You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nikolay_Kuznetsov_

Do you feel WG doesn't Care about us?

63 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
13,270 posts
23,177 battles

Yes?

Couldn't get more obvious than when all the warnings from those who played the beta PT, and accurately predicted the hell that came about after 0.8.0 were ignored, and it was shoved down our throats anyway.

• Cool 6

Members
3,259 posts
11,688 battles

I think the some of the PR reps care. 

I think the bean counters (accounting) is just busy counting beans.

I think the marketing teams are trying to get us to buy things we probably dont need.

I think the devs are busy doing whatever they are assigned to by higher ups.

I think the higher ups are also busy counting beans.

I think the janitor is too busy cleaning the office.

I think the front desk secretary has no idea who we are. 

I think the IT dept is too busy managing cables.

TLDR, it depends. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 4

[5D2]
Supertester
2,299 posts
22,248 battles

Honestly, yes. They dont want their game to fail and lose out on revenue. Do they realize we only see a portion of things and it's with our own bias, absolutely. 

They're the only ones who know what the actual numbers look like and surveyed players say. They also know how much money they are or arent taking in, so in the end I trust their judgements it's just not always what I think would be best, though it may actually be according to all the data.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,835 posts
13,603 battles

I don't think that they don't care but they are a business and have to make money so that is what drives their decisions.

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,837 posts
4,868 battles

Sorry I can't hear you over how much money I'm making. I should build a swimming pool full of gold coins

• Funny 1

[OIL-1]
Members
444 posts
26 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

I think the some of the PR reps care. 

I think the bean counters (accounting) is just busy counting beans.

I think the marketing teams are trying to get us to buy things we probably dont need.

I think the devs are busy doing whatever they are assigned to by higher ups.

I think the higher ups are also busy counting beans.

I think the janitor is too busy cleaning the office.

I think the front desk secretary has no idea who we are. 

I think the IT dept is too busy managing cables.

I think they're all smoking crack, but whadoo I know?

• Funny 1

Members
263 posts
2,082 battles

Er... why would they?

I'm not entirely sure my friends or my girlfriend care about me, why should a bunch of Russian game developers I've never met?

Edited by Incomitatus
  • Cool 3
  • Angry 1

Members
358 posts
3,738 battles

Honestly no.

I know there are passionate people on the team who want the game to be fun and for players to enjoy themselves, I just don't think they're in charge at WG.

It's a for profit business and an F2P as well so obviously money talks. That's always going to be #1. 

But mostly my trust has dwindled since 8.0:

• All the premium ships in my port prior to the rework changed significantly with 8.0 whether it be a downgrade of their AA strength or the much reduced value of concealment. I don't trust WG's testing/planning departments to be able to put out products that are what they say on the tin so to speak. Especially after the next point... 
  • The sale of premium CVs when the real tweaking had barely begun was egregious. Those buyers got ripped off plain and simple. 
  • Leaving CVs in for a full ranked season knowing that they weren't balanced, or at least knowing that a total AA overhaul was still coming. If the system is so bad it needs a complete overhaul then that should be your first indication that they aren't ready for ranked. Nothing says "we don't care at all about your experience" like "we need data so CV is in for ranked."
  • While I understand that testing and tweaking will happen, some of the ship designs (HELLO SLAVA and to a lesser extent Colbert and Smolensk) make me wonder how they even got off the drawing board in the first place.
  • I'm not thrilled about the prices going up, the rewards coming down (Christmas crates, crates in general) and the more F2Pish practices in play like the bazillion currencies, steel missions, increased reliance on lootbox RNG, or the "Benham may not be available any other way so grind till your eyes bleed or gib $200 now" situation. 

I'd like to continue playing the game and get to trust WG again but the next few months are really going to tell the tale.  

Edited by exray0
  • Cool 9

[TDRB]
Members
4,249 posts
12,249 battles
20 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't think that they don't care but they are a business and have to make money so that is what drives their decisions.

While it is a business I do wonder about their road map. Events are more grinding instead of fun break from grinding IMO. The daily mission Rogue Wave requires you to complete 48 dailies by July 7th. With only 2 dailies mission per day & 26 days to complete it in, it is definitely a daily grind. I do not believe this is good for business.

• Cool 2

[DPG]
Members
1,766 posts
7,949 battles

There is always a disconnect between developer and publisher.  The developer wants to create a great game, the publisher wants to create a profitable one.  Sometimes those things intersect and both parties are happy.  Sometimes they don't.  I think the men and women of Lesta Studio care about their players.  I think the board at Wargaming.net care about the money they're making.

• Cool 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,835 posts
13,603 battles
1 minute ago, kgh52 said:

While it is a business I do wonder about their road map. Events are more grinding instead of fun break from grinding IMO. The daily mission Rogue Wave requires you to complete 48 dailies by July 7th. With only 2 dailies mission per day & 26 days to complete it in, it is definitely a daily grind. I do not believe this is good for business.

The event grinding seems to be on a pendulum that is increasing in its swing. The fact that there is really no alternative things to go for in this event just makes it easier to ignore it. Hopefully they will find the happy medium that I feel the Prinz Eitel Friedrich mission found where a little bit of dedication was required but not the insane grinding that this mission requires.

[RLGN]
Members
13,270 posts
23,177 battles
48 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

Sorry I can't hear you over how much money I'm making. I should build a swimming pool full of gold coins

(Wanted to insert Scrooge McDuck swimming in his money pool, but couldn’t find a good version of it.)

[SIM]
Members
4,569 posts
7,576 battles

Yes, Wargaming cares about you. What they don’t do is trust or respect you, and after spending even a cursory amount of time on this forum, I really can’t blame them. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 2

[KRAK]
Members
3,511 posts
20,078 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

The two missions a day are easy? You won't be playing anyway for those 26 days?

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
11,574 posts
9,401 battles

To paraphase Band of Brothers:

No, I don't think Wargaming has forgotten about us.  They've just forgotten about you.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

Members
852 posts
6 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

To paraphase Band of Brothers:

No, I don't think Wargaming has forgotten about us.  They've just forgotten about you.

so to interpret what you are paraphrasing ..... CC's  WG cares about you and don't give a damn about the player base.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WG-CC]
11,574 posts
9,401 battles
5 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

so to interpret what you are paraphrasing ..... CC's  WG cares about you and don't give a damn about the player base.

No, you're not being specific enough.  Wargaming cares about every player in the game.  Just not you.  Specifically you, whoever is reading this right now.  Everyone else, yes.  You?  No.  Very no, even.

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,227 posts
18,423 battles
7 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Well, of course WoW cares about @LittleWhiteMouse, just look at how well they treat her!

They allow her to do all the work she wants, for free; how could you get a better deal than that?

And you thought they didn't care!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
852 posts
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

No, you're not being specific enough.  Wargaming cares about every player in the game.  Just not you.  Specifically you, whoever is reading this right now.  Everyone else, yes.  You?  No.  Very no, even.

And how may I ask you can justify this comment?

Are you part of a committee that decides this action?

Members
502 posts
6,641 battles

lol ^^ what these 2 guys said....

But to answer your question, I do think that they do not care what we think but in the same breath they want us to keep playing their game.

For myself, I will continue to play the game for as long as I am able to manage how much of the WG imposed toxic waste I have to face.  For now I am playing Savage Battles with a minor smattering of low level randoms in between.  When ranked sprint comes, I will play that and perhaps some randoms.  What would be nice is if WG's queue would not lie about the ships in the queue, the number of times I have seen ZERO CV's in the queue and then wam, there you go have 3 a side  is a big FU from WG..

Edited by Squib_Surefire
  • Cool 1

[WG-CC]
11,574 posts
9,401 battles
3 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

I justify it by not being made of wood.

• Funny 1

Members
852 posts
Just now, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I justify it by not being made of wood.

So now you claim me to be Wood.

I will assume you think Wood is now worthless.

I will also assume the forum rules do not apply to you for personal attacks.

• Boring 3

Members
2,636 posts
93 battles
6 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

And what gives you the right to know? 

Do you think the playerbase has the right to know all of the internal workings in Wargaming? 

[WG-CC]
11,574 posts
9,401 battles
Just now, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

So now you claim me to be Wood.

I will assume you think Wood is now worthless.

I will also assume the forum rules do not apply to you for personal attacks.

No, you're claiming I'm claiming you're made of wood.  I'm reporting that I'm not made of wood.  What I'm made of does not in any way, shape or form reflect what you're made of.  But please, keep trying to find ways to be offended.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Confused 1