You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dechion

4th of July event / sale?

20 comments in this topic

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts
3,431 battles

I seem to remember having events and/or sales around the 4th of July in previous years. Has there been anything posted about that happening this year as well? 

Tried searching, but all i come up with is Rogue Wave info, which doesn't interest me in the least.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,054 posts
4,291 battles

I assume something will happen, but nothing has been announced yet. :cap_look:

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

you will get discount on battleship texas and some camo like the lone star or the other one.

source: my rear.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
201 posts
8,582 battles
24 minutes ago, dechion said:

I seem to remember having events and/or sales around the 4th of July in previous years

Looks like all the sales are for Steam Accounts about now. So if you have Steam ur good, if not...

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
6,151 posts
3,029 battles
50 minutes ago, dechion said:

I seem to remember having events and/or sales around the 4th of July in previous years. Has there been anything posted about that happening this year as well? 

Tried searching, but all i come up with is Rogue Wave info, which doesn't interest me in the least.

What about a Canada Day sale? Today is my country's 152nd birthday and I'd like it if that were recognized.

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts
3,431 battles
1 minute ago, 1Sherman said:

What about a Canada Day sale? Today is my country's 152nd birthday and I'd like it if that were recognized.

Agreed. I am surprised that it wasn't acknowledged. I also rather expected a mission or sale involving Haida

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
8 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Dont you guys still have the image of another country's monarch on your coins?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 4

[SIDE]
Members
3,594 posts
7 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Noted.

That was easy...

Alpha Tester
6,151 posts
3,029 battles
3 hours ago, Pytheas said:

Dont you guys still have the image of another country's monarch on your coins?

You see, unlike you guys we still actually like Britain. We didn't have to go to war with them to get our independence and we're just fine with being a part of the Commonwealth.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
4,060 posts
4,347 battles

Firework patches for everyone. Spend $100 for another one, but flashier and shows you're in the cool kids club. 

Alpha Tester
6,151 posts
3,029 battles
4 hours ago, Pytheas said:

Yeah, that's actually a pretty good answer. Although I do love the good ole USA please note I don't really have much in common with billionaires that tricked poor people into fighting wars for them so they didn't have to pay taxes. I just thought my post was glib in a fun sort of way.

Fair enough.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
10,939 posts
14,932 battles
8 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

You can earn a Canada Day Patch right now, but yeah Haida with the camo would have been much better. Missed opportunity by WG

Members
1,924 posts
7,591 battles
8 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

Do Canadians really treat Canada Day as their birthday? Canada was still a British subject after merging the provinces. I would assume independence as the "birthday". 

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
2 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Do Canadians really treat Canada Day as their birthday? Canada was still a British subject after merging the provinces. I would assume independence as the "birthday". 

An actual Canadian might want to elaborate more, but Canadian Independence/ Patriation was a rather gradual process that did not fully complete until 1982. I think Canada day is more significant in most people's minds.

Members
94 posts
15,282 battles

So why not do patches or offers for the festive day of each country in America? Haida was offer as a free 3 day rental. A Cinco de Mayo patch was issued for last Mexican festive day. Next 9th of July is Independence day in Argentina. Maybe offer a 3 free day rental of 9 de Julio as u did with Haida?

Members
7,307 posts
3,248 battles
9 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

tgjy4tughq731.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,711 posts
9,040 battles
5 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

You see, unlike you guys we still actually like Britain.

Speak for yourself.

Yeah, its our day.   Next year, its on a Wednesday - looking forward to the midweek siesta.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
547 posts
13,117 battles

There wasn't any sales, mission, patches, or flags for Memorial day. irc there always had been in the past. I don't except much in the way of the 4th. Maybe the Texas and the RWB camos. To much other stuff going on.  

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,955 posts
14,551 battles

They will not say theres will be a sale before put on sales, why make people hold money to pay less?

Alpha Tester
6,151 posts
3,029 battles
2 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

2 hours ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

An actual Canadian might want to elaborate more, but Canadian Independence/ Patriation was a rather gradual process that did not fully complete until 1982. I think Canada day is more significant in most people's minds.

We do. July 1, 1867 was the day we became a self-governing dominion. It's a fancy way of saying that we took care of our own politics, but we had to run federal law changes past the British Parliament and the Brits could use veto power if they wanted to; They rarely did so for all intents and purposes, it was the day we became a country. What happened in 1982 with the patriation was that the Brits signed over their veto power and law-approving ability and we ratified our charter as a result.

Theoretically, you could also say that Canada truly became a country on April 9, 1917, the day that the Battle Of Vimy Ridge began. It was there that Canada garnered its greatest military triumph and really forged the senses of identity and pride that we hold dear today.

• Cool 1