You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeepBrine

What kind of player community is this?

68 comments in this topic

[HOT]
[HOT]
Members
568 posts
16,017 battles

Dude TK'd you straight up. 99.999999% of players would never do this but the few bad apples always try to ruin the whole barrel.

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
51 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Well writen and accurate. The DD hate train has been going for 6 months. The CC are all in on it as well.

They wonder why people arnt playing and then posts like your happened. Its not just the TK its the chat its the smugness its everything.

At this point find another game because that level of @hole is not going to go away. Its here to stay!  The DD player base has been coddled to for so long that they are driving good people away.

Dont spend money and just find somthing else till then ban the DD.

How do you know it's accurate?

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
6 hours ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Can you say, "I had ti many martonis"?

Wonder how many shots of whiskey it takes to faceroll the keyboard and torp a teammate while trying to reinforce a sector? Now you know exactly who to ask. Much win.

Members
77 posts
9,914 battles

I've only ever been torped by a friendly player once in my Cv. He was in a Fiji and was yoloing into a BB that has like 8-10K HP left. I told him not a good idea/trade off for the team and flew in and torped and killed the BB. He thought I stole a kill from him, when Im almost entirely positive I saved him and he proceeds to drive to me and torp me a few times before leaving for the port.

Edited by JimmyNumale

[--K--]
Members
5,332 posts
16,759 battles

While its never ok to intentionally sink a friendly ship, even if that ship is part of a much-maligned class as the Carriers are. I have a lot of time invested in this game I such events are very rare. That's not to say I haven't seen those toxic captains who do more damage to their team than the enemy because I have. Sadly you encountered one of those toxic players. Thankfully there are very few of them in this game compared to other games I've played. Most of the time the Game and the Forums are a friendly welcoming place, with a bit of good natured trash talking thrown in. So while the game is in a ruff place currently because of the rework and balancing at the moment don' let that get in your way of having fun. If you are tired of bad players go do some operation or play some Coop games. Some times I even change the tier ship I'm playing to take me out of a Tier Spread that seems to be infected with a few bad captains. 

I do have to take issue with one thing you said. I don't think half the player base plays Carriers. I don't think even a 1/4th of the player base plays Carriers on a regular basis. If I had to guess off hand I would say most players play Battleships, than Destroyers, followed by Cruisers and way down the list in 6th place is the Carrier players. 

Edited by RedSeaBear

[NFE]
Members
358 posts
3,185 battles

I agree that the player base is mostly good, and toxic players are rare.

FWIW, I played badly yesterday, cost my team at least one win out of 3 games...and didn't lose any karma, or get insulted, even though I deserved it. I suppose that makes up for my great games that I got no karma for.

Members
263 posts
2,082 battles
35 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

Wonder how many shots of whiskey it takes to faceroll the keyboard and torp a teammate while trying to reinforce a sector? Now you know exactly who to ask. Much win.

I don't know, but I know that being sleep deprived, hiking all morning in the mountains, low blood sugar, and an electrolyte imbalance can lead to me panic unloading a full BB broadside into a friendly DD's stern 5km away. I actually believed, for all the world, that he was an enemy, until I got the team damage message. Um... epic potato brain.

It didn't kill him, though, and we ended up #1 and #2 on the team board after clearing our flank together. I apologized, all was good, though I'm sure he thought I was a special kind of idiot.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,684 posts
12,339 battles
10 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

Will YOU upgrade YOUR attitude and that of others who think like YOU and call a good septic service to extract the defecation that is between YOUR ears?

Edited by lochlan_
non constructive
  • Confused 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,080 posts
18,009 battles

Intentional TK. If you think the in-game pink is enough punishment, just let it go. If you think the case should be reviewed by a human with the authority to hand down harsher sanctions, send the replay with a customer service ticket.

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
18 minutes ago, Incomitatus said:

I don't know, but I know that being sleep deprived, hiking all morning in the mountains, low blood sugar, and an electrolyte imbalance can lead to me panic unloading a full BB broadside into a friendly DD's stern 5km away. I actually believed, for all the world, that he was an enemy, until I got the team damage message. Um... epic potato brain.

It didn't kill him, though, and we ended up #1 and #2 on the team board after clearing our flank together. I apologized, all was good, though I'm sure he thought I was a special kind of idiot.

Lol! Nicely done! I actually go out of my way to upvote those that apologize for borkpedoing/borksalvoing teammates and those that forgive. Hopefully im not too much of an outlier in that regard.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,409 posts
8,275 battles

What did you really expect from this community? They defend the ability to team kill because “muh history!” And then blame you for eating their torpedo.

[WORX]
Members
9,575 posts
17,573 battles

Getting torped by a friendly DD in a CV.. That is nothing... I had guys PMing me in game AFTER the match was over in port, with their rage comments...

Some just wont let it go/move on even after I done 2 games. The funny part about it WE WON!

This goes on in every MMO game... No one is immune unless you bubble yourself.

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts
6 hours ago, Pytheas said:

How do you know it's accurate?

Because you dont play CV anf fact that he got torp and the jaclhole said he was torping planes show how disgusting that did is. And if you dont see it then you just as bad

O but your part of the hive mind so it's ok.

It time for CV players to rocket the green DD and say oops.

The hate train has gone on toong and for 2 long. Now DD players cry victon when they have been assaulting every CV player every game.

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts
2 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

While its never ok to intentionally sink a friendly ship, even if that ship is part of a much-maligned class as the Carriers are. I have a lot of time invested in this game I such events are very rare. That's not to say I haven't seen those toxic captains who do more damage to their team than the enemy because I have. Sadly you encountered one of those toxic players. Thankfully there are very few of them in this game compared to other games I've played. Most of the time the Game and the Forums are a friendly welcoming place, with a bit of good natured trash talking thrown in. So while the game is in a ruff place currently because of the rework and balancing at the moment don' let that get in your way of having fun. If you are tired of bad players go do some operation or play some Coop games. Some times I even change the tier ship I'm playing to take me out of a Tier Spread that seems to be infected with a few bad captains. 

I do have to take issue with one thing you said. I don't think half the player base plays Carriers. I don't think even a 1/4th of the player base plays Carriers on a regular basis. If I had to guess off hand I would say most players play Battleships, than Destroyers, followed by Cruisers and way down the list in 6th place is the Carrier players. 

They happen all the time. Play cv and you will be disgusted at how often it happen. Your all sink. Its a vidio game grt over yourselves

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts
9 hours ago, Lert said:

Congratulations, you found an afthole online. Doesn't means that the whole community is like that.

Have you read the forums for the last 6 months?

[JMMAF]
Members
440 posts
7,571 battles

Zero problem with it.   I am actually a big fan of player enforced code of conduct rather than people talking to devs about it.

Always played on PVP servers and those were some of the best behaved communities I have ever been a part of.  

Carriers been griefing everyone for the past months. I am really not upset in the least that a carrier got torped by a friendly, intentional or not.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,537 posts
10,372 battles

I don't like CVs, but I would never TK a CV on my team, nor would I berate them for playing CV.  The problem is WGs problem, not the player's problem.  

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
18 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Because you dont play CV anf fact that he got torp and the jaclhole said he was torping planes show how disgusting that did is. And if you dont see it then you just as bad

O but your part of the hive mind so it's ok.

It time for CV players to rocket the green DD and say oops.

The hate train has gone on toong and for 2 long. Now DD players cry victon when they have been assaulting every CV player every game.

Slow down turbo. He was recounting an event he stated happened and you said it's accurate. Do you have a replay?

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,045 posts
9 hours ago, DeepBrine said:

I don't need to play a game where half of the community makes it a point to grief the other half of the community simply because they don't like the way the game mechanics work. 

It's not half-n-half , it's more like 90-10 remember even WG admits the majority doesn't want CVs in the game lol.

• Cool 1

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
2 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Friendly torpedoes dont cause flooding.

Your story doesn't add up.

Thank you. I'd really like to see a replay. Seems like he's fresh out.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,192 posts
12,658 battles

At this point, the replies of the anti-CV crowd are becoming so blinkered and spiteful that my sympathies are entirely with the CV drivers and likely to remain so.

If I weren't a part-time CV driver already, I think I'd start playing the type right now purely out of solidarity.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1