You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OnePingOnlyPlease

Which coal ship to buy?

5 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
4,847 battles

Currently debating between the Georgia, Yoshino, Salem, or waiting for the next round of ships.

I have the Jean Bart & Alaska and I know the Zao and DM also match up with the Yoshino and Salem, especially the DM. 

For background, I play all classes, and I enjoy any ship with a unique play style. Based on what I have seen so far, I think this leads me most of all to the Georgia since it's tanky/secondary playstyle (as a USN ship especially) is quite unique for me since I do not have the Massachusetts (hell I never made it past the NY in the American line). I still enjoy the Bismarck (perhaps more now with the 8.5 AA rework) and do not have the Tirp. 

All that said, the Yoshino does look interesting, especially at T10. But a tanky DM with the super heal sounds cool too. Damn you WG, stop making so many neat ships (said no one ever, well its the internet so probably someone but I digress) 

Also, as stated above, trying to comb the web for other upcoming coal ships that might be worth foregoing the above for. Decisions, decisions. 

Please help, OK thanks

[-BUI-]
Members
1,527 posts
4,748 battles

Georgia really isn't very tanky.   Sure, its a secondary ship, but its not tanky like most of the other ones.   You play too aggressively with Georgia you will die very quickly.

[SIM]
Members
4,579 posts
7,589 battles

Georgia isn’t really “tanky,” and her secondaries are mostly there to help out her DPS when she gets into shorter ranged engagements. Trying too hard to leverage her secondary battery often gets your insides scattered across the ocean, as her side armor is kind of poor. Most of the time, she plays more like Iowa than Massachusetts. That said, she does have a pretty significant number of wrinkles that make her feel distinct. 

Members
7 posts
4,847 battles

Thank you both for the info 

Perhaps tanky was the wrong word. (As with the Salem) it was more their heal allowing you to recover from a push I was thinking of but after seeing your replies I also see that perhaps her heal was nerfed since I last looked? 

Also, I do already have my GK and Bismarck to fill that playstyle/role

Regardless, with that info, I am starting to lean more towards the yoshino, as even though it may not have the most unique set of characteristics overall, in terms of the ships I have, it's combination of tier and features are not really duplicated in my port

[WOLFB]
Members
949 posts
31,452 battles

I have them all, and while I like the Salem better than DM (heal) Yoshi is the most unique. It is very fragile and needs a good map to be effective, it is the one that plays different than her "tech tree" cousin. 

Georgia's DPM is a a drawback, and if you are in secondary range, you will be taking damage!

(I prefer Massachusetts over Georgia).

Yoshi and Zao are really very different ships....But then Georgia is also  different than the tech tree USN BB's.

• Cool 1