You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gearhead68

Looking foreward to the next historically based tech tree

37 comments in this topic

Members
50 posts
5,411 battles

So, I gotta say, after playing the Russian BB line for a while, I appreciate both the game play, as well as the historical accuracy. Well done, WG!

Not being a supertester, I can only guess what come next, but I have a few educated guesses:

• The Norwegian Heavy Cruiser Branch
  • The Portuguese Destroyer Branch
  • The Micronesian Carrier Branch

What do you guys think? I personally think the Portuguese Destroyer Branch is most likely, but it's really just a gut feel. See you all on the water!

Edited by Gearhead68
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 8

[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
1 minute ago, Gearhead68 said:

So, I gotta say, after playing the Russian BB line for a while, I appreciate both the game play, as well as the historical accuracy. Well done, WG!

Not being a supertester, I can only guess what come next, but I have a few educated guesses:

What do you guys think? I personally think the Portuguese Destroy Branch is most likely, but it's really just a gut feel. See you all on the water!

If thing keep going the way they have been going, next tree will be Smurfs and Transformers

• Funny 3

Members
3,260 posts
11,724 battles
7 minutes ago, Gearhead68 said:

What do you guys think? I personally think the Portuguese Destroyer Branch is most likely, but it's really just a gut feel. See you all on the water!

How well did the RU BBs work out for you?

Beta Testers
99 posts
4,647 battles
12 minutes ago, Gearhead68 said:

Historically accurate? The RU BB line is almost entirely paper.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,590 posts
13,148 battles

I mean, they are all historically based, just not entirely historical.

[R-F1]
[R-F1]
Members
165 posts
14,673 battles

They have the French DD line coming. What comes next is a mystery.

WG Eu Crysantos said on a stream a bit ago Italian Cruisers would be coming. Then Italian Battleships. But no definitive date. 

There is is an option for Pan European DDs which would most likely consist of Dutch Destroyers at high tier, Russian DDs in the middle and British at low tier, with the possibility of a few American lend lease flush deck destroyers. This is all based on gut feelings and the Pan Asian lineup and exsisting ships like the Friesland, Gnevny, Clemson, N class, Polish destroyers like Blyscavica (sorry spelling) and other post WW2 designs. I don’t know If this is correct but my gut thinks so. 

I would think Pan European DDs would appear first because they would be easier on the game assets. But the confirmation about Italian cruisers and BBs it already confirmed to be in the works at least; usually means within a year before release.

[SOV]
Members
4,265 posts
2 hours ago, Gearhead68 said:

Micronesia CV branch! Classic.

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
Members
191 posts
5,791 battles

In a community where literally thousands of people fantasize about two dimensional Japanese anime girls, do you honestly expect a large following to be upset about the fact that something only existed on paper? Lol

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
713 posts
9,312 battles

My best guess is this:

1. French destroyers

2. Italian Cruisers

3. Alternate US and Japanese CV lines (Approx 0.9.1)

4. Italian Battleships

5. Pan-Europe Destroyers

6. British Heavy Cruisers

7. German Submarines and US Submarines (simultaneous, likely in 0.10)

8. Italian Destroyers

9. Russian Submarines

10. British Battlecruisers

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
2,564 posts
20,834 battles
5 hours ago, Gearhead68 said:

Sorry you have the list wrong my friend I have inside information that over the next 4 years the lines will be:

Cruiser line = Democratic Republic of Congo - The Democratic Republic of Congo has thousands of kilometres of navigable waterways. Traditionally water transport has been the dominant means of moving around in approximately two-thirds of the country, some of the best Light Cruisers were built by this country.

Submarine line =  Liechtenstein - The entire western border of Liechtenstein is formed by the Rhine, this country helped Germany build there U - Boat Fleet.

Aircraft Carrier line = Swiss Confederation ( Switzerland ) Switzerland has a long tradition of civilian navigation, both on its lakes and rivers, and on the high seas, what's not well known is some of the USN best CV's were Swiss design ah yes those Swiss really know how to build warships.

Battleship line = Azerbaijan - The Azerbaijani Navy operates on the Caspian Sea and it was here that Russia got its designs for there own Navy.

Destroyer line = Paraguay - The Paraguayan military operates a navy of around a dozen vessels and has several thousand personnel. It operates on the country's major rivers, notably the Paraguay River and the Paraná River, yep during the second world war it was this navy that had a major impact on curtailing U -boat operations in the South Atlantic with there famous Destroyers.

Yes I'm really looking forward to these new nations ships in game :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,014 posts
7,682 battles
5 hours ago, Sweaty_Anime_Girls said:

In a community where literally thousands of people fantasize about two dimensional Japanese anime girls, do you honestly expect a large following to be upset about the fact that something only existed on paper? Lol

Hell, we already have numerous ships in game that didn't even exist on paper.  

Members
4,501 posts
3 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

7. German Submarines and US Submarines (simultaneous, likely in 0.10)

And that's when I stop playing this game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FML]
Members
3,622 posts
14,525 battles
3 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

My best guess is this:

Interesting. Iirc WG we’re having difficulty with getting their hands on Italian designs. As such, I think there are some ‘filler’ lines they could try using re-nationed existing ships. As such, I would expect:

1) French DDs 

2) British heavy cruisers

3) Pan EU destroyers 

That would bring us to the end of Calendar 2019, just in time for the introduction of Submarines for first half of 2020 just like the CV rework same time last year. 

4) USN and IJN submarines 

5) Commonwealth DDs with some gimmick to deal with submarine rage

6) German and UK submarines 

7) Italian cruisers 

8) Alternate CVs this time next year, at best.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,095 posts
7,217 battles
8 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

If thing keep going the way they have been going, next tree will be Smurfs...

Do you think the Gargamel and Azreal will be part of the tree, or will they be premiums that come out a few months before the line is released?

• Funny 1

Members
61 posts

It is a great game and they need to introduce new lines for revenue to keep this great game going.  They will run out of ships lines eventually.  I would prefer balanced paper ships based on some history as opposed to potential meta breaking lines like carriers (which we already have) and subs.  BBs, cruisers, DDs are a pretty good rock, paper, scissors combination which works for the game modes. 

Subs are basically a variation on DDs.  Instead of smoke, they dive.  They have torps and deck guns.  They probably have low visibility when on the surface.  I suppose they can just make them a special type of DD if they make them slow under water so it's kinda of like DDs in smoke.  It would be a problem if they give them too much range and mobility under water where I assume they can't be shot at.  Then there is the question on how they kill each other if they can stay under water if you just have subs left in the match.

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles

this is the usual standard by which they make paper boats

Image result for making a paper boatif you stop in this area, you can make a hat

^^ montanna

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Funny 1

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Do you think the Gargamel and Azreal will be part of the tree, or will they be premiums that come out a few months before the line is released?

No no no Smurfette will be the premium.

• Cool 1

[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Azreal will be Premium CV , only for whales because of it swoop down ability to do fast damage

Gargamel will be bumbly tier 3 that can barely stay floating.

[PHD]
Members
1,114 posts
5,099 battles
9 hours ago, pikohan said:

I mean, they are all historically based, just not entirely historical.

Maybe the Bolivian light cruiser line.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,324 posts
7,189 battles

Well I could always hope for my Arcadia to make the running. 36 particle cannons in 12 triple turrets sounds about right for T11 or T12, right?

1726331976_arcadia4.thumb.jpg.cb21cc5cd8e4152df59fce762767061a.jpg

59842129_arcadia7.thumb.png.6896029364a4675cd51c2a8b69543308.png

:Smile_trollface:

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles
9 hours ago, Sweaty_Anime_Girls said:

she is real in my heart,ok?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
9 hours ago, Sweaty_Anime_Girls said:

To be fair, that's one more dimension than most real women I know.

• Funny 3