Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shadowfigment

Huzzah for Savage Battle !!!

13 comments in this topic

[5IN]
[5IN]
Members
27 posts
11,924 battles

Wargaming you really did it this time! I wanted to say thank you for the new Savage Battle (Rogue Wave) event. I am in love with it. You have created an event that has me hovering on the edge of my chair with excitement. The fast pace and destroyer based combat has been improved upon from the space Torpedobeats event you ran earlier this year. The creativity of adding in the Arms Race and reducing the map border is truly fun and engaging. Please send kudos to the developers and testers that were involved in making this happen.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 6

[O_O]
Members
7,158 posts
18,012 battles

LOL...this is an unpopular opinion around here...but I agree with you!

I think the map is stunning, and the game play is pretty darned fun.  This mode takes some adjustment to play style to be effective, since these ships don't handle like regular DD's.  This mode requires you to get up close and really personal to land effective torpedo hits...launching from a 'safe distance' will yield few hits and fewer kills.  All of the map obstacles add complexity that the previous 'Torpedobeats' space mode didn't have.

I have been enjoying it.  We'll see if I continue to enjoy it for as long as the mission requirements dictate I continue to play.  I almost have all 3 level 2 ships, and I am interested to see how much of an improvement they are over the level 1 boats.  The increased silver earnings should be nice.

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,305 battles

I agree it is fun. You have to learn new tactics to exploit the game mode, nice and refreshing

The only downside has been stuff outside of WG control .

[5IN]
[5IN]
Members
27 posts
11,924 battles

So many battles have had my adrenaline pumping. Fastest paced mode yet. Kudos and keep stuff like this coming. 

Members
283 posts
5,563 battles
2 hours ago, Shadowfigment said:

The fast pace and destroyer based combat has been improved upon from the space Torpedobeats

I'm completely useless at this style of play and so really I shouldn't even open my mouth. Yes I believe it is an improvement and so I  stay away strictly because I don't want to be the dud on the team.

It is the materials and substance layers on the ship models that disturb me.

I know many will say "this is a video game buddy!" But I love and respect all the old girls and the way they looked. I'd even take a paint brush to the rust on the old babies anchor cleats and clean them up If I could.

It hurts to see them running around looking like......well...floating junk yards.

I don't think it is very respectful. There are many old ships that are a work of art...through and through. I just couldn't paint over a work of art.

Hey, my 70th birthday is not too far away. I guess that explains all of this..lol.........cheers!

• Cool 1

[BEA5T]
Members
5,489 posts
25,910 battles

And, we will see the "generational differences" show up.  Pass for me.  Not a quality effort and the mode isn't consistent with what the game uses for it's advertising:  WW2 Naval Combat....    This is a kiddie arcade game mode for kids out of school or established Clans whom have found a game exploit to make money at.

Pass.

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
11,190 posts
19,799 battles

Super fun fast paced, it's great with a full division but can be done with Random teams easily enough. I never had a problem with sync drops and multiple clan divisions like I have read about. It's even fun to watch your div mates, if you happen to die first.

[PVE]
Members
11,190 posts
19,799 battles
19 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

And, we will see the "generational differences" show up

I know what you mean, if the kids don't like the mode, they can just go and play Randoms.

25 minutes ago, ColdwaterCowboy_1 said:

Hey, my 70th birthday is not too far away. I guess that explains all of this..lol.........cheers!

It's not little girl or Kitty cat captains. It's more like Mad Max meets Water World. I'm not 70 for 15 more years and am not a millennial by a long shot. I think Savage  is Great Fun. Have you played it in a division and with voice chat? It really helps to collaborate with the team. Have fun whatever you do.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
283 posts
5,563 battles
17 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

generational differences

Something that I find makes this particular game unique.  Once in a while I have to chuckle when I delete some young person (kid) wondering if he knew his grandfather was at the helm of the boat that just dinged him.

Members
283 posts
5,563 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Have you played it in a division and with voice chat?

You won't like my answer. It reflects some lost traditions. Yes......I have tried div play and I did hang around some clan members for a few weeks (did not join).

Lets just say it was not always easy to get into an honest game. I play solo. I love to win (and I do often enough) but I have learned how to die with dignity.......I am not obsessed with winning.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,618 posts

SnapCrab_NoName_2019-6-29_10-16-46_No-00.png.cd47aa6dc48e57087b2e50e467b107f6.png

I feel this game is kinda like this picture....I think I'm cool...I'm pointing at you to say I'm cool...but its not quite the right size and what is that annoying thing there that is making it look weird and I betya this just got copied from somewhere....

Edited by Anonymous50

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

even if you do poorly, you make decent amount of credit and base xp.    t2 is sweet spot for earning if you don't have premium account. t3  is break even  with premium but earn 200k credit .   good for earning  captain's xp. 

to do the credit mission, you only have to play 5-6x a day with tier 3.    take 30min 

[WOLFA]
Members
435 posts
23,971 battles

28500 hp 3 stars DDs vs 18500hp from one star DD. This mode suck, its boring and UNBALANCED. Like all the latest WG stuff. My opinion. Glad you can enjoy this thing. o7

Sign in to follow this