You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
UltimateNewbie

Haida - One year on and STILL not available for doubloons

41 comments in this topic

[FML]
Members
4,314 posts
16,490 battles

WG team, I would be grateful if you could remedy this glaring oversight, omission or error.  The HMCS Haida has now been available for one full calander year, yet you have never made it available in the Tech Tree nor the Arsenal/Armoury for doubloons. 

I have been waiting for a full year for it to become available.  That is a long, long time for a game.  I had bought some doubloons before she became available in anticipation of her release.  It was a grave error.  

Can someone on staff please: 

1. Make it happen now; or
  2. Advise when it will become available for acquisition for doubloons - and how much for; or
  3. Advise that it will never become available for doubloons (where I will likely quit the game, but you wont care anyway, but still).  

I think waiting a full year is plenty enough time.  I dont think I am being unreasonable here. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3

Members
1,380 posts

Was there some sort of contest or a way to win her?  With Ranked Sprint happening SOON (TM) might be a great time to pick up some cash.    

How did I get her AND the Canadian camo?  I am not Canadian or Canadien!

Members
1,380 posts

FYI mine shows 5.7 km surface spotting which is really low for a Tier 7.  It is hilarious when being chased as it has a 102mm secondary gun on the back shootin away at your pursuer.

Wish I could gift it as it only got used last week.  Sat forever. 

Edited by Toxic_Potato

Members
301 posts
3,474 battles

Sometimes I feel bad I have all these premiums that people are waiting to buy or can't buy and I never play them. I wish you could give a prem ship you own to someone.

[KWF]
Members
6,712 posts
7,321 battles

At the pace we are going I expect nothing on July 4th either. I can't recall if there were ANY doubloon discounts on premium ships since the Christmas Holidays. In the meantime I got a pile of doubloons that I would like to spend, but not at the full prices most of these things go. :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by warheart1992

[META_]
Members
1,840 posts
19,067 battles

Too bad... Haida is my to  go dd for this sprint, that and  the Nelson are going to be STRONG this season 😉

Edited by oldschool1972

[RLGN]
Members
16,841 posts
29,512 battles

Hey UN, I would think as an Aussie you would want Sydney, Canberra, or Daring/Vampire II, sooner than some ole’ Canuck thing...

Thought LWM was the Haida fanatic! :cap_horn:

[FML]
Members
4,314 posts
16,490 battles
27 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Hey UN, I would think as an Aussie you would want Sydney, Canberra, or Daring/Vampire II, sooner than some ole’ Canuck thing...

I do blame LWM.  She had me at cobra-chicken...

I wouldnt be against more Australian/Commonwealth ships, but I am a fairly patient person where those will come eventually. But the Haida is here right now - but just out of reach...

Beta Testers
8 posts
1,246 battles

I received a Twitch mission which, if completed, rewards the Haida for three days.  Is there some other way to earn her?

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles
16 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

I would give you mine if I could. Absolute trash ship.

It may be not for everybody, but Haida is in absolutely no way a trash ship.  Mutsuki is trash.

[FML]
Members
4,314 posts
16,490 battles
54 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

I would give you mine if I could. Absolute trash ship.

This made me alert and alarmed...

37 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

It may be not for everybody, but Haida is in absolutely no way a trash ship.  Mutsuki is trash.

Thankfully, Ace saved the day.  Confirmation bias ftw!!!

• Funny 1

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,738 battles

Humor me ... why is this a concern? You can't get doubloons for free and you still have to whip out your credit card in the shop regardless, no?

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,377 posts
14,222 battles
3 hours ago, oldschool1972 said:

Haida is my to  go dd for this sprint, that and  the Nelson are going to be STRONG this season

Let your inner P2W rejoice!.  I will be watching the forums through the season... I wonder if they will blow up.

[PHD]
Members
2,004 posts
7,777 battles
4 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I would think that at some point a RN county class ship would need to be added. But I guess the cost/ benefit of creating it would need to be figured. I don't know if WG did that well with the Exeter.

[NSEW]
Members
2,585 posts
12,112 battles
4 hours ago, RedPwny said:

I received a Twitch mission which, if completed, rewards the Haida for three days.  Is there some other way to earn her?

So did I. Then I saw the number 3 and a clock face icon. I said no. Not doing that mission. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles
4 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Mutsuki?...

You mean Mutsucky? 

[META_]
Members
1,840 posts
19,067 battles
1 hour ago, skillztowin said:

Let your inner P2W rejoice!.  I will be watching the forums through the season... I wonder if they will blow up.

Yes both are premium, but haida is mid winrate per global stats so good luck with the p2w analysis... Always a hater.. Actually 8 dds are above the haida in winrates, 

Edited by oldschool1972
  • Cool 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,377 posts
14,222 battles
41 minutes ago, oldschool1972 said:

haida is mid winrate per global stats so good luck with the p2w analysis

wait till you see it preform in a exclusive T7, 7v7 format. 

Members
595 posts
6,638 battles

Haida is the strongest DD for T7 Sprint mainly because it has the best concealment with some of the best overall gun dpm at the tier.  It also has long creeping smoke plus hydro which makes it a cap monster.  Go ahead and check off a generous health pool and HE alpha.  Granted, it lacks the relative ability to influence matches once all the DD's are dead...but if you killed all of the red DD's...you should be on the winning side.  Bad gun angles, poor fire chance, and a pitiful(high damage but low number) torp rack don't really cancel out the massive advantages this ship has.

The Haida is by far the best DD at T7 for a pure T7 match.  It's not really close.

There should be some epic confrontations between Haida's and Belfast's in a couple of days.

If you want to roll into Sprint with the perceived darlings...you're taking: Haida, Belfast, Sinop.    

[META_]
Members
1,840 posts
19,067 battles
53 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

wait till you see it preform in a exclusive T7, 7v7 format. 

Ssshhh, keep it quiet..... She's average I say😉..... 

• Funny 1

[META_]
Members
1,840 posts
19,067 battles

She uptiers great also, concealment doesn't have a tier.... Z39 has more health and better hydro but I have a cpl tricks for haida also. It'll be fun... Gadja and z is higher on winrates and should do well but something I learned in tier 10 ranked battles will Carry over that is an advantage for the haida I'll be using... I'll share my stats in the sprint after the sprint. 😉 She's not for everyone and it actually only dawned on me while using my gearing in ranked.