You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Player_1632443379

Clan joining costs dubloons?

8 comments in this topic

[CUTER]
Privateers, Supertester
870 posts
4 minutes ago, Player_1632443379 said:

Does it cost me dubloons to join and stay in a Clan? If so on either or both, then how much?

No.

The creation of a clan costs the creator, however, Wargaming will never ask you to pay to join a clan.

Edited by Kaga_Kai_Ni
  • Cool 1

Members
34 posts
9,987 battles
2 minutes ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

No.

The creation of a clan costs the creator, however, Wargaming will never ask you to pay to join a clan.

Someone sent me an invite once and I thought it (the notice from WG) said that to stay in a clan I would be periodically charged dubloons.

[CUTER]
Privateers, Supertester
870 posts
2 minutes ago, Player_1632443379 said:

Someone sent me an invite once and I thought it (the notice from WG) said that to stay in a clan I would be periodically charged dubloons.

No. You do not have to pay doubloons to join or stay inside of a clan.

Source: Run my own clan and none of the members have to pay anything.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,049 posts
4,289 battles

Nothing from Wargaming would say that, except to create the clan. If you see doubloon charges in private messages from recruiters or the clan description/rules... well, red flags dont come any bigger than that. 

A screenshot would help a lot.

[D-PN]
[D-PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,492 battles

@Player_1632443379 The only way doubloons would be involved for clan members is a majority agreement establishing a fund to purchase and gift doubloons to members for exceptional performance. 

[SALVO]
Members
24,190 posts
24,546 battles
2 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Player_1632443379 The only way doubloons would be involved for clan members is a majority agreement establishing a fund to purchase and gift doubloons to members for exceptional performance. 

Yeah, I could see this, Mudd.  A clan might want to hold an internal contest with a doubloons prize.  And they might charge all entrants in this contest a small amount of doubloons as an entrance fee, which would then become the prize pool.  

[D-PN]
[D-PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,492 battles

@Crucis The drawback is that there is no way to transfer from ones pool of doubloons to another player. They have to be bought with cash as a gift to another.

So for this to work a clan would need a Treasurer to oversee funds contributed by members for that purpose.