You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
A_Burning_Sensation

Question about directives

12 comments in this topic

Members
231 posts
79 battles

First, why they are not listed as Directives in the combat missions puzzles me.  You'd think they'd communicate more consistently.  Label them what they are WG so there's less confusion.

Besides that, the real question is this.  I'm on 5/5 of Part 2 (earn 6 mil credits savage battles only).  I'm about half way done.  I believe the new set of directives are coming out tomorrow (correct me if I'm wrong).  The third set a week after that maybe?  And is there a fourth set?  I dunno.  Either way, my question is this:

Do you have to complete the first week of directives before you start counting credit toward the second set or do they overlap?  Because if they overlap, it would seem to me that it would be more efficient to just wait for all directives to be active before you start grinding.  Of course, you still do your dailies and whatnot if you're trying for the Benham, but I'm strictly talking about the directives and the most efficient way to get them done.

Anyone know?  I'm planning on leaving myself at around 5.5mill completed and wait for the second batch of directives to come out to test this unless I get an answer before then.

Thanks.

[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
9,100 posts
7,995 battles

You are looking at the wrong directives. The Credit grind is an independent way to earn 300 tokens.

The directives you'll find on the left side of the port ui, above the combat missions and containers and what not. 

[TURTS]
[TURTS]
Members
178 posts
18,038 battles
3 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

You are looking at the wrong directives. The Credit grind is an independent way to earn 300 tokens.

The directives you'll find on the left side of the port ui, above the combat missions and containers and what not. 

He is more referring to the ability of running the credit missions in parallel to the directives. 

The directives release every few days and I wouldn’t have expected people to almost be done with the second credit mission. You can wait on the directives to be release but UNTIL you finish 5 mission or the required amount to move on to the next directive stage, you will not run missions in parallel in that regards.

you can wait but some missions like securing 20 wins or 20k xp will take time and are best done over a few days rather than cramming... but you do get ample time to do them after they are all released do in true you are right in being able to wait.

But the daily rewards missions still net fuel tokens and or credits so it’s best to do them at least instead of focusing on directives.

Members
231 posts
79 battles
7 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Well that clears up at least part of my question, thank you.

But the question still remains, do they stack as far as credit?  Meaning in "The Price for Independence (Directive set 2)", you have to win 4 battles.  In the first set of directives, I'm still short secondary hits.  Understandable since I'm a long range sniper and never play or even own ships like German BBs.  But let's say I get a little more up close and personal in my Yamato and start farming those secondary hits.  Tomorrow when the second set is active and I win a match and do some secondary damage, do I get credit under both first set of directives and the second, or does the win not count until all my directives from the first set are completed?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

Directives are part of an event and separate from missions. If you are going for the Benham pay attention to them but remember that this one requires a big dedication to grinding. If you are not going for the Benham ignore them.

[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
9,100 posts
7,995 battles
5 minutes ago, A_Burning_Sensation said:

Well that clears up at least part of my question, thank you.

But the question still remains, do they stack as far as credit?  Meaning in "The Price for Independence (Directive set 2)", you have to win 4 battles.  In the first set of directives, I'm still short secondary hits.  Understandable since I'm a long range sniper and never play or even own ships like German BBs.  But let's say I get a little more up close and personal in my Yamato and start farming those secondary hits.  Tomorrow when the second set is active and I win a match and do some secondary damage, do I get credit under both first set of directives and the second, or does the win not count until all my directives from the first set are completed?

To be honest, I am not quite sure (didn't really read into the event, am just grinding it myself) so all I can say is that I would assume that if you have unlocked the second stage and it doesn't say anything there about having to complete the first set 100%, then it should count for both stages.

Members
231 posts
79 battles
14 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Directives are part of an event and separate from missions. If you are going for the Benham pay attention to them but remember that this one requires a big dedication to grinding. If you are not going for the Benham ignore them.

They were all completed except for the secondaries one which makes sense due to my play style so I don't really consider it to be a big dedication to grinding.  I didn't even know those missions existed by clicking on that banner until Sirene pointed me in the right direction.  I looked through the 4 sets of directives, only thing that looks grindy are the 20k base xp and 20k free xp for carriers since I don't like playing the Hak.  Just have to use flags for the free xp. 20k base xp isn't too bad.

Members
505 posts
6,641 battles

So you have to do 5 of the 10 tasks in the 1st directive before the 2nd directive opens for you.

Then you start with the 2nd directive and get to keep progressing on the 5 tasks (this is how it previously worked) from the 1st directive while you are working on the 2nd directive.

If you have not yet completed 5 of the 10 tasks of the 2nd directive when the 3rd directive is available, it remains unavailable for you until you have done 5 of the 10 of the 2nd directive.

Then you can start on the 3rd directive while stacking the tasks from the previous directives that you have not yet finished.

The combat missions are something totally different.

Edited by Squib_Surefire

[PVE]
Members
9,038 posts
25,433 battles
2 hours ago, A_Burning_Sensation said:

They were all completed except for the secondaries one

If that means all of the savage battle ones are complete also then you are good...if that is just the last of the regular directives not including the savage battle ones then you need to either finish it or finish 1 of the savage battle missions instead to have a total of 5.

You only needed 5 of the 10 finished to unlock the 2nd set of directives that (yes) do come out tomorrow...so if the 2ndary one is all you have left you have already finished 9 of the 10 missions & the new ones will be available to start on tomorrow.

You don't actually need to complete any of the other ones at all after you get 5 done but any of the ones that are incomplete can be run (to get the rewards for them) at the same time as you work on the next set of directives.

Because there is CV options available for the next 3 sets there is 11 (of which you still just need to finish 5) for the last 3 weeks instead of just 10...5 savage battle ones each week & 5 w/out CVs needed (so people that don't want to run either CVs or savage battle can still finish them) & 1 extra one for the CVs as an option. The reason there was only 10 this 1st week was because there was no CV only directive to choose from.

[O_O]
Members
7,163 posts
18,041 battles

You have to complete 5 tasks from the first Directive in order to unlock the second Directive, when it becomes available.  Once you have unlocked the second directive and it is available to start, you can complete tasks from the second Directive and any additional tasks from the first Directive.  Those remaining tasks from the first Directive are unnecessary, but do still have rewards for completion.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,666 posts
19,741 battles
5 hours ago, A_Burning_Sensation said:

Do you have to complete the first week of directives before you start counting credit toward the second set or do they overlap?

You have to complete a minimum number of the missions in any directive (five for the first three directives, six for the last) before you can access the next one. If you are slow in doing this, you are unable to access the next directive even though it is already available to anyone who completed the previous one.

Of course if you complete the minimum number of missions BEFORE the next directive becomes available, then you can either:

1) Chill, and work on something else. 

2) Attack the remaining directives for the minor prizes locked behind them.

The current event is different in that roughly half the missions in each directive are mutually exclusive - you must complete them in their given modes. This is not always the case.

Once you have completed Directive One and Directive 2 unlocks, anything you do while completing Directive 2 that also satisfies a Directive 1 mission will go on doing the Directive 1 missions as well. For example, I completed the entirety of Directive 1 in routine gameplay and now have access to Directive 2, but if I take on some Rogue Wave tasks in Directive 2, I will also simultaneously be working on the Rogue Wave tasks in Directive 1. They are irrelevant to progression in the game, but they do have minor rewards behind them that add up in the long run.

Members
231 posts
79 battles

Thanks everyone for the clarification.  I didn't realize I had a Bismarck in my port (shows how little interest I have in the line lol), so I fired up a couple games and got the 200+ remaining secondary hits so all 10 directives are completed.  Great to know you only need to do 5 of each set of directives to satisfy it.  That makes this entire effort to get the Benham no grind at all.  Just a few battles a day to complete the daily is simple enough.