You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jarod997

No Haida discount on Canada Day?

82 comments in this topic

[CS7]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
405 posts
5,752 battles

Seriously, I've been waiting all year for the Haida to come on sale on Canada Day weekend - and nothing. No bundle, no discount, nothing. :(

I'm very sad. I'm uninstalling right now!

Lol, no. But seriously, it would have been nice if you had given a little thought to your Canadian neighbours. I mean, I'm very certain next weekend is going to feature a metric tonne of bundles and discounts on American stuff for Independence Day weekend, am I right?

Little help pls Wargaming? :)

Edited by Jarod997
correction
  • Cool 11

[LOU1]
Members
4,273 posts
13,131 battles

It is on special discount if you have a WOWS Steam account : $11.24 for the bundle.  This only applies to a WOWS account you made through Steam.  I have a Haida on my main account and now I will have one to play Ranked Sprint on my Steam account.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/891780/World_of_Warships__Haida_Pack/ 

Edited by ExploratorOne

[CS7]
405 posts
5,752 battles
1 minute ago, ExploratorOne said:

It is on special discount if you have a WOWS Steam account : $11.24 for the bundle.  This only applies to a WOWS account you made through Steam.  I have a Haida on my main account and now I will have one to play Ranked Sprint on my Steam account.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/891780/World_of_Warships__Haida_Pack/ 

But if I understand correctly, the Steam version of Warships is different and separate from the non-Steam (original) version, right? The two versions don't even play against each other IIRC.

Ok Wargaming, I'll give you half a point here - only because one office probably had an employee with a Canadian relative. ;)

[CS7]
405 posts
5,752 battles

Holy cow, $0.59 Smith and Tachibana?! Ya, Tier 2, but sheesh. I wonder why they're discounting ships on Steam so much more than non-Steam.

[LOU1]
Members
4,273 posts
13,131 battles
Just now, Jarod997 said:

But if I understand correctly, the Steam version of Warships is different and separate from the non-Steam (original) version, right? The two versions don't even play against each other IIRC.

Ok Wargaming, I'll give you half a point here - only because one office probably had an employee with a Canadian relative. ;)

It is the exact same game.  I sometimes log into my Steam username through the WGC.  The big difference to me is that logging in through the Steam App takes me to a different installation folder.  Logging in through WGC uses the same client as my main account.  Same game, same servers.

The accounts are totally separate, though and do not share anything, though.

[CS7]
405 posts
5,752 battles
1 minute ago, ExploratorOne said:

It is the exact same game.  I sometimes log into my Steam username through the WGC.  The big difference to me is that logging in through the Steam App takes me to a different installation folder.  Logging in through WGC uses the same client as my main account.  Same game, same servers.

The accounts are totally separate, though and do not share anything, though.

Wait, same account, but all different contents and installations? What the heck...

[LOU1]
Members
4,273 posts
13,131 battles
8 minutes ago, Jarod997 said:

Holy cow, $0.59 Smith and Tachibana?! Ya, Tier 2, but sheesh. I wonder why they're discounting ships on Steam so much more than non-Steam.

Those were the same price in non-Steam a while ago.  Its a special Steam Summer Sale right now.

I also picked up Huanghe for $2.49.

Probably priced to both entice new Steam accounts and get us non-Steam players using our Steam accounts more.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[LOU1]
Members
4,273 posts
13,131 battles
Just now, Jarod997 said:

Wait, same account, but all different contents and installations? What the heck...

Like i said, I usually log into the same client that I use for this main account - I have added that username to the WGC launcher and can choose it when I first log in.  If I want to switch to that player name, I click the gear in the upper left corner of the port and select Disconnect from Server.  I then log in with my Steam credentials.  If you create a Steam WOWS account, it will install a Steam-attached installation.  Just like any other Steam account.

It might be simpler to call it an alt account where you can use your Steam wallet and earn Steam achievements along with the regular WOWS stuff.

[CS7]
405 posts
5,752 battles

Ah-ha, ok, I get it. But all my ships are in the non-Steam and I have no intentions of re-rolling any time soon. :P

Anyway, here's hoping for the Haida to go on sale next weekend. :D

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,377 posts
14,222 battles
38 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I have a Haida on my main account and now I will have one to play Ranked Sprint on my Steam account.

perfect example of WG transition to P2W. :*-(

[CS7]
405 posts
5,752 battles
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

I thought all Canadians were discounted everyday?

Sorry, we're paying 30% more per USD atm, so, um, no - not today, sorry.

;)

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

There is a twitch mission that gets you a 3 day rental Haida though, heh. 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,635 posts
19,737 battles
9 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

I'm just playing, I love Tim Horton's!

Yes! Their Wi-fi is good enough, and it's easy to slip in a few co-op games while you wait for the lines to shorten. Then grab a coffee and doughnuts and keep on going! :Smile_izmena:

There's still hope for tomorrow, I guess.

[SALVO]
Members
9 posts
8,238 battles

Wait, Canada? When did you all get the World Wide Web? I was thinking they still needed electrical service and power generation. Wow! It is so great to hear our neighbor is advancing so quickly! Good for you! If you keep progressing like this maybe one day they will celebrate Canada day! 

(Sorry Jarod but since you hadnt had any trolls yet I figured I help to rile up some Canadians and you all could storm the Wargaming castle...hope this helps! 😉)

P.S. Lets all work hard to Make America Great Again (I put that in there to shake up the snowflake globe...tee hee)...

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,703 battles
35 minutes ago, allbassfearme said:

P.S. Lets all work hard to Make America Great Again (I put that in there to shake up the snowflake globe...tee hee)...

I'd say best bet is to produce a working time machine, travel to 1984, and bring back Reagan!

• Cool 1

[CS7]
405 posts
5,752 battles

lol, thanks Bass. :D

[46856]
Members
2,256 posts
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

I'd say best bet is to produce a working time machine, travel to 1984, and bring back Reagan!

Reagan huh?  He was just a second rate Mulroney.

Remember it took the super Canucks to get the hostages out of Iran.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtYuK0i4ZjxMfON_O9JoR

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Cool 1

Members
194 posts
1,149 battles

Canada? Haida was a British Commonwealth Dominion Ship, not Canadian, get your facts straight!