Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Guest_

Georgia 7 KM Secondaries

9 comments in this topic

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
285 posts
10,687 battles

I was playing my buddies Georgia.  15 point captain,  fully speced for secondaries.  Had the secondary signal hoisted.  Had Manual secondaries on target starting at 12 KM.  Secondaries did not start firing until 7 KM.  

We then took out the Georgia in a division with my Massachusetts in a co-op.  I had 275 secondary hits, and they started at 11.5 km.  His Georgia only had 50 secondary hits, and again, they did not start firing until 7 KM.  

I thought a fully speced Georgia would be same or better secondary ship in comparison to the Mass..  

Any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,025 posts
7,903 battles

Do you have a replay of the Georgia match? If so, could you upload it here?

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
285 posts
10,687 battles

I left his house earlier today, and he is going away for the 4th.  I will see if he can forward me the replay and I can post.

[SUCIT]
Members
916 posts
17,244 battles

a replay would be nice if you have one, it could make this issue far easier to solve, but without it I see some potential issues:

1. maybe you thought you clicked on a target with secondaries, but actually didn't. However, this is only possible if you clicked on a target again at around 7km, and this time it actually registered the click, but I believe the control click icon doesn't show on replays.

2. Was the target behind an island? In most cases, Secondary guns will not fire if the main guns cannot clear any terrain between your ship and the target.

3. Were you bow or stern on to that target? If so, your secondaries would not likely fire.

4. Actually put a captain that's not secondary specced and you have APR1 in slot three instead of Secondary range upgrade

5. Really bad RNG. The guns fired at 11km, but never started hitting until 7km, or you never noticed them firing until 7km away although this is highly unlikely given Georgia's secondary accuracy

6. It really is a bug.

There could be something else I'm missing, but its probably one of these 6 things.

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
285 posts
10,687 battles

Thanks for the reply,  i will check out the upgrades to see if he has the secondary build there.

There were no shots fired until 7 KM.  Was not bow on,  probably 45 degree angle to the targets.

[WOLF3]
Members
24,811 posts
21,855 battles

Stock with no SBM1, no AFT, the secondaries range on Georgia are 7.5km.

Reasons why they didn't fire off until about 7km, my guess would be:

- The Georgia Build wasn't a Secondaries Build.  The addition of SBM1 or AFT alone would take the Secondaries to 9km.

- You mentioned Manual Secondaries.  The Secondaries will not fire at anything if that designated target isn't in range and a firing lane to it.

For example, I could have some target designated for my Manual Secondaries at 9km, but then the LOS to the target is lost because it dipped behind an island.  Another target arises at 7km away from me.  My Secondaries will not fire at that new threat until I designate it with my Manual Secondaries.

- You have to designated a target with Manual Secondaries.  Possible you forgot to designate a target until too late.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[ANKER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
549 posts
12,079 battles

Massachusetts has a fatter hull on the sides than the Georgia which allow better arcs for the secondaries to fire. Since Georgia is so slender you have to increase your broadside more to compensate for the lack of angle. Unfortunately there is no secondary arc of fire indicator which would allow you to use the ship with better accuracy during combat. More than likely you will get less secondary hits with Georgia unless you give up more side. 

[SUCIT]
Members
916 posts
17,244 battles
48 minutes ago, _Guest_ said:

Thanks for the reply,  i will check out the upgrades to see if he has the secondary build there.

There were no shots fired until 7 KM.  Was not bow on,  probably 45 degree angle to the targets.

no problem, and with the 45 degree angle to target, probably leaves it down to did not control click secondaries to a target until 7km, or he actually isn't specced into secondaries at all, but seeing the secondaries fired automatically at 7km (from the original post) is leaning toward the not specced into secondaries part.

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
285 posts
10,687 battles

Thanks all for you answers.  There were two issues:  The first was that he in fact was not speced for secondaries.  He is a WOT guy, and hag a couple of hundred games in WOW.  He bought the Admirals package and told me he was fully speced so I didn't check what he had in his slots.  The upgrades with the package did not include the secondary build.  I replaced the two slots with secondaries and he now had the 11 km plus ranged. 

I had set up his captain for him, so he had AFT and BFT as well as manual, but without the upgrades, the secondaries were meh.

Second,  as was said above, the Georgia needs to be turned slightly more than the Massachusetts in order to get the secondaries firing away.  

My buddy took it out the respeced ship and with this knowledge (in co-op) and had a blast.  Had over 300 hits with secondaries.  

I am trying to get him to wean off WOT and become a full fledged WOW player.  He was really excited when the ship performed as it should thanks to you all.

Sign in to follow this