Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SYST3M_OVERIDE

Subs are coming

77 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

148
[PENND]
Members
353 posts
6,541 battles

Played a match earlier and someone said they saw a section for sub controls in the settings menu. I took a look and sure enough they were there. Looks like WG is going to be throwing another deformed wrench into this mess we call World Of Warships.

unknown.png

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 6
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
148
[PENND]
Members
353 posts
6,541 battles

It hasn't been removed though either. They've had more than enough time to remove them if they weren't going to add them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,211
[PVE]
Members
11,016 posts
20,966 battles
Just now, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

It hasn't been removed though either. They've had more than enough time to remove them if they weren't going to add them

Doesn't show in mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,645
[_-_]
Members
3,146 posts
8,215 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Doesn't show in mine.

You must have selected "Silent Running" in preferences. :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,707
[WOLF5]
Members
3,414 posts
3,587 battles

Been there since Halloween. Might as well keep them, even if only for another event.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,327
[WOLF7]
Members
12,430 posts
10 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

It hasn't been removed though either. They've had more than enough time to remove them if they weren't going to add them

Why should they, look how long it took for you to notice....:Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,482
[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

Subs are not coming into the standard ranked/clan/random battles game-type. It will be a separate game-type, like the current Savage battles or that silly submarine game-type done in the past. I can't remember where I saw a post about this, but WG made a statement about it.

There is no way to balance subs in the current meta. You think people are whining about DD's and CV's now? Wait until subs show up... that will be some epic tears :)

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,219 posts
9,661 battles
44 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

There is no way to balance subs in the current meta.

Of course there is, and it is the only viable option really. Bot subs in a few select battles with DDs armed up with sonar and depth charges to deal with them. This has to happen as it was a major component of modern naval war at sea and I urge WG to make it happen. Just forget about player commanded subs pls.

  • Cool 4
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,482
[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
2 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Of course there is, and it is the only viable option really. Bot subs in a few select battles with DDs armed up with sonar and depth charges to deal with them. This has to happen as it was a major component of modern naval war at sea and I urge WG to make it happen. Just forget about player commanded subs pls.

So you want to die repeatedly to something you cannot see?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,219 posts
9,661 battles
1 minute ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

So you want to die repeatedly to something you cannot see?

Ummm, no? No more than getting flamed up from a smoke-hidden Minotaur or DD actually. Give DDs their primary WW II function which was protecting convoys, tracking down subs and sinking them--an added dimension to the game I am sure they are considering... along with my long-standing crusade to have pre-dreadnoughts seriously brought into the game on tier II.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
396
[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,178 posts
25,298 battles
2 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

So you want to die repeatedly to something you cannot see?

Isnt that what happened in Naval Warfare when subs went on attack runs?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,482
[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
7 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Ummm, no? No more than getting flamed up from a smoke-hidden Minotaur or DD actually. Give DDs their primary WW II function which was protecting convoys, tracking down subs and sinking them--an added dimension to the game I am sure they are considering... along with my long-standing crusade to have pre-dreadnoughts seriously brought into the game on tier II.

It's not happening man.

That's why Wargaming put subs in a separate temporary mini-game in the first place, and they have'nt been back since... submarines were simply a novelty and an experiment at best. WoWs is not a naval warfare simulator. Its a competitive arena shooter no different than Call of Duty, Halo, or Unreal Tournament in premise. You can't balance something that is invisible by design...

Pre-dreadnoughts? Ok! Nice idea. Subs? When pigs fly. You will never see a T10 sub in clan battles. Mark my words.

If you want sub simulations, the Steam summer sale is on. Silent Hunter, Wolfpack, and Uboat are probably all on sale. But theyre not pvp games...

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,219 posts
9,661 battles

Well I don't give a rat's a** about clan battles really; but reducing the amount of historical research put into WoWs so as to reduce it to a *shooter game*, is rather insensate. It's not a naval sim per se, but they pack in as much historicity as they can, the main reason I really enjoy this pass time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,811
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,223 posts
10,721 battles

well, its only a matter of time before they'd have no other choice for new ships, and im sure they wont be as bad in balance as CVs have proven to be, but, subs are probably years off, so i wouldnt worry

Edited by tcbaker777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,256
[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles

I see there is a fair bit of resistance to subs from players, but the reality is you will see a video one day of Dasha promoting subs in randoms, and that will be that, people would be better off expecting them to come than not, then it won't be such a huge surprise.

weegee will do its so called best for balance, but then they might just let the player base work it out for them like what we have with the cv rework.

I for one will be looking forward to the day subs are introduced

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
264
[OIL-1]
Members
463 posts
34 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

So you want to die repeatedly to something you cannot see?

I do that now. I'm always dying to invisible DDs. What's the difference? 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,811
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,223 posts
10,721 battles
5 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I for one will be looking forward to the day subs are introduced

im hoping that if/when subs come, that the Gato class and the Type XXI are part of the lines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,811
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,223 posts
10,721 battles
1 minute ago, z9_ said:

I do that now. I'm always dying to invisible DDs. What's the difference? 

cbzgAJS.jpg

hes got a point you know

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,482
[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
1 minute ago, z9_ said:

I do that now. I'm always dying to invisible DDs. What's the difference? 

1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

cbzgAJS.jpg

hes got a point you know

Lol... no he doesn't...

Destroyers are spotted every 60 seconds. You know damned well what direction they're in and how to avoid torps. If not, the problem isn't the DD's it's the potato. Many BB mains successfully evade DD's every match, no problem.

Wanna truly die over and over by an enemy that is never spotted? Not even spotted every 60 seconds or so?  Keep endorsing subs...

Be careful what you wish for guys! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,256
[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles

People complain about invisible DD's, you see the enemy line up when you start, you should know what their detection ranges are, you should also recognise if your suddenly located by RDF, you should also look at your mini map from time to time, just because you cannot see it, does not mean you cannot work out where it is.  

I guess using some skill is to hard for people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,256
[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles
1 minute ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Keep endorsing subs...

I will, thanks, they will be awesome, looking forward to having them.

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
615
[PISD]
Members
970 posts
4,726 battles
18 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

well, its only a matter of time before they'd have no other choice for new ships, and im sure they wont be as bad in balance as CVs have proven to be, but, subs are probably years off, so i wouldnt worry

Funny enough, they still have tons of ships to put in the game. And I am not talking about paper ship or cold war era ship.

Hell, the Italian should have 3 proper line!

2 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Destroyers are spotted every 60 seconds. You know damned well what direction they're in and how to avoid torps. If not, the problem isn't the DD's it's the potato. Many BB mains successfully evade DD's every match, no problem.

Wanna truly die over and over by an enemy that is never spotted? Not even spotted every 60 seconds or so?  Keep endorsing subs...

Which is not really true. Without the proper tool, try to catch a Shimakaze for instance. You will just spot his wall of skill every 1:30 minutes. Subs would be quite easier: shorter torpedo range with no spread and limited duration under water. And if it misses, look out for the BB that parc itself over you, waiting to see you come out of water.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×