You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Old_Baldy_One

Steam Purchases - Summer Sale Question

13 comments in this topic

[SOFOP]
Members
2,073 posts
12,709 battles

Just noticed that Steam has some specials going on.  Smith, Marblehead, Tachibana, Huanghe, Yubari, Indianapolis and a few others all on sale.

Does anyone know what the compensation is if you get one of these and already have the ship in port?  I'm specifically curious about the Indianapolis?  Tier 7 Cruisers seem to go for around 5000 doubloons.  I know WG was trying to avoid the "buy ships you have to get cheap doubloons" stuff so wanted to confirm before I spent anything.

If anyone is familiar, I'd appreciate the information.  Thanks!

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[KAPPA]
Members
2,632 posts
7,388 battles

If memory serves, you get the dollar value in doubloons. If, say, Tirpitz were on sale for 1$ you would get 1$ of doubloons for a duplicate.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,410 posts
27 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Just noticed that Steam has some specials going on.  Smith, Marblehead, Tachibana, Huanghe, Yubari, Indianapolis and a few others all on sale.

Does anyone know what the compensation is if you get one of these and already have the ship in port?  I'm specifically curious about the Indianapolis?  Tier 7 Cruisers seem to go for around 5000 doubloons.  I know WG was trying to avoid the "buy ships you have to get cheap doubloons" stuff so wanted to confirm before I spent anything.

ttu0mka.gif

:Smile_teethhappy:

It should actually tell you when you go into the purchase, but I don't do steam, so....can't say.

[WOLF8]
Members
6,576 posts
5,796 battles

Didn't WG "fix" the feature where a player buys a Premium Ship that they already own at a discount and receives a full value in doubloons, long time ago? AFAIK, you'll only get the appropriately discounted value of doubloons now. :fish_book:

But I could be wrong, so please don't quote me on that. Seriously, lol. :Smile_hiding:

Members
3,251 posts
11,682 battles
43 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/8r9icd/psa_about_premium_ship_doubloon_compensation/

From what I could gather. It seems you get doubloons, but a percentage deduction based off any deals. 

I dont see anything on the Steam webpage about duplicate compensation, but Im not logged in.

Id ask @Kami or @Radar_X for confirmation, exact details.

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[HINON]
Members
12,656 posts

Also you only get it on accounts that were started on steam. You cannot use an existing WG account to purchase them.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,588 posts
14,062 battles
35 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Also you only get it on accounts that were started on steam ...

This is a key point ... there is a great deal going on for a Haida pack .... DD, Comander, Port Slot, 2k Doubs, 50 ea of a bunch of flags, for 75% off! ... now that's a SALE!  BUT you can only get it on a Steam account ... you can't even gift those to plain WG accounts.  Read the fine print ...

[SOFOP]
Members
2,073 posts
12,709 battles

The reddit post just says that premium shop discounts will result in less doubloons.  I recall that it was a Steam deal the really triggered that change in policy but it still doesn't state that Steam deals count in all that.

The Indianapolis deal is still pretty good even if you don't get full value, seeing as 2500 doubloons is included.   So that's like 12 bucks for 2500 doubloons, a lot of flags, and whatever compensation the ship grants.

I would really like confirmation that ANY discounted deals, regardless if source, will result in reduced doubloon compensation.  Steam does not list anything about it that I can see.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[BOATC]
Members
70 posts
4,229 battles

I got 1875( Or thereabouts) for the Indy but the pack comes with an additional 2500 and a 10 point commander

[WOLFC]
Members
1,706 posts
9,024 battles
8 hours ago, Maksimus54 said:

I got 1875( Or thereabouts) for the Indy but the pack comes with an additional 2500 and a 10 point commander

In theory that amount of Dubs would cost $26.32 Canadian but is on sale for $16.74  (Can).   (Steam says its a 6 point)

Members
1,924 posts
7,591 battles
On June 29, 2019 at 8:14 PM, Octavian_of_Roma said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/8r9icd/psa_about_premium_ship_doubloon_compensation/

From what I could gather. It seems you get doubloons, but a percentage deduction based off any deals. 

I dont see anything on the Steam webpage about duplicate compensation, but Im not logged in.

Id ask @Kami or @Radar_X for confirmation, exact details.

There were 2 Steam sales last year, one in the premium shop and one for Steam users only. After a lot of people took advantage of these for the doubloons, WG announced the "discounted" doubloon policy you cited. 

However, Steam came out with a "Starter Pack" with the same ships months after the announcement and I still got full doubloon value. Not sure if that was an oversight, but I have all of the discounted Steam offerings and can't buy them again is I can't test it this time. 

Members
3,251 posts
11,682 battles
6 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

There were 2 Steam sales last year, one in the premium shop and one for Steam users only. After a lot of people took advantage of these for the doubloons, WG announced the "discounted" doubloon policy you cited. 

However, Steam came out with a "Starter Pack" with the same ships months after the announcement and I still got full doubloon value. Not sure if that was an oversight, but I have all of the discounted Steam offerings and can't buy them again is I can't test it this time. 

My account isnt attached to Steam. So I couldnt really test it, and I dont want to buy an Indy again. 

Also, I think the @ system doesnt work properly when dealing with moderators.

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma