You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Player names/Tags

15 comments in this topic

Members
1,163 posts
8,654 battles

Ever notice the players who have the awesome tags like Terminator, Hangaman and shell_shock seem to go down first sinking fast like lead fishing weights in randoms?

Why is that?

[WOLF5]
Members
3,404 posts
3,540 battles

Nope, haven't noticed that trend. One of my clanmates has the most epic name, God_Stole_My_Bike. He's a 60% player, good DD driver, and he's always the last one left.

Beta Testers
571 posts
8,399 battles

In almost every online game I've played 'Awesome DeathDoom McCool Name' goes down like a [REDACTED].  Nerf Puppy, Flower_poi, Kiss the Cook and such are the names you have to watch out for.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
922 posts
11,181 battles

Eh everyone can die first. The issue for me is when they die first and proceed to arm chair admiral every other boat on the team. 

• Cool 2

[KAPPA]
Members
1,324 posts
7,189 battles

Now I'll admit that it's been a long time since I dipped into randoms (static play and caustic chat drove me into co-op and scenarios), but I've seen all kinds of names get removed from the match fairly early in the 3 or 4 years I've been at this. Some names were awesome, others were incredibly stupid, though many times people with 'awesome online gamer' sounding names were gone fairly fast. Gotta remember, a name that sounds awesome or dull to one person could be something else to another. It's not very often I run into people that get the reference that my name here is, but those that do find it a very awesome and fitting name, and I thought the same when I picked it. There was a time when I would often be first one down, but unlike seemingly most, I learned and got better. Now it's pretty rare that I'm the first one down, though I have no problem with getting killed so long as I carried my weight. Realistically, a name in a game like this means nothing unless you make it mean something. I'm just happy I've generally managed to do the name proud.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,554 posts
4,860 battles
28 minutes ago, _greifer said:

Eh everyone can die first. The issue for me is when they die first and proceed to arm chair admiral every other boat on the team. 

Griefing is funny....as is your name :Smile_veryhappy:

[OIL-1]
Members
440 posts

Don't forget clan names. When you see something like 'GOD5', you know they're gonna finish in last place.

Members
183 posts
9 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

Ever notice the players who have the awesome tags like Terminator, Hangaman and shell_shock seem to go down first sinking fast like lead fishing weights in randoms?

Why is that?

Is this your first multi-player game?

12-year-olds with tags like "UltraMegaDethKiller" and such have been around since the dawn of online gaming. It's sort of the foreskin on the adolescent epeen.

• Funny 3

[_-_]
Members
3,146 posts
8,215 battles
2 hours ago, Hookie_Bell said:

It's sort of the foreskin on the adolescent epeen.

Well played! :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
263 posts
2,082 battles
11 hours ago, _greifer said:

Hate those guys.

I often see variations on "CAP NOW, YOU MORONS HAVE TO CAP!!!! ANOTHER IDIOT TEAM!" in chat from dead captains. Occasionally, they're right.

But I most often see it when, no... we're up on points, there's one enemy ship left alive and we're all shooting at him with five minutes left on the clock. No need to cap. Game will be over in a minute, tops, with a victory, so shut up.