Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bosco1111

Did anybody else notice

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

254
[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
994 posts

I was scrolling through the tech-tree and i noticed that the Republique is the only ship with a helipad did anybody else spot this or any other"quirks" ? ( I honestly don't know what else to call it) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
159 posts
800 battles
24 minutes ago, bosco1111 said:

I was scrolling through the tech-tree and i noticed that the Republique is the only ship with a helipad did anybody else spot this or any other"quirks" ? ( I honestly don't know what else to call it) 

That's for the alien shuttles to land on when WG introduces the Tier 10 Premium French Star Carrier L'Vaisseau Etoile.

X-wings, Tie fighters, Zeppelins, and Blimps coming soon to the premium shop!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
158
[CWM]
Members
565 posts
4,961 battles

Not sure why its a quirk.  Helicopter was invented in 1931 and the Republique was designed in 1946.  I like looking at the various anti-sub armaments on DDs .  The IJN have some interesting ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,699
[WOLF5]
Members
3,406 posts
3,567 battles
2 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Alsace, Des Moines, Worcester, Baltimore and Cleveland have one but they've covered.

Pretty sure the USN cruisers you named still carry the aircraft catapults. Still, maybe ASW chopper for the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
148
[PENND]
Members
353 posts
6,538 battles
16 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Pretty sure the USN cruisers you named still carry the aircraft catapults. Still, maybe ASW chopper for the future?

They do but they still have the heli pad covered. Pic is Des Moines

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
254
[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
994 posts
28 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

They do but they still have the heli pad covered. Pic is Des Moines

Capture.PNG

no that the float-plane hanger hatch but it's probably same elevator and hatch set-up minus the crane, but what about the bicycle and park benches on La Galissonniere ????????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
148
[PENND]
Members
353 posts
6,538 battles
11 minutes ago, bosco1111 said:

no that the float-plane hanger hatch but it's probably same elevator and hatch set-up minus the crane, but what about the bicycle and park benches on La Galissonniere ????????????

Almost all French ships have benches. I've been told those are there to make fun of the French for surrendering to the Nazis. If that's true it's a pretty low blow from WG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
219
[PHD]
Members
1,107 posts
5,094 battles

The Germans had a modular towed gyrocopter they used on their submarines. Mostly in the south Atlantic and Indian Oceans. 

The USA used helicopters in the Burma area with the first air commando (?) 1944 I think. 

Edited by GrayPanther2018
Additional information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
407
[KAPPA]
Members
1,324 posts
7,189 battles
1 hour ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

Not sure why its a quirk.  Helicopter was invented in 1931 and the Republique was designed in 1946.  I like looking at the various anti-sub armaments on DDs .  The IJN have some interesting ones.

How bad is it I do much the same when I'm not doing much either in port or during a match?

As to these 'helipads' on the USN cruisers, as bosco said, those are cover hatches for the float plane hangars. Did you think a navy is just going to strap a plane to the catapult and call it good if they can help it? I think the hangars on FDG/GK are pretty darn impressive and Yamato, Musashi, and Izumo practically have a built-in seaplane tender on their ample sterns. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×