Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
So_lt_Goes

Help for Low-population Hours

4 comments in this topic

[_-_]
Members
3,146 posts
8,215 battles

Seeing as how I like to start the day's gaming early in the morning here in the Eastern USA, low NA population during certain hours can sometimes be annoying.

So, for the last year or so I've had accounts on both the EU and CIS servers. Problem solved.

There are some expected differences in culture and playstyle, though.

I find that CIS is full-on rowdy aggressive brawling. Can be extremely salty, especially toward campers and cowards. Tanky BB's are favored. I play mid-tier US Standards and DKM BB's with much enjoyment. Lowest CV presence of the three.

EU shares a cautious (some would say campy and timid) play style similar to NA, but not quite as pronounced. Cruisers are popular. Game chat is less salty and more witty. Bonus: my favorite CC's Eurobeat (Yuro), Flamu, and Flambass play mostly EU. Have played with and against all three, and really enjoyed it.

My internet connection isn't anything to brag about, just a plain-vanilla high-tier home cable package, and my ping times are surprisingly good to both NA and CIS. YMMV of course, but you won't know till you try.

If you're troubled with short teams and queue dumps in the early hours, give another server a go. They're fun.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
3,622 posts
14,525 battles

Would be willing to give it a go, but do you still need to download the entire game client again for the other servers?

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[HINON]
Members
12,674 posts
Just now, UltimateNewbie said:

Would be willing to give it a go, but do you still need to download the entire game client again for the other servers?

I think you can switch within the WG center iirc. With just the launcher there is a mod to allow region switching.

[_-_]
Members
3,146 posts
8,215 battles
7 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

There's a mod to allow region-hopping, but it fails sometimes, mostly due to the disparate timing of updates and patches.

I just went ahead and downloaded the 2 additional clients in the launcher, and Bob's your uncle.

Edited by So_lt_Goes

Sign in to follow this