Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

AA Changes and the best CV post 8.5

6 comments in this topic

Members
1,695 posts
7,716 battles

The AA changes are a welcome relief but CVs are still too strong against DDs imho.  Also, for those struggling with The AA changes at t10, Audacious feels virtually unaffected.  

• Boring 1

Members
1,969 posts

"By Crysantos
06/28/2019

Update 0.8.5.1 will address issues with Ranked Sprint, adjust the combat effectiveness of aircraft carriers and fix some bugs. Update Starts: Tue. 02 Jul. 06:00 CEST (UTC+2)"

This video may be outdated as soon as tomorrow. All we can do is wait and see how WG changes either AA or CV's. No doubt the debates that ensue will be entertaining. That quote was pulled from the EU WoWs forums I believe?

Obviously WG was analyzing how 8.5 affected the CV statistics and doesn't care for what they see. Hence the hotfix.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[PSV]
Members
533 posts
20,446 battles

I haven’t played CVs a ton since the patch. From what I’ve seen if the CV is top tier the changes are fine. The CV is mildly nerfed but can still be effective.

The issue is if you’re playing a tier 6 or 8 CV and you’re bottom tier you’re screwed. You’ll get one attack per squadron and still bleed planes, unless you can find a similar tier ship that has potatoed off on its own. And let’s face it - tier 6 and 8 suck right now in general. You’re unlikely to get many top-tier matches.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,371 posts
24,763 battles
15 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

The AA changes are a welcome relief but CVs are still too strong against DDs imho.  Also, for those struggling with The AA changes at t10, Audacious feels virtually unaffected.  

I found the AA changes didn't make as much a difference with Audacious as the speed nerfs.  Given how slow Audacious was already, it hurt.

• Cool 1

0 posts

tier 10 cvs are mostly unaffected, but tier 8 cvs seem to suffer horrendously, especially Saipan and Graf. Weirdly, Kaga does ok.

• Cool 1

[NUWES]
Members
3,525 posts
13,339 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

tier 10 cvs are mostly unaffected, but tier 8 cvs seem to suffer horrendously, especially Saipan and Graf. Weirdly, Kaga does ok.

It has a lot to do with plane capacity and regen rate. I use Enterprise a lot and haven't had much of a problem. Lex seems to be OK still. Saipan and GZ both have some of the lowest capacity and respan rates. It wouldn't surprise me if the change hurts them a lot. Bith of those are really sensitive to losses. I haven't had a huge problem with Ranger either. 

The biggest issue across the board like Zoup said is you have to get used to the DPS loss. Even the carriers with the plane capacity or regen to take the losses are affected by the fact that they simply can't make as many attack runs anymore. I'm not complaining about it but the loss is noticeable. We'll have to wait for numbers to come in and see how big the loss is. 

Sign in to follow this