You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Survivability Expert - Gimme for free

48 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,132 posts

Yea see it's like this... that particular skill is the last thing I waste commander points upon. Twenty-five points per tier? Wow... such a huge benefit. Not. The prior boost was even worse, yah... 

As a matter of fact... out of my current carrier fleet... ten carriers... only four commanders are using it, it's pretty much useless.

I have no skill points to spend so frivolously. 

I know, crocodile tears right? Boo hoo hoo... 

If this is your best solution, where's the free commander skill respec? If you think I'm spending upwards of 475 doubloons to respec commanders, think again. 

I know.. send me 5000 doubloons... that should do it. :cap_haloween:

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

if they just increased the hp of the planes a little,it would be the same thing,but no money from the doubloon respec.

but no,they gotta increase it with a commander  skill that people hardly used.

• Boring 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,132 posts
Just now, Cruxdei said:

they gotta increase it with a commander  skill that people hardly used

It's genius from their point of view... "We make player pay to fix our mistake... genius... good thought Natashya... the moose won't have a clue." 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

It's genius from their point of view... "We make player pay to fix our mistake... genius... good thought Natashya... the moose won't have a clue." 

well too bad,i won't be outsmarted by tier2 russian citiziens.

my graf zep and midway can still kick [edited]anyway,so nothing changed.

[KWF]
Members
3,929 posts
5,924 battles

Speak for yourselves guys; I can now put SE on the Commander of the Yamato I don't have and not only gain 3500HP, but also buff the dual planes I don't run. 

I can already feel the jealousness oozing from my screen :fish_glass:.

• Funny 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,132 posts

Well me, mister tech tree, will step further away from the game. More time elsewhere, other games, other things, just life in general. They may not know it but they're helping me kick the addiction this game produces in folks. Thanks WoWS/WG! 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,132 posts
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Speak for yourselves guys; I can now put SE on the Commander of the Yamato I don't have and not only gain 3500HP, but also buff the dual planes I don't run. 

I can already feel the jealousness oozing from my screen :fish_glass:.

I'm wondering about that as well... considering ship launched FIGHTER GROUPS (how many planes can a non-carrier ship launch again) will also gain access to those additional HP points... which of course "should" exacerbate the issue of downing additional carrier aircraft. 

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
15 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Yea see it's like this... that particular skill is the last thing I waste commander points upon. Twenty-five points per tier? Wow... such a huge benefit. Not. The prior boost was even worse, yah... 

As a matter of fact... out of my current carrier fleet... ten carriers... only four commanders are using it, it's pretty much useless.

If this is your best solution, where's the free commander skill respec? If you think I'm spending upwards of 475 doubloons to respec commanders, think again. 

Step 1: Create problem

Step 2: Sell Solution

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit!

PTW model in a nutshell.

Members
207 posts
1,141 battles

If you didnt take the captain skill they just buffed a little (and almost nobody did), sorry youre screwed because you must purchase doubloons with real money to reset the captain skills

[FTH]
Members
1,001 posts
15,219 battles

I was already running it on my Aud and Midway, but didn't realize I wasn't using my second ovetchkin commander on it, so I'm debating dragging it out of reserve, bumping it to 19 and throwing it on, not like I'm doing anything else with it.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,983 posts
5,499 battles

Surely to all that's holy they will offer a respec......  This is a fix?   wth?  

[PHD]
Members
1,104 posts
5,080 battles
57 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I miss Rocky and the gang. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,031 posts
17,578 battles

Spreadsheet says: you have a bad build. Git math.

Edited by Edgecase
  • Cool 1

Clan Supertest Coordinator
1,817 posts
8,644 battles

Ok, lets look at some numbers before you start claiming even more nonsense.

ggCEZ51.png

Those are some simple calculation of plane HP, squadron HP with SE and without SE ea + post and pre buff ea too. So what does these numbers tell?

QcdnZkd.png

If you look at the quotient between how many net HP a squadron gained with SE and individual plane HP with SE, you can interpret the numbers as how many planes the squadron gained virtually and effectively.

For example: Midway DB has 12 planes per squadron. With SE it the entire squadron has a net HP gain of 1800 HP pre buff and 3000 HP post buff. Single Midway TB with SE has 2310 HP pre buff and 2410 HP post buff. Now take both numbers and build a quotient of each. That gives us:

77,92% for pre buff and 124,48% post buff. This means pre buff Midway TB with SE has effectively 12,78 planes per squadron instead of 12. You have additional gain of 0,78 plane that can tank AA.

Post buff you Midway TB has effectively 13,24 planes per squadron instead of 12. You have additional 1,24 planes that can tank AA.

This is why SE is worth spending 3 points. Don't just look at tiny numbers, but do the math and calculate yourself whether the skill is worth or not. Additional effective planes gives you additional seconds that can decide whether you can manage to drop or not.

• Cool 2

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

Hey folks, we do understand there is a lot of feedback around today's change.  We're still looking into additional changes as they are necessary, so please let us know how CVs feel (both playing and playing against). 

If we need further adjustments based on the data we receive, it will happen and again bear in mind further AA changes are being tested and a sector AA design is in process. 

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
21 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Hey folks, we do understand there is a lot of feedback around today's change.  We're still looking into additional changes as they are necessary, so please let us know how CVs feel (both playing and playing against). 

If we need further adjustments based on the data we receive, it will happen and again bear in mind further AA changes are being tested and a sector AA design is in process. 

Stop giving CVs the power to ruin everyone's game.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4
  • Angry 1

[POP]
Members
763 posts
7,622 battles

Jut buffing survivability expert by 10% is not going the  help much.  Plane heal needs to be reworked,  speed boost needs to be upped and lengthened drastically and plane refresh rate needs to be drastically increased (on the saipan mostly)  

• Cool 2

[-BUI-]
Members
1,523 posts
4,739 battles
4 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Eh, even before 8.5 I consider this a required skill for all CVs  (especially those of us rocking Ovechkin).    So its just a flat buff for all my CVs.   I do need to respec though, as I was also running Adrenaline Rush on everything.

Also, you can use Elite Commander Exp to reset commanders if you have it, no doubloons required.

Edited by Zenn3k

[GOSF]
[GOSF]
Members
194 posts
1,127 battles
4 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well me, mister tech tree, will step further away from the game. More time elsewhere, other games, other things, just life in general. They may not know it but they're helping me kick the addiction this game produces in folks. Thanks WoWS/WG! 

As much as i love the game, have been less "on", with it and more "on" with Monster Hunter, still gotta test how carriers feel tho from time to time

[WOLF7]
Members
135 posts
9 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Also, you can use Elite Commander Exp to reset commanders if you have it, no doubloons required.

Elite commander XP cost for this is obscenely overpriced.  10,000 XP per skill point.  At best discount ever of 35 Elite ship XP to free XP that is 285 doubloons per skill instead of a straight out 25.  Ridiculous costs either way.  If commander skill redistribution cannot be free, any cost should be very nominal (2 doubloons or 100 XP per skill point).   

[-BUI-]
Members
1,523 posts
4,739 battles
1 minute ago, gslick said:

Elite commander XP cost for this is obscenely overpriced.  10,000 XP per skill point.  At best discount ever of 35 Elite ship XP to free XP that is 285 doubloons per skill instead of a straight out 25.  Ridiculous costs either way.  If commander skill redistribution cannot be free, any cost should be very nominal (2 doubloons or 100 XP per skill point).   

I guess?   I have a bunch of 19 pointers, I usually have a ton of it laying around, I had like 800,000 the other day before I spent a bunch to train a captain, so 190,000 for a 19pt captain reset is nothing.   

Still better than spending money on it.

Edited by Zenn3k

[WOLF8]
Members
6,591 posts
5,797 battles

I grabbed SE as my first 3 point skill on all my CV captains... but that was because back in the early days of the rework, I wasn't sure how the whole interaction between the planes and the flaks & the continuous AA would play out. The skill descriptions gave me an impression that the Aircraft Armor only worked against the continuous AA, whereas the SE works against everything... even though it was actually just a tiny irrelevant boost (lol). Nonetheless, all my CV captains still have SE.

I suppose I'm at least "spared" from having to respecc my captains in 0.8.5.1, but I gotta say that it still feels like a short handed band-aid solution. I would think that at least +50 HP per tier would be more appropriate... at minimum.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[WOLF7]
Members
135 posts
1 minute ago, Zenn3k said:

I guess?   I have a bunch of 19 pointers, I usually have a ton of it laying around, I had like 800,000 the other day before I spent a bunch to train a captain.    Still better than spending money on it.

That is nice for you and all.  Still does not help me from feeling like they are gouging the rest of us on this.  (also your 800,000 will only respec 4 of those 19 point captains).