A new battle format for Clans.

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[DPG]
Supertester
588 posts
14,309 battles

So awesome that you are bringing this to the game ! 

adding some of these short term Clan "Sprint" of different tiers is refreshing - Keep it up !

Thank you ! 

Kar

• Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,029 posts
17,562 battles

Wow guys, could you maybe give us more than 5 days' advance notice before setting us up for a 6-hour long grind? And really... could you pick a better date than evening on the Saturday of Fourth of July weekend when tons of us won't be around?

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles
2 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Wow guys, could you maybe give us more than 5 days' advance notice before setting us up for a 6-hour long grind? And really... could you pick a better date than evening on the Saturday of Fourth of July weekend when tons of us won't be around?

Hey Edgecase, unfortunately this event was originally slated for this previous weekend but was delayed due to a technical issue.  We want to ensure we make two of these events available and this is the first available weekend to launch it after the fixes were initiated.    Of course you should enjoy your holiday weekend but if you are in town hopefully you can participate. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,029 posts
17,562 battles
19 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Hey Edgecase, unfortunately this event was originally slated for this previous weekend but was delayed due to a technical issue.  We want to ensure we make two of these events available and this is the first available weekend to launch it after the fixes were initiated.    Of course you should enjoy your holiday weekend but if you are in town hopefully you can participate. 

:Smile_sad:

On a separate note, btw, are leaderboard rewards global or regional? The news post had ambiguous commas.

Members
538 posts
14,040 battles

@Radar_X

So CVs WILL be in this mode? The previous news post about clan sprint said no CVs.

I just don't see how WG can think CVs are anywhere NEAR ready for competitive play. They are still wayyyyyy off now with major changes in every patch. 

[WOLFC]
Members
2,590 posts
14,073 battles
1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

I will definitely be in town, and if I'm lucky, by 5pm this Saturday I will have had more than my fair share of adult "barley tea", the briskets and ribs will be coming off the smoker to rest, and we'll begin the pre-staging of fireworks for all the kids and grandkids.  Seriously, even Christmas morning would probably be a better choice for an event than Independence Day weekend ... but I hope those poor souls without anything to do on this major holiday enjoy it.  :Smile_facepalm:

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
319 posts
9,168 battles

Not going to happen for my clans, 5 days notice and it says 22:00 UTC ( 10PM EST ) I would guess but who knows from WG, family and friends are more important than this to soon to think about it no notice crap again.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,911 posts
13,053 battles

CVs in CWs.... umm no thanks...this clan is out.

• Boring 1

Members
1,451 posts
6,918 battles

This seems like a strong step towards carriers in clan battles.  I hope WG will reconsider.  Having clan battles as a strategic mode, without carriers, is all that is keeping many people playing. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,803 posts
9,132 battles

For anyone wondering, I went back and checked the announcement that I think all of us are thinking of - the full season of t8 CB in 8.6 is the one that won’t have carriers. None of the (only a few) announcements about clan brawl mentioned ship lineup restrictions.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,246 posts
10,521 battles

I thought it said only 1 BB and only 1 CV per team in clan brawl . Anyway thanks WG sounds great tier 8 should be fun . Don't listen to the complainers there never happy looking forward to Saturday .

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,170 battles
4 hours ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

@Radar_X

So CVs WILL be in this mode? The previous news post about clan sprint said no CVs.

I just don't see how WG can think CVs are anywhere NEAR ready for competitive play. They are still wayyyyyy off now with major changes in every patch. 

Hey saintsfan,

Which previous announcement said no CVs in Clan Brawl? We made an announcement that the next season of Clan Wars will have no CVs and that is in the Developer's Blog.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,029 posts
17,562 battles
2 hours ago, Kami said:

Hey saintsfan,

Which previous announcement said no CVs in Clan Brawl? We made an announcement that the next season of Clan Wars will have no CVs and that is in the Developer's Blog.

You guys have some unfortunate naming, Clan Battles and Clan Brawl are poorly differentiated as events. They even share the same abbreviation (CB).

• Cool 2

[BANCV]
[BANCV]
Members
16 posts
8,236 battles
  • Any number of teams from a single Clan can fight in a Brawl if the composition of the teams meets the listed conditions.

so in this statement, does that mean that CV comps will fight other CV comps? Or will every clan fight each other regardless of if there is a CV on their team?

(I agree with Edgecase as well, maybe you guys should finally change it to Clan Wars since all the competitive teams I know use those two terms interchangeably anyways)

Edited by BANCV

[CUTER]
Privateers, Supertester
870 posts

Saw it, was interested.

Saw CV's involved. Am no longer interested. :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by Kaga_Kai_Ni
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FTH]
Members
1,001 posts
15,219 battles

Well, this'll be fun anyways...I'll second the wish it was any other weekend, but you take what you can get.

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,170 battles

Hey Captains,

Just giving you a heads up that Clan Brawl will not have CVs. 

Thanks!

• Cool 1

[NWS]
Members
215 posts
5,970 battles

And as a new clan if we have never played clan battles before, how will it choose who we go against? Plus the times are outside our time on all 4 servers.  We need at least 2200 hours there and its not. 

Edited by CrusaderQueen