Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kassimila

Changes that immediately have to happen.

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
117 posts
4,610 battles
  • A 3-5 second delay where you can actually click the 'cancel' button while in queue, before it jams you into a match. 
  • Repair kits should have some form of 'activation' time, maybe 5-8 seconds, before they actually fix the problem. Right now fires/floods don't really feel rewarding.
  • Spotter plane needs an upgrade. Perhaps less dispersion on shells, increase spotting range on torps, something. In this current meta it feels like "Take broken fighters" is the only choice available.
  • CV's "CAP" mechanic needs a rethink. Perhaps allowing the other CV to target enemy fighters with his fighters or something. Currently you have 2 CV's in a match, basically completely unable to damage each other, just flying around tormenting the rest of the map. Going after the other CV needs to be an option.
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,039
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,837 posts
4,868 battles

you're asking the impossible with "immediately"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
592
[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
678 posts
1,609 battles

Like the first idea but that's about it for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,131
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,869 posts
13,616 battles
8 minutes ago, Kassimila said:
  • A 3-5 second delay where you can actually click the 'cancel' button while in queue, before it jams you into a match. 
  • Repair kits should have some form of 'activation' time, maybe 5-8 seconds, before they actually fix the problem. Right now fires/floods don't really feel rewarding.
  • Spotter plane needs an upgrade. Perhaps less dispersion on shells, increase spotting range on torps, something. In this current meta it feels like "Take broken fighters" is the only choice available.
  • CV's "CAP" mechanic needs a rethink. Perhaps allowing the other CV to target enemy fighters with his fighters or something. Currently you have 2 CV's in a match, basically completely unable to damage each other, just flying around tormenting the rest of the map. Going after the other CV needs to be an option.

A delay after hitting battle would be nice, I don't know how many times I have hit battle realized I didn't have flags or camouflage as soon as I hit the button but was stuck going into battle. I think three seconds is more than enough time to make your decision to bail.

I would rather see how fire and flooding works changed from the set amount of damage done every few seconds. Instead every few seconds there would be a check to see if the fire/flood ends( fairly low chance), continues, or adds additional time to the fire/flooding (also a fairly low chance) with the consumable working the same or for a highly increased chance of the fire/flood ending. Yeah that fire/flood might end quickly but it also might go on and on and on. If the chances of ending or adding to them are factored right the end result right the end result will be very similar to now but the player will feel like his crew is actually doing damage control.

The spotter needs to go back to how it worked in late alpha/closed beta where it increases the distance that the operating ship can see targets to shoot.

That CV's are mostly immune to air attack is a conscious decision by the devs to avoid the impact of a CV leaving early. More realistic would be a couple of bot DD's along with a cruiser for AA coverage but the end result would be the same. I don't know how you can make CV vs CV action viable without going back to the RTS days of knocking the other CV out and having a free hand. Maybe this is the better option after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,838
[WORX]
Members
9,064 posts
17,223 battles
  1. Niet
  2. Fire/flood DMG were adjusted to appease Sky cancer, blame that nerf on them 
  3. Torps are already spotted from at least 1km-2km avg. W/O spotter plane. With a %9 percent torp hit rate plus other ship improvements in mobility. Niet also
  4. THat is the rework... Its not going to change
Edited by Navalpride33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
117 posts
4,610 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That CV's are mostly immune to air attack is a conscious decision by the devs to avoid the impact of a CV leaving early. More realistic would be a couple of bot DD's along with a cruiser for AA coverage but the end result would be the same. I don't know how you can make CV vs CV action viable without going back to the RTS days of knocking the other CV out and having a free hand. Maybe this is the better option after all.

How does that impact a CV leaving early, do you mean being destroyed early? They took away all the 'burst' from CVs...so that's not even possible anymore..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,131
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,869 posts
13,616 battles
Just now, Kassimila said:

How does that impact a CV leaving early, do you mean being destroyed early? They took away all the 'burst' from CVs...so that's not even possible anymore..

Yes, destroyed early. While I don't think the impact would not be as high as it was in the RTS days it seems to be more than the devs want to accept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,754
[SIM]
Members
4,577 posts
7,576 battles

CVs can deploy their fighters to counter other CV fighters. CVs can also carrier snipe, it just takes a lot of time and a lot of planes, as it should. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
940
[-BUI-]
Members
1,526 posts
4,746 battles
1 hour ago, Kassimila said:
  • Spotter plane needs an upgrade. Perhaps less dispersion on shells, increase spotting range on torps, something. In this current meta it feels like "Take broken fighters" is the only choice available.

I just wish there was an option to not have the view change.   I never use spotter plane on anything that has it, because I can't stand the change in perspective.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,500
[KRAK]
Members
3,511 posts
20,081 battles
1 hour ago, Kassimila said:

Repair kits should have some form of 'activation' time, maybe 5-8 seconds, before they actually fix the problem. Right now fires/floods don't really feel rewarding.

Light them on fire again after they use RP. Problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
502 posts
6,641 battles

A fix on the Battle Queue.  No need to lie about what ships are actually in the queue.  No CV, waits 5 seconds, still no CV, battle launches, SURPRISE MF, 3 CV's per side

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
191 posts
23 minutes ago, Squib_Surefire said:

A fix on the Battle Queue.  No need to lie about what ships are actually in the queue.  No CV, waits 5 seconds, still no CV, battle launches, SURPRISE MF, 3 CV's per side

I dislike this as well, but I don't think it's so much an intentional deception as a combination of time-sensitive technical limitations. The MM core seems to be built on generating matches as quickly as possible, with the queue information display being secondary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
502 posts
6,641 battles
3 minutes ago, Hookie_Bell said:

I dislike this as well, but I don't think it's so much an intentional deception as a combination of time-sensitive technical limitations. The MM core seems to be built on generating matches as quickly as possible, with the queue information display being secondary. 

you can not tell me that 6 CV's happened to sync drop in the same 2 seconds.... with only 3500 people on the server

Edited by Squib_Surefire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
191 posts
5 minutes ago, Squib_Surefire said:

you can not tell me that 6 CV's happened to sync drop in the same 2 seconds.... with only 3500 people on the server

Actually, low populations tend to increase the likelihood of queue dumps composed of hard- and soft-capped units. Queue dumps are automated and instantaneous, and not displayed on the screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,240
[INTEL]
Members
12,138 posts
33,689 battles
3 hours ago, Kassimila said:
  • A 3-5 second delay where you can actually click the 'cancel' button while in queue, before it jams you into a match. 
  • Repair kits should have some form of 'activation' time, maybe 5-8 seconds, before they actually fix the problem. Right now fires/floods don't really feel rewarding.
  • Spotter plane needs an upgrade. Perhaps less dispersion on shells, increase spotting range on torps, something. In this current meta it feels like "Take broken fighters" is the only choice available.
  • CV's "CAP" mechanic needs a rethink. Perhaps allowing the other CV to target enemy fighters with his fighters or something. Currently you have 2 CV's in a match, basically completely unable to damage each other, just flying around tormenting the rest of the map. Going after the other CV needs to be an option.

Seems like you're talking sense, 'simila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
117 posts
4,610 battles
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

CVs can deploy their fighters to counter other CV fighters. CVs can also carrier snipe, it just takes a lot of time and a lot of planes, as it should. 

Yeah you see, that' doesn't actually work. Since the CAP fighters are directly in AA cover of the CV, your fighters all instantly die to AA before they deploy. So no, that doesn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,121
[PVE]
Members
4,681 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, Kassimila said:

increase spotting range on torps

Increase indicates it actually exists in the 1st place...planes all lost the ability to spot torps when 8.0 dropped.

Technically adding to zero is an increase but is mare commonly worded as "add the ability" as opposed to 'increase".

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
117 posts
4,610 battles
7 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Increase indicates it actually exists in the 1st place...planes all lost the ability to spot torps when 8.0 dropped.

Technically adding to zero is an increase but is mare commonly worded as "add the ability" as opposed to 'increase".

How after 21k battles you don't know this is beyond me, but spotting plane adds abilities to you. Currently it gives an increase in gun range, it could also increase your ability to spot torpedoes....much like the vigilance commander skill does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,121
[PVE]
Members
4,681 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, Kassimila said:

it could also increase your ability to spot torpedoes

Not since 8.0 dropped...all planes...including catapult planes...lost the ability to spot torpedoes since the CV rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×