Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cheeezzy

Could Uptiering be Toned Down a bit?

63 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

153
[TRIST]
Members
398 posts
3,095 battles

Hi all, now I know my battles aren't too many and I sure am not the best player, but I feel that this is something that needs to be addressed. I really don't like the way the current +2/-2 system as is right now that just fills spaces that are empty, resulting in matches where a team is mostly compromised of the higher end ships, leaving the lower tiers with a misery of a game. My idea is, if not make it s +1/-1, how about having a cap on higher end ships per game? If they implemented the CV cap, is it any harder to implement this one? Let me know what you guys think, I'm just tired of being the only T8 in a T10 match, kinda dulls down on the fun factor sadly.

Edited by Cheeezzy
spelling errors :P
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,262
[WOLF3]
Members
2,135 posts
4,427 battles
Just now, Cheeezzy said:

Hi all, now I know my battles aren't too many and I sure am not the best player, but I feel that this is something that needs to be addressed. I really don't like the way the current +2/-2 system as is right now that just fills spaces that are empty, resulting in matches where a team is mostly compromised of the higher end ships, leaving the lower tiers with a misery of a game. My idea is, if not make it s +1/-1, how about having a cap on higher end ships per game? If tey implemented the CV cap, is it any harder to implement this one? Let me know what you guys think, I'm just tired of being the only T8 in a T10 match, kinda dulls down on the fun factor sadly.

I'm with you on this. Four matches in a row in my T8 Vlad i'm one of two-three T8's in TX matches. It's getting old.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
207
[DOW]
Members
856 posts
5,487 battles

The idea should be +/-1 tier for all tiers. There is no real benefit of +/-2 tiers other than bringing grievance upon players in many games.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,092
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,798 posts
13,589 battles

The problem isn't being up tiered but being one of only a few bottom tier ships in a mostly top tier match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,262
[WOLF3]
Members
2,135 posts
4,427 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The problem isn't being up tiered but being one of only a few bottom tier ships in a mostly top tier match.

Like window dressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,594
[O7]
Members
1,161 posts
10,036 battles

you get more xp and credits for damaging higher tier ships and its not like the difficulty is increased at higher tiers plus there is more damage to farm. i will never understand the complaint of being bottom tiered if you want an easy win play co-op?

  • Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4
  • Angry 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,345
[--K--]
Members
6,370 posts
14,036 battles

OP, how many battles are you -2? How many battles are you -1? How many battles are you top tier? We need data on your complaint to investigate confirmation bias

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,408
[SOFOP]
Members
2,070 posts
12,709 battles

So when you bought Tirpitz and Montpelier (without having anything else higher than T7), my guess is you were expecting to stomp people, right?  Pretty shocking when that doesn't happen, isn't it?

This is not an original idea, but they have made it clear they won't do it.  A search probably would have saved you some time on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,848
[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,589 posts
13,053 battles

That's how they make you keep grinding, of course. The only way to be top tier is to play T10 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
153
[TRIST]
Members
398 posts
3,095 battles
50 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_NZ said:

you get more xp and credits for damaging higher tier ships and its not like the difficulty is increased at higher tiers plus there is more damage to farm. i will never understand the complaint of being bottom tiered if you want an easy win play co-op?

I just don't find it fun when I get destroyed by T10s or I kill T6's with a single salvo. I never want an easy win, that takes the fun away.

 

16 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

So when you bought Tirpitz and Montpelier (without having anything else higher than T7), my guess is you were expecting to stomp people, right?  Pretty shocking when that doesn't happen, isn't it?

This is not an original idea, but they have made it clear they won't do it.  A search probably would have saved you some time on this.

Nope! I expected fun fair matches with around the same tier as mine. Also my friend got me them as a birthday gift, so I wasn't really too experienced going in but after a while, it's pretty clear that being the only lower tier in a mostly higher tier match is no fun. Is it bad that I expected to have fun in a game?

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
153
[TRIST]
Members
398 posts
3,095 battles
1 minute ago, neptunes_wrath said:

Ke5wzYf.jpg

I don't see what the problem is in making a new one, if more people make a thread like this then hopefully WG will awknowledge the issue! :D

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
153
[TRIST]
Members
398 posts
3,095 battles
35 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

OP, how many battles are you -2? How many battles are you -1? How many battles are you top tier? We need data on your complaint to investigate confirmation bias

Most of the uptiered battles I play are mostly top tier, and most of my batrles are like that. It's just no fun really, and the ones where I'm too tier, I can tell that the little guys don't find it too much fun either with getting blown up as fast as they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,001 posts
564 battles
3 minutes ago, Cheeezzy said:

I don't see what the problem is in making a new one, if more people make a thread like this then hopefully WG will awknowledge the issue! :D

 

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,924 posts
7,591 battles
1 minute ago, Cheeezzy said:

I don't see what the problem is in making a new one, if more people make a thread like this then hopefully WG will awknowledge the issue! :D

You're new.  It's only the complaints about the CV rework that have drowned MM whining out and made it a weekly thing, instead of daily like it used to be... for years. They're not going to change it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
153
[TRIST]
Members
398 posts
3,095 battles
Just now, neptunes_wrath said:

 

Thanks for the constructive criticism :fish_cute_2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
153
[TRIST]
Members
398 posts
3,095 battles
Just now, DouglasMacAwful said:

You're new.  It's only the complaints about the CV rework that have drowned MM whining out and made it a weekly thing, instead of daily like it used to be... for years. They're not going to change it.  

I dunno, they did change the WoT MM recently so it's not outside the realm of possibility for changing the WoWs MM a bit down the line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,766
[WORX]
Members
8,988 posts
17,131 battles

MM is not the problem... Ships that are buffed to OR are over powered to support the current MM system is the problem...

Think of it this way do you want to sail in a OP ship BECAUSE of the current MM setup 

OR

Do you want your OP ships indirectly nerfed Because of not being in the current MM system...

For me, I rather have balanced ships so, Nerf all OP ships to confirm to the current MM specs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,924 posts
7,591 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

MM is not the problem... Ships that are buffed to OR are over powered to support the current MM system is the problem...

Think of it this way do you want to sail in a OP ship BECAUSE of the current MM setup 

OR

Do you want your OP ships indirectly nerfed Because of not being in the current MM system...

For me, I rather have balanced ships so, Nerf all OP ships to confirm to the current MM specs

T10 is pretty balanced, and T8 ships still competitive against T10s which is not the case in WoT.  There aren't really any ships that are OP.  The ones that were have been removed from sale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,766
[WORX]
Members
8,988 posts
17,131 battles
10 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

T10 is pretty balanced, and T8 ships still competitive against T10s which is not the case in WoT.  There aren't really any ships that are OP.  The ones that were have been removed from sale. 

I disagree.. bu hey see what happens

When tier 10 is a snooze fest... High tier BBs are over powered... I can go on and on but some people like high tier games

Edited by Navalpride33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,408
[SOFOP]
Members
2,070 posts
12,709 battles
19 minutes ago, Cheeezzy said:

Nope! I expected fun fair matches with around the same tier as mine. Also my friend got me them as a birthday gift, so I wasn't really too experienced going in but after a while, it's pretty clear that being the only lower tier in a mostly higher tier match is no fun. Is it bad that I expected to have fun in a game?

These folks are "around" the same tier as you in Wargamings eyes.  That's specifically how the matchmaking is setup.  Everyone in a tier 10 ship went through it.  It's the "leveling" process here essentially, and as is the case with almost every game in which you "level", you sometimes have to compete against people that are "more advanced" than you are.

Some see it as a challenge, some see it as feeding the tier 10's a snack, some like it, some hate it.  You won't get much positivity with this topic though because topic is raised almost daily here (so you broke a couple unwritten forum rules:  posting a common topic as if original, not searching and beating a dead horse).

As has been said though, there are a bunch of T8 ships that can do just fine in T10.  You just can't steamroll in like you want to.  You have to change up.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
800
[KAPPA]
Members
2,620 posts
7,378 battles

A few suggestions on how to improve the game for you. T8 is basically the tier that is the punching bag of tier 10 and sees the most tiers of CVs. If you want to not be bottom tier, tier 8 is not the tier for you. If you dislike CVs, T8 is a horrible place to be. That said, T7 cannot see T10, and T10 is an extremely popular tier due to being top tier every time. T10 thus drains T8-9 making T7 have better matchmaking than other tiers. Unless you want to play T1-4 forever, which are +/-1, I suggest T7 as your go-to tier You don't see as many CVs and you see fewer bottom tier matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles

+2-2 is part of their overall business scheme it will not change. It exists to push you to T10 where you will either but a premium account or Perm camo or both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×