You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_Big_Woof

Alternative Battles and Ships

7 comments in this topic

[WARGS]
Members
13 posts
20,201 battles

Dear WG,

First off, Thank you for this game. I have been playing for over three years and really enjoy it. I am former military member with a family military tradition and love naval history and this game, the time period and ships represented, allow me to express my interest in this area.

That said, I am not really a fan of these alternative modes and ships (Halloween, Space, this new Rogue Wave). I (and many others, from comments I see on the WoWs NA FB site) play this so I can use early to mid 20th century ships to shoot at other early to mid 20th century ship. I don't want ships to look like they came from Mad Max or Terminator. I think the AL and ARP ships are as far as I want to deviate. Granted, I know that this game is not all about me and what I want, (that would be rather selfish), but it is part of why I play so much (usually 30+ hours a week) why I bought a premium account, ships, crates and other items.

What I would like to see are some more mid-tier ships, WW1 and 2 era Battleships and Battle Cruisers: Nevada, Indefatigable, Renown. I know the demand is there for these ships as I have spoken with others about them. 

Thank you,

• Cool 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,054 posts
4,291 battles

The nice thing about Wargaming is, outside of incentives, these game modes are 100% optional. You can filter out most everything in port, so all you have to do is listen to it online. You can get rid of or hide un-historical camouflages, event ships, and turn ARP and other stuff into normal tech tree ships. In terms of mid tier ships, I think that is the common consensus. I don't have a count, but I would venture to say 75%-80% of new premiums released or in testing are tier 9 or 10. Its not ideal, but that's where most of the money and playerbase (including myself) is at. WG listens, and hopefully new stuff is coming.

[D-PN]
[D-PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,516 battles

@The_Big_Woof How many 1000s of the players are demanding the ships you mentioned? If only a few hundred then that is little demand. If over 50% of the global players then that is significant demand. 

How many of the global player base have you polled for this?

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,850 posts
13,603 battles
36 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@The_Big_Woof How many 1000s of the players are demanding the ships you mentioned? If only a few hundred then that is little demand. If over 50% of the global players then that is significant demand. 

How many of the global player base have you polled for this?

There is a lot of interest in the older ships but they don't fit the grind to the top meta that these games are. The only way they can be top is if they had their own game.

[WARGS]
Members
13 posts
20,201 battles

TO Capt Mudd,

Not really polled. However, I am a member of the WoWs NA FB group. Whenever the topic of newer Mid-tier BBs and BCs comes up, there seems to be a pretty favorable response. I am BB main, though I dabble with CVs (Miss the old style, btw) and cruisers. While the high tiers (9 and 10) are ok, T10 players are often hit or miss. I am only fair to middlin myself, with some lucky matches thrown in, so I am not trying to stat shame or anything, but its really not that enjoyable. It seems you either get the ones who are "playing strategically" (sit in back and try to snipe) or it seems like they free XPd their way up, pull a Leroy Jenkins, then complain about no support. I really enjoy T8s, even though its 80% of the time bottom tiered. That said, I still love the mid tier BBs 5-7.

[WOLF3]
Members
24,768 posts
21,831 battles

You don't have to play those modes.  I haven't played Savage Battles at all.  The last time I did Space Battles was in its first year and haven't touched it since.  Etc.

If you don't like the mode, you don't play the mode.