island. 

Edited by SpudZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,101 posts
17,896 battles
6 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Unfortunately, long range DD torpedoes are meaningless in PVE.

This

Is a good ships but gun rotation is terrible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
940
[4HIM]
Members
2,842 posts
10,749 battles

It's a gudbote.  You'll like it.  It is FAST, especially with a flag.  You need EM for the captain to help those glacial turrets.  It can do well in Ops.  Good in Narai.  If they bring back Dynamo, it's good as well but given the speed you have, you need to be careful not to run away from the rest of the fleet.  But in any battle, you have enough speed to flex back if the opposite flank needs help.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
253
[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
883 posts

She's a fine ops ship for sure with a bit of help from friendly BBs you can easily do narai .I've done very well in ops with Leningrad fast torpedo reload is awesome .  Just remember she's fast and you can over-extend a lot. Lol.

GL m8

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
471
[A-D-F]
Members
1,431 posts
19,074 battles
1 hour ago, Versili said:

She's a fine ops ship for sure with a bit of help from friendly BBs you can easily do narai .I've done very well in ops with Leningrad fast torpedo reload is awesome .  Just remember she's fast and you can over-extend a lot. Lol.

GL m8

 

 

Depends on who you are playing with. I find myself fighting with the cruisers and battleships for damage when running with the regulars in Narai. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
253
[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
883 posts
41 minutes ago, Lightninger said:

Depends on who you are playing with. I find myself fighting with the cruisers and battleships for damage when running with the regulars in Narai. 

True, I run with a bunch if veteran players who call out the specific targets and help you accomplish your goals . It's very fun and organized.

The random players are out for themselves . Run with a good group with set goals and your set . Heck I have run with you in a couple lightning. Along with Gum, Taq, Salsa. ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×