Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
anonym_yc9eYKaa9nXW

I no longer enjoy the game.

71 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
10 posts

I once enjoyed this game because it was a thinking gamers game, but now it's becoming too much like world of tanks.  And before anyone says git gud, I'm tired of such an attitude with gamers.  Such an attitude is entirely whats wrong with gamers now a days, I play games to have fun, to relax and enjoy a good time.  If you wanna be an arrogant [edited] find somewhere else to do it, if you want to play competitively don't destroy casual PVP with incessant [edited] and whining.  I recently attended an event at USS Massachusetts and speaking with another player in line while waiting for the gate to open I discovered they only play PVE due to the level of arrogance and ignorance of other players.  I may follow in their footsteps as I don't play competitively, I play to challenge myself to do the best I can to help my team.  I have over 5400 battles and while I am not a great player I can certainly pull my weight most of the time and occasionally carry the team.  But then there are other times where I just can't get a break for doing a smartly aggressive move early on while the rest of the team sits back like a bunch of schoolkids watching another kid get bullied.  In final, if you want to sit back and not help the team, screw you either do something useful to help the team or quitchurbitchin and accept the loss.

  • Cool 11
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,259 posts
11,688 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmFranzvonHippie said:

This attitude is also unhelpful, I want the game to be fun and my post is an attempt to open eyes.

The vast majority of players you speak of dont visit the forums. Most of the forum realizes already what you are saying. 

You wont hit the target audience. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
758
[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles

If you say so...

I just offered my advice. Sometime it's best to take a break and come back... As far as how other players act you want WeeGee to do something about basic natural human behavior?... :cap_yes:

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,819
[WORX]
Members
9,032 posts
17,182 battles
15 minutes ago, AdmFranzvonHippie said:

I play games to have fun, to relax and enjoy a good time.

That is your error right there ^^^ this is not that type of game...

Its a war game, no one goes to relax on a war ship... My recommendation, change your outlook on the game to reflect reality... If you dont like what your playing, then its time to move on... Nothing wrong with that.

  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,144
[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

why do you bother reading the side chat?  I totally put it on ignore when I am playing.  I took a year off, but i can still play pretty well as I am grinding UKDD and RUBB (currently at 8) and finishing my alsace grind.    

if you have bad team,  don't worry about it.  just do the best you can.   you should have equally bad and good teams and they even out even though it can be bit frustrating. 

I also play operation for fun.       I would actually recommend playing  your favorite  t6 botes for fun.    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
10 posts
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

That is your error right there ^^^ this is not that type of game...

Its a war game, no one goes to relax on a war ship... My recommendation, change your outlook on the game to reflect reality... If you dont like what your playing, then its time to move on... Nothing wrong with that.

The error is yours, this is a game not reality.  Games are meant to be enjoyable and fun.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
10 posts
Just now, centarina said:

why do you bother reading the side chat?  I totally put it on ignore when I am playing.  I took a year off, but i can still play pretty well as I am grinding UKDD and RUBB (currently at 8) and finishing my alsace grind.    

if you have bad team,  don't worry about it.  just do the best you can.   you should have equally bad and good teams and they even out even though it can be bit frustrating. 

I also play operation for fun.       I would actually recommend playing  your favorite  t6 botes for fun.    

 

I was unaware it was possible to turn off the chat completely as I can in WoT.  Last I knew it was not possible.  I am autistic and cannot ignore something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,648
[O7]
Members
1,177 posts
10,062 battles

why should games be built the way you want, i get enjoyment from winning and farming damage and not having bad team mates, why is what you want more important then mine.

 

1 minute ago, AdmFranzvonHippie said:

The error is yours, this is a game not reality.  Games are meant to be enjoyable and fun.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
10 posts
3 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_NZ said:

why should games be built the way you want, i get enjoyment from winning and farming damage and not having bad team mates, why is what you want more important then mine.

 

 

Because you are an ignorant [edited].

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,366 posts
16 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

The vast majority of players you speak of dont visit the forums. Most of the forum realizes already what you are saying. 

You wont hit the target audience. 

Ditto - We agree with you. I use Randumb as a try new things or get insane damage etc.  I would never even think to post things I see in chat.  I apologize when I mess up. Recently apologized for getting in the way of some torps!

We are the wrong audience. Maybe translate to Russian using Google Translate and send to WG at their home address. 

I completely agree with your complaint.   But as you well know there are those with mental health issues who are drawn to this game.   I deal with a family member who has severe depression caused by adrenal gland issues.  That family member wants no part of this game.   Wise choice.  

 I could easily see this person making crazy chat comments.  Followed up with threats in a pm.   From there who knows?

Randumb should be policed much harder and full fledged Ranked and Clans pretty much anything goes.   IMHO

 

Edited by Toxic_Potato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,819
[WORX]
Members
9,032 posts
17,182 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmFranzvonHippie said:

The error is yours, this is a game not reality.  Games are meant to be enjoyable and fun.

Wrong its not my error since I did not develope the game... I was tying to get you to reflect how your thinking is distorted..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,311
[WOLF7]
Members
12,410 posts
3 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_NZ said:

why should games be built the way you want, i get enjoyment from winning and farming damage and not having bad team mates, why is what you want more important then mine.

 

You realize you are a tiny minority in the game right? A person that actually takes the game seriously, and thinks it'a actually a competitive game, even though you know that 95% of the player base doesn't.....

Why should WG cater to a tiny minority?

Not sure why a competitive player would continue to play a game full of casual players...unless their ego is so fragile they need every bit of positive reinforcement they can get.:Smile_medal:

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,648
[O7]
Members
1,177 posts
10,062 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

You realize you are a tiny minority in the game right? A person that actually takes the game seriously, and thinks it'a actually a competitive game, even though you know that 95% of the player base doesn't.....

Why should WG cater to a tiny minority?

Not sure why a competitive player would continue to play a game full of casual players...unless their ego is so fragile they need every bit of positive reinforcement they can get.:Smile_medal:

i am serious stat padder, i want to make my stats as purple as possible and i get thorough enjoyment from farming casual players. But sadly randumbs is incredibly boring and full of unbelievably below average skill level players most of those who have played over 10k battles. Its just a mediocre time between clan battles and KOTS. 

You would consider it a tiny minority because you spend all your time on the forums where as 95% of the higher tier players dont bother here because of the low iq message and suggestions. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,648
[O7]
Members
1,177 posts
10,062 battles
8 minutes ago, AdmFranzvonHippie said:

Because you are an ignorant [edited].

im ignorant because that is my opinion? does this make you ignorant for your opinion too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,623
[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,486 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmFranzvonHippie said:

Because you are an ignorant [edited].

Let's see: Hidden stats, rude, insulting. You are, clearly, behaving exactly as you claim others do.

 

You get a lot of grief in battle, and it's pretty obvious why. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying I understand. You don't play well, and then rage at the very people trying to help you in game, blaming them for your own shortcomings.

 

There is a reason, after all, so many of us tell others to "git gud", we, too, want good teams, and to win, and we tend to take a dim view of those who flat out refuse to get better. You want to have fun? Then swallow your pride, listen, learn, and do what it takes to win, because winning, not fun, is the point of any game. If you can also have fun, that's just a bonus. The point is to win.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,721
[WOLFG]
Members
8,264 posts
6,487 battles
Just now, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

The OP's reaction was...extreme.

Must have been a couple of erased posts I missed.  Too bad, we haven't had a good weekend explosion in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[-BSK-]
Members
455 posts
16,893 battles

or he got the hammer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,308
[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,050 posts
4,289 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

He deleted his acct. weird...

You cant just 'delete' your account on a minutes notice... That is a bruise from the ban hammer right there. (Clues being posts now are set to 0 and you can't access profile)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×