You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LowSpeed_US

Sea/Sun glare options

29 comments in this topic

[NSEW]
Members
1,676 posts
10,225 battles

Hello WG,

i know that you guys already have the options for particular blindness options. 

However, could you please give us an option to totally take away the sea reflections & sun glare from the sea please. 

As much as I like to play as long as possible. The strong glare & reflections from the sun are making me limit myself to playing for very short period of times (The irony being that, I sometimes have to wear my sunglasses to not get any headaches).

I don’t mind if you made the ocean cartoon like (Just like “Azure lane dorm”  textures in port even). At least that way there will no issues; just a visual blue sea. 

Really looking forward to any options to totally turn off (not reduce) the sun glares.

Regards,

• Cool 2

[VW]
Members
3,792 posts
18,421 battles
5 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Hello WG,

i know that you guys already have the options for particular blindness options. 

However, could you please give us an option to totally take away the sea reflections & sun glare from the sea please. 

As much as I like to play as long as possible. The strong glare & reflections from the sun are making me limit myself to playing for very short period of times (The irony being that, I sometimes have to wear my sunglasses to not get any headaches).

I don’t mind if you made the ocean cartoon like (Just like “Azure lane dorm”  textures in port even). At least that way there will no issues; just a visual blue sea. 

Really looking forward to any options to totally turn off (not reduce) the sun glares.

Regards,

Install the official modpack, available in the mod section of forum. Enable glare reduction as well as score timer.

[NSEW]
Members
1,676 posts
10,225 battles
3 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

Have to use Aslain's modpack to turn glare off.

Hi,

I have already tried the two different mods within Aslains mod. 

They still do not have enough reduction for my sensitive & tired eyes. Depending on the map; the sun glare is still strong. I’d rather have a mod that turns it off completely. 

Eye strain I can deal with. But migraines I’d rather do without. 

• Cool 2

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

Hey @LowSpeed_US I'm sorry to hear that the glare is causing you such discomfort.  While turning off these options aren't currently available in the UI, I would recommend as others have mentioned you try the ModPack and see if that helps you.  

[NSEW]
Members
1,676 posts
10,225 battles
2 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Install the official modpack, available in the mod section of forum. Enable glare reduction as well as score timer.

Actually, I have tried that too. 

First of all, their “Glare reduction” mod isn’t ideal. The glare is reduced not turned off. Which is what I’m after. 

Also, something in the official mod gives me crashes with “Critical Error”. So I have uninstalled it. 

Thank you for the suggestions though. 

Members
1,449 posts
6,904 battles

I assume you tried gamma in settings and lowering quality, turn off dynamic lighting.  Maybe it's not the game do you wear glasses?

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[NSEW]
Members
1,676 posts
10,225 battles
3 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Hey @LowSpeed_US I'm sorry to hear that the glare is causing you such discomfort.  While turning off these options aren't currently available in the UI, I would recommend as others have mentioned you try the ModPack and see if that helps you.  

Hello @Radar_X,

I have tried every possible option available to solve this issue. From tweaking the video settings, to using Mods, even wearing sunglasses indoors...and I’m not that cool to have sunnies indoors like other kids.

But sadly, they do not produce the result I was after. Depending on the maps time of day. No matter what I’ve done. I still get glares off sea water. 

What I’m asking is whether the WG has any projects in the pipeline to “turn off” the glare all together. 

If they don’t this could be a major wall for me to climb over. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,717 posts
22,070 battles
3 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Hi,

I have already tried the two different mods within Aslains mod. 

They still do not have enough reduction for my sensitive & tired eyes. Depending on the map; the sun glare is still strong. I’d rather have a mod that turns it off completely. 

Eye strain I can deal with. But migraines I’d rather do without. 

Yeah I wish there were a way to adjust some of the inconsequential aesthetic crap in the game like glare and whatnot. Don't care how cool stuff looks, just want the game to play well. Wargaming seems focused on the sizzle and not the steak IMHO. 

My eyes are crap and adjusting the graphics settings has always been helpful. One really huge thing I just recently discovered was getting new glasses with a blue light filter on them. It is absolutely the best thing I have ever done and if you wear glasses, then get you a pair. They also make normal glass sets that have no magnification for people with normal eyes but just want the filter. If you have not tried them, I really, really suggest you look into them. I look at computers screens all day at work and then again when home and my eyes used to feel like I had sand in them. Since I started using the filtered glasses, nothing, no strain, no pain, nada. 

[NSEW]
Members
1,676 posts
10,225 battles
7 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

I assume you tried gamma in settings and lowering quality, turn off dynamic lighting.  Maybe it's not the game do you wear glasses?

Hello @0NutsNBolts0

Yes, I have. I have turned off / reduced it to as low as possible any options that would impact my eyes. 

Sadly, none of them are working. 

[NSEW]
Members
1,676 posts
10,225 battles
8 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah I wish there were a way to adjust some of the inconsequential aesthetic crap in the game like glare and whatnot. Don't care how cool stuff looks, just want the game to play well. Wargaming seems focused on the sizzle and not the steak IMHO. 

My eyes are crap and adjusting the graphics settings has always been helpful. One really huge thing I just recently discovered was getting new glasses with a blue light filter on them. It is absolutely the best thing I have ever done and if you wear glasses, then get you a pair. They also make normal glass sets that have no magnification for people with normal eyes but just want the filter. If you have not tried them, I really, really suggest you look into them. I look at computers screens all day at work and then again when home and my eyes used to feel like I had sand in them. Since I started using the filtered glasses, nothing, no strain, no pain, nada. 

I will look into those glasses. Thank you for your suggestions. 

Also, I agree about the visual drab. 

[KAPPA]
Members
2,632 posts
7,388 battles

What I do is turn the monitor brightness to minimum. Combine that with the reduction pack spoken of above and maybe that could add up to a better experience for you.

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
39 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

What I do is turn the monitor brightness to minimum. Combine that with the reduction pack spoken of above and maybe that could add up to a better experience for you.

Yeah,this is what I'm doing too, combined with the above mentioned blue filtered computer glasses. However, playing with brightness,gamma, etc, does make the in-game HUD elements hard

to see sometimes, like torp and ammo reload time counters....

[KAPPA]
Members
2,632 posts
7,388 battles
6 hours ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

Yeah,this is what I'm doing too, combined with the above mentioned blue filtered computer glasses. However, playing with brightness,gamma, etc, does make the in-game HUD elements hard

to see sometimes, like torp and ammo reload time counters....

Does WoW have color blind options? If it bugs you enough, you could fiddle with them to see if it helps with the text being hard to see. May end up playing in pink water on green ships or something, though, but, well... worth a look at least?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,717 posts
22,070 battles
1 hour ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Does WoW have color blind options? If it bugs you enough, you could fiddle with them to see if it helps with the text being hard to see. May end up playing in pink water on green ships or something, though, but, well... worth a look at least?

I seem to remember something in the graphics options about this. Not sure though because my memory isn't much better than my eyes...… It is either an option in WoWS or WoT.

[WH4RF]
Members
138 posts
24,504 battles
On 7/1/2019 at 11:49 AM, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

Have to use Aslain's modpack to turn glare off.

I have the same request.  After 8.6 it seems that the ModStation's sun/glare mod has not been updated.  I even looked on Aslains and find it too hasn't been updated.  I used to use Aslains but changed over to the ModStation mod pack and only use about three or four different add ons.

I wear glasses, am colored blind and the glare when looking into the sun is bad, so bad, I can't see to shoot.  I use dynamic cross hair and there is only the one color, white.  Also hard to see to torp.  I would like to see the sun/glare mod fixed if possible or better yet, that the developer team add this to game.

• Cool 2

[WH4RF]
Members
138 posts
24,504 battles
On 8/31/2019 at 10:16 PM, LadyAnesjka said:

I lovethe glare from sun, give some realism

Glad you like it, it must not bother you to aim torps or even guns.  I like the realism, but I do need all the help I can get and the sun doesn't give me any help only hindrance

[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
13 hours ago, Grampy2015 said:

Glad you like it, it must not bother you to aim torps or even guns.  I like the realism, but I do need all the help I can get and the sun doesn't give me any help only hindrance

It do bother me, in a game where every day less real, this is one thing close to real

• Angry 1

[WOLF4]
Members
12 posts
12,743 battles

The Wargaming modstation has not updated the anti glare since a few updates ago and I had to stop using it completely. Aslain does a much better job on the anti-glare and fog remover. I don't recall my settings but it took a few days of trial and error changing things around.  I suffer from many of the same issues and have dedicated computer glasses that help, but some nights it is just so in your face that I log off and play just about anything else. So many basic tweaks that could be made to improve the game in basic ways such as reducing the glare and binding keys to consumable usage.  I don't see where realistic sun glare is so important when half the year we are driving spaceships or mad max destoyers. Realism went out the window a long time ago. 

• Cool 1

[BEA5T]
Members
284 posts
13,339 battles
4 minutes ago, Airfaye said:

The Wargaming modstation has not updated the anti glare since a few updates ago and I had to stop using it completely. Aslain does a much better job on the anti-glare and fog remover. I don't recall my settings but it took a few days of trial and error changing things around.  I suffer from many of the same issues and have dedicated computer glasses that help, but some nights it is just so in your face that I log off and play just about anything else. So many basic tweaks that could be made to improve the game in basic ways such as reducing the glare and binding keys to consumable usage.  I don't see where realistic sun glare is so important when half the year we are driving spaceships or mad max destoyers. Realism went out the window a long time ago. 

Totally agree... we have had some updates and MODSTATION anti glare has not worked since then and this glare continues to be a annoyance. 

[WH4RF]
Members
138 posts
24,504 battles
On 9/6/2019 at 12:36 PM, LadyAnesjka said:

@Grampy2015 I just see you in rank match, I wonder if you give me mean emote like you do to these posts LOL

image.thumb.png.d978831530a96d63b0c82bc383787806.png

Just wanted to make sure my side of the story (glare) gets heard.  I know it doesn't bother most people, but it truly does bother me.  Didn't mean anything mean hehe.  

I guess I didn't notice you in game.  Normally I don't remember screennames too well until we run across each other often.  Where u the one that sunk me??

[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
43 minutes ago, Grampy2015 said:

Just wanted to make sure my side of the story (glare) gets heard.  I know it doesn't bother most people, but it truly does bother me.  Didn't mean anything mean hehe.  

I guess I didn't notice you in game.  Normally I don't remember screennames too well until we run across each other often.  Where u the one that sunk me??

I did not get shot on you until end of game when you was last alive.

• Cool 1