You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Growing like weeds LOL....

15 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
10,983 posts
20,868 battles

As they say once you get 1 19pt Capt they come faster and faster.

With lots of grinding since I got him and with some Elite Capt XP I have another 19pt Capt now (Kuznetsov). 

XI97scw.jpg

It truly is amazing how much faster they come as you get more of them. Took a bit over a year to get the 1st (Montana Capt - started WOWS Dec 2016 got him to 19 Jan 2018). IT still feels like it takes forever to finish one off once you hit that 15/16 pt range but it gets done.

Since that 1st I now have 23 with a few closing in...

USN:

• Montana
  • Des Moines
  • Worcester
  • Gearing
  • Buffalo (William Halsey)
  • Fletcher (US Dasha)
  • Next closest = Midway @ 17

RU:

• Kreml (Nikolay Kuznetsov)
  • Moskva (Viktor Znamensky)
  • Grozovoi (Bi-National Alexander Ovechkin)
  • Sovetsky Soyuz (Vasiliy Znamensky)
  • Mikhail Kutuzov
  • Next closest = Khabarovsk @ 15 (RU Alexander Ovechkin)

BRN:

• Conqueror
  • Minotaur
  • Daring (BRN Dasha)
  • Next closest = Fiji @ 17 (Bert Dunkirk)

KM:

• Großer Kurfurst
  • Hindenburg
  • Z-52 (Reinhard Von Jutland)
  • Next closest = Friedrich Der Große @ 15 (Franz Von Jutland)

FRN:

• Republique (Jean-Jacques Honore)
  • Alsace
  • Next closest = Henri IV @ 16 (Charles-Henri Honore)

IJN:

• Yamato
  • Shimakaze (Isoroku the Cat)
  • Next closest = Harugumo & Zao both @ 17

Pan-Asian:

• Yue Yang
  • Next closest = Chung Mu @ 15

RM:

• Roma (how I got this one to 19 is beyond me as I hate Roma and am not crazy about GC??? LOL)
  • Next closest = Abruzzi @ 12 (don't play the Duca's much)

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[PHASE]
Members
6,114 posts
19,348 battles
14 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

• Shimakaze (Isoroku the Cat)
  •  

I would like to share whatever the person who came up with the sounds for this captain was having when he did so.

See the source image

Edited by Sweetsie

[PVE]
Members
10,983 posts
20,868 battles
25 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Only 2 Dashas? Go to gulag! :Smile_teethhappy:

I have a 3rd Dash on Roon. Just not a lot of points (12 or 13 as I recall).

[PVE]
Members
10,983 posts
20,868 battles
49 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

I would like to share whatever the person who came up with the sounds for this captain was having when he did so.

See the source image

Yeah the noises it makes are "unique" LOL

[USCC]
Members
2,755 posts
12,006 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

With lots of grinding since I got him and with some Elite Capt XP I have another 19pt Capt now (Kuznetsov). 

Congrats AT, that's a LOT of 19 pointers! well done.

My Kuznetsov is at 18, almost there. Have you seen the fireworks? I've had happen on my Leningrad once, shocked me, I didn't think those worked in PVE, but it does! kinda neat.

[PVE]
Members
10,983 posts
20,868 battles
6 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Congrats AT, that's a LOT of 19 pointers! well done.

My Kuznetsov is at 18, almost there. Have you seen the fireworks? I've had happen on my Leningrad once, shocked me, I didn't think those worked in PVE, but it does! kinda neat.

No, I have not fallen low enough in Kreml yet for it to go off. 108 HP goes a long way LOL. Have come close a few times but haven't seen it. If it did go off I know the game it would have and I probably wouldn't have noticed because I was getting ganged up on by 4 bots all alone and barely made it out alive LOL. If it has happened for me it would have been this one...

YuYTQqx.jpg

I thought/hoped the talent would work in PVE as they specifically said it only wouldn't work in Ranked (or was it Clan Battles? - 1 of the 2) and Training Room. As they specifically said the modes it would not work in, and Co-op was not one of them, I assumed it would in Co-op. But this is WG and we all know they don't like Co-op and the players there. They have a track record of saying something can be done there but it turns out it can't so...? So if it didn't work I would not have been surprised.

[RLGN]
Members
13,259 posts
23,160 battles

Must be using roundup myself. I have a bunch, but they come when they come, as I generally just play a ship with whatever captain is on it, and only move a few around; Groz/Murmansk, New Mexico/all US battleship prems, Gearing/Atlanta, for example.

My Blys driver is still just 17 points.

[WOLF8]
Members
6,579 posts
5,796 battles

Congrats, Admiral. Well done. :Smile_great:

You're truly amazing, achieving all that in Coop, lol. :Smile_great:

As for me.. I still have none! LELELELEL! :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding::fish_cute_2:

I'm just too lazy, lul. :fish_cute_2:

[NMKJT]
Members
2,474 posts
6,678 battles

Yeah, once you have a few, the others just grow fast as long as you pursue them.

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Roma (how I got this one to 19 is beyond me as I hate Roma and am not crazy about GC??? LOL)

Roma/GC's was probably my third. I got the captain to maybe 11 or so on GC, then Roma came out and she took the captain all the way to 19.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,324 posts
7,189 battles

Nice. I'm going to have to include 18 pointers in my count, but my IJN fleet has one 19 pointer (was my original Kongo captain, before the spare ARP captains came along, now lives on Yamato with an IFHE secondary build), 2 18 pointers (my Izumo captain and Moeka China of the Musashi, also IFHE secondaries), my German fleet has 1 19 pointer on FDG (my original Tirpitz captain, the oldest German captain I have, again IFHE secondaries) and 2 18 pointers (one of my 2 Thea Kreutzers, now living on the Tirpitz with the unsurprising IFHE secondary build, and the captain of my GK, who I'm fairly sure was my old FDG captain, working on getting Pete Earthling up to at least 18 to take over the GK, but for now he lives on Scharnhorst for training in Narai).

My USN account has just 2 18 pointers total, old Joe Powers of the Massachusetts (formerly of the NC, but Mass demanded IFHE secondaries) and my original Dunkerque captain, now on the Jean Bart for the 100mm IFHE secondary chainsaw giggles. Likely the next up in line for making 18 points on that account is the spare Montpelier that is in charge of my Georgia, rushed her up to 14 pts on some premium time I got and will keep working at it to get it up to par with Mass. 

Most of my other ships on both accounts have commanders with at least 10 points, with many of them in the 12-15 point range and there are a fair few spare captains in reserve waiting for homes that have 10 points, though most of them are on the IJN account.The AL stuff made me end up with a LOT of duplicate Atagos, Yukikazes, and a couple of Kagas, dang it, all I was after was a Prinz Eugen, which I did eventually get by spending altogether too much. At least AL Atago has a nice voice, on par with ARP Nachi, though I will admit I normally prefer the girls from Kancolle, I'm not going to turn down any of these others.

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

[PVE]
Members
10,983 posts
20,868 battles
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Congrats, Admiral. Well done. :Smile_great:

You're truly amazing, achieving all that in Coop, lol. :Smile_great:

As for me.. I still have none! LELELELEL! :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding::fish_cute_2:

I'm just too lazy, lul. :fish_cute_2:

I just have too much time on my hands.

[SYN]
Members
1,144 posts
9,631 battles

Ovechkin is at 18 an my Gearing. Even with 19 points captains on Shimikaze, Z-52, and Jutland (among others), it seems like forever to attain the last two points. 

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,633 battles
12 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

/snip

I think when I resume playing near to the level I did pre-8.0 I am going to heavily focus on grinding one of my captains (most likely my German guy).
I've been putting it off for far too long and since WG doesn't lift any finger to create a "burn a commander"  (it gets deleted) --> Paste over an existing commander (it gets all skill/exp the old one had, but loses w/e it has right now) I'm going to have to bite the bullet.