You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Savage Battle needs a hard mode.

26 comments in this topic

[--K--]
Members
6,398 posts
14,078 battles

After a few nights playing where there are 9 ships against the 3 on your team, it has become apparent to me that we need a hard mode or something. Maybe 8 teams per map or something? When I'm playing against 3-1 odds and my win rate in savage battles is eclipsing my random win rate, its clear that something more is needed.

image.png.1def2cd4cd07e984cfb212836de1ceea.pngimage.thumb.png.44b0c915238ac346cc9dbd6b4d2f3a98.png

Also, the Carnal is easy mode. Just run down whatever ship you want, tier 3, doesn't matter, and just torp it.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 10

[WOLF3]
Members
2,135 posts
4,427 battles

You want hard mode? Play solo. I'm willing to wager those wins were all done in a division on discord.

Bam instant hard mode.

• Cool 10

[HINON]
Members
12,680 posts
1 minute ago, xalmgrey said:

You want hard mode? Play solo. I'm willing to wager those wins were all done in a division on discord.

Bam instant hard mode.

This ^

• Cool 2

[KWF]
Members
3,940 posts
5,946 battles

A division only mode  in the form of a soft MM rule would satisfy all parties. 

Besides most battle royale games got solo and squad modes already.

Alternatively playing solo could give higher earnings than divisions :Smile_hiding:

Edited by warheart1992

[--K--]
Members
6,398 posts
14,078 battles

Those of us with friends would also like to be challenged by the game. It's a fair request

• Funny 1
  • Boring 6
  • Angry 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,125 posts
12,744 battles

Even in a div of unicums, thats pretty impressive.  

So I guess hard mode would be what?  Unlocked once a T3 ship is obtained and then only available to full divs?  Could be interesting, but they should then lock full divs out of regular mode.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 1

[CWM]
Members
565 posts
4,961 battles
2 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Even in a div of unicums, thats pretty impressive.  

So i guess hard mode would be what?  Unlocked once a T3 ship is obtained and then only available to full divs?

Add sea mines as one player suggested in a match earlier today.  :cap_look:

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,031 posts
17,627 battles

Repeating my hope for a Clan Brawl featuring Savage Battles.

• Cool 1

[TSIOF]
Members
23 posts
8,082 battles

I agree it's to easy to carry the teams.

I win almost every game in savage battle. It gets kinda boring because it's just a waiting game, stealing as many buffs as possible for late game super carrys.

[--K--]
Members
6,398 posts
14,078 battles

So people complained about people playing with their friends and winning and then when a solution like a hard mode is proposed people don't like that. What clueless hypocrites. 

Am I supposed to be sorry that I have friends that I enjoy playing games with? Are we not supposed to try to win? 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

[THREE]
Members
2,065 posts
10,377 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

Those of us with friends would also like to be challenged by the game. It's a fair request

Make your own challenges. For example, I try to ram kill everything...

[--K--]
Members
6,398 posts
14,078 battles
Just now, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Make your own challenges. For example, I try to ram kill everything...

Last kill is always a ram kill

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
563 posts
15,698 battles

Lol....I wish I had screenshots of yesterday when my experience was the exact opposite.  Loss, loss, loss, loss etc.  Not as bad as your win streak, but I was winning maybe 1 of 5.

[RLGN]
Members
13,300 posts
23,199 battles

So basically yet more reasons for a friendless peasant such as myself not to bother with this mode.

In any case, GJ OP.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[THREE]
Members
2,065 posts
10,377 battles
29 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Last kill is always a ram kill

My record right now is 3 ram kills in a single game. Even got two ram kills against my own clan in one game lol.

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
2 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

Play while on DMT. Hardmode achieved.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,713 posts
12,167 battles
30 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

So basically yet more reasons for a friendless peasant such as myself not to bother with this mode.

In any case, GJ OP.

If you're just grinding for fuel tokens, winning is irrelevant. Just spam games while doing as much damage as possible.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,492 posts
2,189 battles

So people complained about people playing with their friends and winning and then when a solution like a hard mode is proposed people don't like that. What clueless hypocrites. 

Am I supposed to be sorry that I have friends that I enjoy playing games with? Are we not supposed to try to win? 

Looks like you missed the point they were making entirely.  There's that famous old saying:  You can't have your cake, and eat it too.  You can play with your friends and dominate, or you can face a challenge.  Not both.

As previously stated, if you want a challenge, go solo.  Otherwise, keep going easymode, then come back to the forums to humble brag.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,227 posts
18,423 battles

Am I supposed to be sorry that I have friends that I enjoy playing games with?

No, but if you really want a challenge and aren't just bragging then quit hiding behind them and play solo.

[PHASE]
Members
6,138 posts
19,439 battles
4 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

After a few nights playing where there are 9 ships against the 3 on your team, it has become apparent to me that we need a hard mode or something. Maybe 8 teams per map or something? When I'm playing against 3-1 odds and my win rate in savage battles is eclipsing my random win rate, its clear that something more is needed.

image.png.1def2cd4cd07e984cfb212836de1ceea.pngimage.thumb.png.44b0c915238ac346cc9dbd6b4d2f3a98.png

Also, the Carnal is easy mode. Just run down whatever ship you want, tier 3, doesn't matter, and just torp it.

were those all solo games? Or perhaps another glorious opportunity for you to peacock yourself and your greatness? Div in a game with 3 really good players against 3 teams of lesser players..... wow impressive.... It almost makes me want to get another liverwurst sammich.

you are a very good player but so transparent.

• Cool 1

Members
653 posts
4 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

I'll correct you:

"Those of us with online friends that play video games would also like to be challenged by the game. It's a fair request". 

I recommend that you play Randoms. As mentioned many, many times in the forums concerning the Savage Battle event, WG made a huge mistake allowing divisions.

[WOLFG]
Members
8,293 posts
6,534 battles
5 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

Image result for casting fishing gif

• Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[AAA]
Members
1,728 posts
12,580 battles

Hey I got a great idea - let’s div with unicums in a super casual mode and then brag about it on the forums asking for a hard mode so people think I am actually good at the game...

I just wonder how that will end :Smile_smile:

• Funny 1

[O7]
Members
1,188 posts
10,131 battles

if you want a real challenging mode try hardcore ironman on old school runescape! You only get 1 life so when you die you forfeit your account and have to make another or give up and live the rest of your life with all your friends and family laughing at you for your impressively bad lack of talent.

• Funny 1