Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeepBrine

What kind of player community is this?

68 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
31 posts
640 battles

Just got torped by a friendly DD.  Stuff happens right?  Get up front in a knife fight with your CC or DD and sometimes bad things happen.  Get over it, right?  I've been on both sides of that "aw sh!t" exchange.  Profuse apologies and we continue on, right?

Except I was playing a CV.  I have it in the backfield, launching planes, spotting targets and hunting enemy DDs.  In the midst flying my one active squadron through flak and trying to keep an eye on that enemy DD with the cloaking device I hear "Torpedo, Starboard side!"

I'm all "wth??"  I've carefully plotted a course that keeps BBs between me and the scary guys. I have tucked into the larger formation (as if one exists in Random games) to make sure that my eggshell of a ship is not left out to be someone's punching bag.  Now I have torps in the water aimed at me with no enemy planes in sight?

I hit F so I can see what my ship is doing, in the process abandoning the friendlies that I have been spotting for to that smoke filled cloaking machine they are facing.  Good luck buddies but I have incoming fire!  I'll be back!

Sure enough, I have an incoming torpedo.  From a "friendly" DD that decided to hang back with the CVs and "torpedo planes".  I call out the little nerf herder for torping me.  "Sorry, tried to torpedo a plane" comes back on the chat line.  Guy is so choked up he runs and hides as far from the enemy as possible.  My damage repair parties stick some chewing gum in the torpedo sized hole and I get planes in the air again.  Got an enemy DD to kill!

At the end, I am shaking my head at some NOOB being so clueless as to try and torpedo a plan.  Figure I will follow up and see if I can give him a link to how torps work.  So I look up his profile at the end of the game.

18K+ battles.  Member of a well established clan.  He has 10K+ battles in a DD.  Yet he has never set foot on the deck of a CV.

Somehow, the story "tried to torpedo a plane but hit a friendly CV on accident" just doesn't sound right anymore.  Really?  After 10K battles in a destroyer you have no idea what the torpedo reticle looks like?  In all those 10K games it never occurred to you that torpedoes don't knock down planes?  Suddenly the "accidentally torped the CV while shooting planes" story is not quite so believable.

What is the problem here guys?   CVs are hard enough to play without friendly fire.  The anti-CV animosity is ridiculous.  I'm barely a month into the game and I am thinking I don't want to play with such a collection of $%%$%&*.  

I gave this game a pause over the weekend while you all sorted out your most recent update.  I think I will give this another pause.   I don't need to play a game where half of the community makes it a point to grief the other half of the community simply because they don't like the way the game mechanics work. 

A month into the game and already disgusted with the player community.  Way to go guys.  Well Done, as they say in the USN.

  • Cool 8
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
527
[DDM_]
Members
1,552 posts
5,428 battles

Unfortunately there are quite a few of the "DD MAIN" types that actively grief anyone playing a CV. Read the forums and you'll see one or two of them admit to doing so. Just the way it is sadly. They aren't mature enough to accept that something they don't like is here to stay. (and I don't think CV's should be in the game myself so take that for what it's worth). 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
263 posts
2,082 battles

Nasty teammates happen. I've never been torp'd by a friendly when playing a CV, but I've been mass reported just for loading into the game in my carrier.

I've been reported for HE spamming in a cruiser, too.

I've been yelled at for pushing in a BB and for hanging back in a BB.

I've been cussed out in chat for playing a DD.

I've been intentionally shot and torpedoed by teammates who decided to be agents of chaos (just not while playing a CV, so far).

But... it doesn't happen that often. It's the joys of multiplayer online games.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,492
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,084 posts
17,133 battles

Congratulations, you found an afthole online. Doesn't means that the whole community is like that.

  • Cool 5
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,781
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,132 posts

Others will scoff but I suggest writing to Customer Service, a ticket. Point out the attempt to damage was planned. I'd also contact the clan leader and tell them a thing or two nicely as well... 

As they say, yea, like that'll do anything. You never know, it could. It can't hurt. You got replays enabled for a reason you know. :cap_like:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
196
[BSL]
Members
1,057 posts
18,894 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

Congratulations, you found an afthole online. Doesn't means that the while community is like that.

nice Lert!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
423
[VFW]
Members
1,345 posts
27,401 battles

Folks that TK and mean it...well, they are never welcomed nor wanted.

Edited by TexJapan
non constructive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
Members
233 posts
6,047 battles

I'm pretty sure you just met the toxic part of the playerbase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
615
[QNA]
Beta Testers
1,410 posts
39 minutes ago, R_Razor said:

Unfortunately there are quite a few of the "DD MAIN" types that actively grief anyone playing a CV. Read the forums and you'll see one or two of them admit to doing so. Just the way it is sadly. They aren't mature enough to accept that something they don't like is here to stay. (and I don't think CV's should be in the game myself so take that for what it's worth). 

speaking as a DD main, Id rather have my CV remain in play doing stuff, trying to win, same as me, than see him TKed for any petty reasoning.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
502 posts
6,641 battles

Does pushing you into oncoming torpedoes count?  Accidentally of course, you understand that one would never do that on purpose and one would naturally make use of the gap the green ship made in the wall of skill but it seems to happen rather often...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37
[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,613 battles

Been playing here a few months and, while there's a lot of cool people here the number of complete [edited] far exceeds any other game I've ever played. They [edited] and moan and cry about everything - in the game! I could care less about doing it in the forums, that's part of what forums are about, but while you're playing to have to listen to this crap is just ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,350
[KWF]
Members
3,929 posts
5,924 battles

There are a few bad apples in any bunch. Yes what happened to you was bad, but it's also a pretty rare event. I have never seen it happening post rework. Aside from whining about CVs, never seen any complaint either.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
221
[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
922 posts
11,192 battles

To be honest, most the playerbase is pretty decent.

You do get these odd players, I generally just ignore them and move on. Play your game, keep doing the things that you have been doing and have fun whilst doing it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
527
[DDM_]
Members
1,552 posts
5,428 battles
10 minutes ago, Dareios said:

speaking as a DD main, Id rather have my CV remain in play doing stuff, trying to win, same as me, than see him TKed for any petty reasoning.

Which is why I said quite a few and not all, or even a majority. Unfortunately there are enough of that type out there that it colors perceptions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
370
[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
391 posts
17,016 battles
38 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

 FYI...his win rate is based on 7.6K seal clubbing at Tier 1.  Shame.

 

Off topic, but MM does not group together the newbies with the very experienced players in Tier 1.  Players thinking they are going to pad their stats by clubbing seals at Tier 1 are in for a rude awakening.  Hop in Black Swan tonight and give it a try.  I've not done it in several months, but often it's a hoot to play with these guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,501
[RLGN]
Members
13,280 posts
23,177 battles
35 minutes ago, Dareios said:

speaking as a DD main, Id rather have my CV remain in play doing stuff, trying to win, same as me, than see him TKed for any petty reasoning.

This.

I actively work with anyone I notice needs help, and make a habit of going to help carriers in trouble, because it’s better if they stay in the game.

OP, you’ll find more helpful, or at least neutral players, than you’ll ever see griefers like the player who torped you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57
[NVRDY]
Members
254 posts
14,391 battles
1 hour ago, DeepBrine said:

Just got torped by a friendly DD.  Stuff happens right?  Get up front in a knife fight with your CC or DD and sometimes bad things happen.  Get over it, right?  I've been on both sides of that "aw sh!t" exchange.  Profuse apologies and we continue on, right?

Except I was playing a CV.  I have it in the backfield, launching planes, spotting targets and hunting enemy DDs.  In the midst flying my one active squadron through flak and trying to keep an eye on that enemy DD with the cloaking device I hear "Torpedo, Starboard side!"

I'm all "wth??"  I've carefully plotted a course that keeps BBs between me and the scary guys. I have tucked into the larger formation (as if one exists in Random games) to make sure that my eggshell of a ship is not left out to be someone's punching bag.  Now I have torps in the water aimed at me with no enemy planes in sight?

I hit F so I can see what my ship is doing, in the process abandoning the friendlies that I have been spotting for to that smoke filled cloaking machine they are facing.  Good luck buddies but I have incoming fire!  I'll be back!

Sure enough, I have an incoming torpedo.  From a "friendly" DD that decided to hang back with the CVs and "torpedo planes".  I call out the little nerf herder for torping me.  "Sorry, tried to torpedo a plane" comes back on the chat line.  Guy is so choked up he runs and hides as far from the enemy as possible.  My damage repair parties stick some chewing gum in the torpedo sized hole and I get planes in the air again.  Got an enemy DD to kill!

At the end, I am shaking my head at some NOOB being so clueless as to try and torpedo a plan.  Figure I will follow up and see if I can give him a link to how torps work.  So I look up his profile at the end of the game.

18K+ battles.  Member of a well established clan.  He has 10K+ battles in a DD.  Yet he has never set foot on the deck of a CV.

Somehow, the story "tried to torpedo a plane but hit a friendly CV on accident" just doesn't sound right anymore.  Really?  After 10K battles in a destroyer you have no idea what the torpedo reticle looks like?  In all those 10K games it never occurred to you that torpedoes don't knock down planes?  Suddenly the "accidentally torped the CV while shooting planes" story is not quite so believable.

What is the problem here guys?   CVs are hard enough to play without friendly fire.  The anti-CV animosity is ridiculous.  I'm barely a month into the game and I am thinking I don't want to play with such a collection of $%%$%&*.  

I gave this game a pause over the weekend while you all sorted out your most recent update.  I think I will give this another pause.   I don't need to play a game where half of the community makes it a point to grief the other half of the community simply because they don't like the way the game mechanics work. 

A month into the game and already disgusted with the player community.  Way to go guys.  Well Done, as they say in the USN.

Yesterday I had a friendly Bismarck that was 🔥 and flooding to death so I sent torps from my Atago off his starboard side and it would have avenged his death but said Bismarck proceeded to go way out of his way to eat a torpedo so he'd die by his friendly torpedo instead of the fire 🔥 and flooding. I asked why did you do that? His answer was to teach me a lesson, not to torp behind friendly... wth😵. I said I would have sank them to avenge your death,  he said I didn't care, learn your lesson... We lost the battle, I was top the xp board by over 400 higher than the next ship on my team, 2ships were left on the red team at the end to kill me... If I had killed the original red ship with those torps I'd venture to say my stealthy Atago would have won the match... Yes I was on tilt for an hour at least 😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,500 posts

How many games have you played?  How many different players have you already interacted with and had no problems?  Now, you're allowing a few to dictate what the whole community is while ignoring the countless others who didn't do anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[WOOKY]
Members
24 posts
5,992 battles
2 hours ago, DeepBrine said:

A month into the game and already disgusted with the player community.  Way to go guys.  Well Done, as they say in the USN.

Keep playing. You'll then get to experience the glorious thing I experienced yesterday, when I was in my Ranger and a "friendly" Vladivostok managed to kill himself shooting me. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,749
[SIM]
Members
4,570 posts
7,576 battles

There are some great people associated with this game, but there are also a lot of salty, self assured jerks who will go out of their way to try to ruin your day. Par for the course for an online game? Perhaps, but WoWs has its own particular brand of troll that tends to be even more insufferable than the frothy raging lads in other games. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,256
[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles
2 hours ago, DeepBrine said:

"Sorry, tried to torpedo a plane"

This is priceless

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,872
[SOV]
Members
4,251 posts
1 hour ago, DeepBrine said:

Just got torped by a friendly DD.  Stuff happens right?  Get up front in a knife fight with your CC or DD and sometimes bad things happen.  Get over it, right?  I've been on both sides of that "aw sh!t" exchange.  Profuse apologies and we continue on, right?

Except I was playing a CV.  I have it in the backfield, launching planes, spotting targets and hunting enemy DDs.  In the midst flying my one active squadron through flak and trying to keep an eye on that enemy DD with the cloaking device I hear "Torpedo, Starboard side!"

I'm all "wth??"  I've carefully plotted a course that keeps BBs between me and the scary guys. I have tucked into the larger formation (as if one exists in Random games) to make sure that my eggshell of a ship is not left out to be someone's punching bag.  Now I have torps in the water aimed at me with no enemy planes in sight?

I hit F so I can see what my ship is doing, in the process abandoning the friendlies that I have been spotting for to that smoke filled cloaking machine they are facing.  Good luck buddies but I have incoming fire!  I'll be back!

Sure enough, I have an incoming torpedo.  From a "friendly" DD that decided to hang back with the CVs and "torpedo planes".  I call out the little nerf herder for torping me.  "Sorry, tried to torpedo a plane" comes back on the chat line.  Guy is so choked up he runs and hides as far from the enemy as possible.  My damage repair parties stick some chewing gum in the torpedo sized hole and I get planes in the air again.  Got an enemy DD to kill!

At the end, I am shaking my head at some NOOB being so clueless as to try and torpedo a plan.  Figure I will follow up and see if I can give him a link to how torps work.  So I look up his profile at the end of the game.

18K+ battles.  Member of a well established clan.  He has 10K+ battles in a DD.  Yet he has never set foot on the deck of a CV.

Somehow, the story "tried to torpedo a plane but hit a friendly CV on accident" just doesn't sound right anymore.  Really?  After 10K battles in a destroyer you have no idea what the torpedo reticle looks like?  In all those 10K games it never occurred to you that torpedoes don't knock down planes?  Suddenly the "accidentally torped the CV while shooting planes" story is not quite so believable.

What is the problem here guys?   CVs are hard enough to play without friendly fire.  The anti-CV animosity is ridiculous.  I'm barely a month into the game and I am thinking I don't want to play with such a collection of $%%$%&*.  

I gave this game a pause over the weekend while you all sorted out your most recent update.  I think I will give this another pause.   I don't need to play a game where half of the community makes it a point to grief the other half of the community simply because they don't like the way the game mechanics work. 

A month into the game and already disgusted with the player community.  Way to go guys.  Well Done, as they say in the USN.

Well writen and accurate. The DD hate train has been going for 6 months. The CC are all in on it as well.

They wonder why people arnt playing and then posts like your happened. Its not just the TK its the chat its the smugness its everything.

At this point find another game because that level of @hole is not going to go away. Its here to stay!  The DD player base has been coddled to for so long that they are driving good people away.

Dont spend money and just find somthing else till then ban the DD.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×