Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Is it just me or does everybody now have ship names on the mini map that won't go away no matter what?

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,122
[PVE]
Members
4,681 posts
22,432 battles

On the PT ship names showed up on the mini map even when the "ship names" option was toggled off & I thought, "just the PT...no problem as long as it doesn't happen on the regular server" & lo & behold when the update dropped so did the ship names that won't go away.

When ships get bunched up together the ship names cover up the icons of other ships & take away a lot more useful information than they provide. If this is a bug please resolve ASAP.

If it is a new "option" that is not actually optional at least remove the togglable "ship names" option so I can stop wasting my time trying to turn them off.

If this thread results in the removal of the ship names thank you very much beforehand...if they are here to stay...major flunk to whoever's idea it was to make them permanent & unremovable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
148
[PENND]
Members
353 posts
6,538 battles

In a match, hold the CTRL key and click the 2 little gears above the minimap. Keep holding the CTRL key and uncheck show ship names.

Edited by SYST3M_OVERIDE
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,122
[PVE]
Members
4,681 posts
22,432 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Khaos, I noted it in the recent bug report by @Gneisenau013

Let him know as well

Actually you just did when you tagged him...& TYVM...+1.

 

2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

even when the "ship names" option was toggled off

2 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

In a match, hold the CTRL key and click the 2 little gears above the minimap. Keep holding the CTRL key and uncheck show ship names.

As I stated in the OP they are unchecked...which is why I started the thread.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
263 posts
2,082 battles

It's critical information... why would you ever turn it off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
148
[PENND]
Members
353 posts
6,538 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Actually you just did when you tagged him...& TYVM...+1.

 

As I stated in the OP they are unchecked...which is why I started the thread.

 

 

Try this. Check the box and do a match. Then restart the game and uncheck the box. See if that fixes it. If not just do a game file repair check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,122
[PVE]
Members
4,681 posts
22,432 battles
4 hours ago, Incomitatus said:

It's critical information... why would you ever turn it off?

6 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

When ships get bunched up together the ship names cover up the icons of other ships & take away a lot more useful information than they provide.

Directions of ships is more vital to know than names of ships...at least for me.

 

2 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Try this. Check the box and do a match. Then restart the game and uncheck the box. See if that fixes it. If not just do a game file repair check

All done multiple times on PT & regular server before I ever started the thread...but thanx for suggestions anyway.

 

Been out of town so haven't played or checked forums since update dropped so wasn't aware of:

6 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Khaos, I noted it in the recent bug report by @Gneisenau013

Let him know as well

Sounds like a known issue so hopefully it is getting worked on.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
919
[DPG]
Members
1,766 posts
7,949 battles

I thought everyone had this turned on.  It's how I know where the radar ships were last spotted, the enemy dds, or those 18" gun behemoths that don't care about the thickness of my outfit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,644
[_-_]
Members
3,146 posts
8,215 battles
9 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

On the PT ship names showed up on the mini map even when the "ship names" option was toggled off & I thought, "just the PT...no problem as long as it doesn't happen on the regular server" & lo & behold when the update dropped so did the ship names that won't go away.

When ships get bunched up together the ship names cover up the icons of other ships & take away a lot more useful information than they provide. If this is a bug please resolve ASAP.

If it is a new "option" that is not actually optional at least remove the togglable "ship names" option so I can stop wasting my time trying to turn them off.

If this thread results in the removal of the ship names thank you very much beforehand...if they are here to stay...major flunk to whoever's idea it was to make them permanent & unremovable.

There's a fix today in the 8.5.1 patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[USN-R]
Members
20 posts

 

you have to turn them off in the settings,  the little gear on the right when you hold the cont. key that sets up your fireing ranges around your ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×