You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheBishop

new cv's suck

26 comments in this topic

[TKOV]
Members
232 posts

been away for awhile.  came back cause i heard there were new cv's.  wth were you people thinking?  this is HORRIBLE!!!!  sail ANY of my T10 CVs, and my ONE FQ2, squadron gets annihilated BEFORE it ever reaches the target!

if i wanted to go fly planes around instead of captain my ship, i would go play Wrld of wrplns.

guess i will leave for another 6 months.  maybe you fix this $h|t!!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[RAN]
Members
859 posts
10,673 battles

just had a game in a tier 8 shokaku and got the surprisingly high damage of 9k,  shredded by AA 

Im sure all of you will say, "you suck" for those of  you that dont carrier play,  but its just the way carrier play is now, its like hitting your head against a brick wall.  brick wall of AA.  at least BB get to reload every 28-30 seconds and can repair hull and ship parts.  If a carrier plane hits gun turrets, AA guns and torp tubes with HE they should be non repairable just like real life.

Why would anyone aspire to a tier 10 carrier now after the changes is beyond even  thinking about.

Its fun up to tier 6, then at tier 8 you get sucked into tier 10 ships and AA and your vastly outclassed.

Never thought id say this but I think i will sell my carriers tier 8 and above, its just not worth it damage wise and not fun anymore.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Boring 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
28 minutes ago, TheBishop said:

been away for awhile.  came back cause i heard there were new cv's.  wth were you people thinking?  this is HORRIBLE!!!!  sail ANY of my T10 CVs, and my ONE FQ2, squadron gets annihilated BEFORE it ever reaches the target!

if i wanted to go fly planes around instead of captain my ship, i would go play Wrld of wrplns.

guess i will leave for another 6 months.  maybe you fix this $h|t!!

They are more like a new line, I suggest going back to the beginning to relearn them in the "friendlier" tier 4 - 6 environment.

13 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

just had a game in a tier 8 shokaku and got the surprisingly high damage of 9k,  shredded by AA 

Im sure all of you will say, "you suck" for those of  you that dont carrier play,  but its just the way carrier play is now, its like hitting your head against a brick wall.  brick wall of AA.  at least BB get to reload every 28-30 seconds and can repair hull and ship parts.  If a carrier plane hits gun turrets, AA guns and torp tubes with HE they should be non repairable just like real life.

Why would anyone aspire to a tier 10 carrier now after the changes is beyond even  thinking about.

Its fun up to tier 6, then at tier 8 you get sucked into tier 10 ships and AA and your vastly outclassed.

Never thought id say this but I think i will sell my carriers tier 8 and above, its just not worth it damage wise and not fun anymore.

The new AA is brutal but by using the same bag of tricks, dry drops - sling shot - bait them to use their fighter and attack while it is on cool down, that the top CV players use you can be effective even though us mere mortals are not as good at executing them. I just played two Ryujo, a 64k loss and a 59k win and if a relative CV hack like myself can adapt anyone can.

[ASHIP]
Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles
20 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

Good, I'm glad CVs suck now and are hard and unfun to play. Maybe people will stop playing them altogether. It'll the best thing to ever grace this game.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 3

[RBMK]
Members
2,339 posts
36,760 battles
10 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

I have no doubt facing actual effective AA has undoubtedly reduced the fun for CVs. Who wouldn't like dealing damage in this game with near impunity. Alas, the party is over until the next "adjustment".

That said, DDs being the most fragile class regularly are focus fired to death. Cruisers, typically, don't have the armor to mitigate 16-18" AP shells which can send them back to port very quickly. BBs, the most durable, have to contend with incessant fires, torpedo dodging and battling similarly armed and armored BBs. Now, add in CVS being able attack continuously, nearly at will, the game had become too frustrating for many.

So, CVs lose planes more now. Big whip! It simply means new strategies need to be developed, right?

I've had relatively little problem with CVs though I had to make the conscious decision to play way more USN BBs than I had previous to the rework as I felt that was the best platform to absorb the increased damage and have actual AA as most cruisers seemed ineffective post-rework.

I don't believe you will find much sympathy in the forum for your plight.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles
27 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

I have no doubt facing actual effective broken AA has undoubtedly further reduced the fun for CVs. Who wouldn't like dealing damage in this game with near impunity by simply allowing  your game to do all AA countering. Alas, the party is over until the next week "adjustment".

That said, DDs being the most fragile class regularly are focus fired to death after over extending early in the game. Cruisers, typically, don't have the armor to mitigate 16-18" AP shells which can send them back to port very quickly. BBs, the most durable, have to contend with incessant fires, torpedo dodging and battling similarly armed and armored BBs. Now, add in CVS being able attack continuously every 90 seconds, nearly at will, the game had become too frustrating for many once radar was released.

So, CVs lose all planes more now. Big whip whoop! It simply means new strategies need to be developed, right?  CV's are now subject to full suppression by the game with players simply having to hit "battle".

I've had relatively little problem with CVs though I had to make the conscious decision to play way more USN BBs than I had previous to the rework as I felt that was the best platform to absorb the increased damage and have actual AA as most cruisers seemed ineffective post-rework.

I don't believe you will find much sympathy in the forum from the can't / refuse to adapt crowd for your plight.

Modified it a bit for you.

I let a 5 yr old play the game, showed him wasd.  He drove his "cool boat" around getting 42 plane kills doing nothing other than running into another ship and an island.  His potato-esque style play yielded a few secondary hits, zero main battery hits, and 42 plane participation trophies.  He was super stoked feeling like he'd just pulled off a major accomplishment.  I'm sure his elation is / was similar to that of the whine crowd currently.  I'm not sure if they also run and tell their mom's "I shot down forty ten planes".  I'm highly considering making a YT video of it so we can all see just where exactly the skill floor is for countering CVs as of right now.  It's undoubtedly 5yr old approved.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
14,357 posts
20,908 battles
1 hour ago, TheBishop said:

o wow, 0.8.0 was great for CVs.

0.8.0.1 to now, meh, I dont like he in game role of the CV... Enjoy that time off...

[RBMK]
Members
2,339 posts
36,760 battles
1 hour ago, NoSoMo said:

Modified it a bit for you.

I let a 5 yr old play the game, showed him wasd.  He drove his "cool boat" around getting 42 plane kills doing nothing other than running into another ship and an island.  His potato-esque style play yielded a few secondary hits, zero main battery hits, and 42 plane participation trophies.  He was super stoked feeling like he'd just pulled off a major accomplishment.  I'm sure his elation is / was similar to that of the whine crowd currently.  I'm not sure if they also run and tell their mom's "I shot down forty ten planes".  I'm highly considering making a YT video of it so we can all see just where exactly the skill floor is for countering CVs as of right now.  It's undoubtedly 5yr old approved.

I have no doubt facing actual effective broken AA [broken=surface ships no longer defenseless] has undoubtedly further reduced the fun for CVs. Who wouldn't like dealing damage in this game with near impunity by simply allowing  your game to do all AA countering [many have argued for a non-RNG AA mechanic]. Alas, the party is over until the next week "adjustment".

That said, DDs being the most fragile class regularly are focus fired to death after over extending early in the game. Cruisers, typically, don't have the armor to mitigate 16-18" AP shells which can send them back to port very quickly. BBs, the most durable, have to contend with incessant fires, torpedo dodging and battling similarly armed and armored BBs. Now, add in CVS being able attack continuously every 90 seconds [I've watched streams and videos that invalidate this assertion], nearly at will, the game had become too frustrating for many once radar was released.[had WG removed OWSF earlier and altered the smoke firing easy mode in lieu of introducing radar things would be different]

So, CVs lose all planes more now. Big whip whoop! It simply means new strategies need to be developed, right?  CV's are now subject to full suppression by the game with players simply having to hit "battle". [Apparently everyone didn't get the memo as I've had CVs for and against who've still placed very high in the post-battle standings on their teams since the patch]

I don't believe you will find much sympathy in the forum from the can't / refuse to adapt [hmmm....where have I heard the "adapt" call before, oh yeah, CV players in response to surface ship player posts] crowd for your plight.

I don't think WG has the capability to balance CVs regardless of how they are implemented (RTS, etc.). CVs broke the naval warfare paradigm IRL and in this game as well. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[RAN]
Members
859 posts
10,673 battles
9 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

US BBs are the best platform to farm increased damage you mean as  you cant get any sort of damage to the same level of a BB now in a carrier

not to mention the guns that fire continuously without being damaged by aircraft bombs and rockets, but they can be by artillery shells and AA shells continuously from ships. Bombs will penetrate but not destroy.  That is my experience

Edited by DevilD0g

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
12 hours ago, TheBishop said:

:|

[-BUI-]
Members
2,708 posts
7,103 battles
11 hours ago, goldeagle1123 said:

Good, I'm glad CVs suck now and are hard and unfun to play. Maybe people will stop playing them altogether. It'll the best thing to ever grace this game.

Cause the no-spotting meta of everyone camping is just so much fun....

• Cool 2

[ASHIP]
Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles
48 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Cause the no-spotting meta of everyone camping is just so much fun....

That isn't even what's going on, and even if that were the case, hell yeah I'd take that over CVs. It's not like CVs even spotted after the rework, they would for maybe 20 seconds while they did their strike but then they'd just fly off.

• Boring 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,708 posts
7,103 battles
10 minutes ago, goldeagle1123 said:

That isn't even what's going on, and even if that were the case, hell yeah I'd take that over CVs. It's not like CVs even spotted after the rework, they would for maybe 20 seconds while they did their strike but then they'd just fly off.

So you just have no clue how CVs even operate then do you?   "They just fly off"....they have to return to the carrier to launch another group, during that time, the spotting goes away.   Its fundamental to how the class is currently designed.    Try playing the class and get a basic understanding of how it works before you [edited] about it.

It never fails that the biggest complainers have no clue how the class even works. 

Edited by Zenn3k
  • Cool 3

[NG-NL]
Members
6,611 posts
10,993 battles

WG is taking forever to get CVs balanced. All they had to do was revert to 0.8.0 CV, adjust AA so it's reasonably effective in full AA build (drop entire squadron in 10-25 seconds, adjusted for tier since plane speed and travel distance), and done.

But instead they're insisting on this. Anti-CV faction merely got very vocal and desiring revenge (which is not appropriate behavior). Most divisive I've ever seen. Basically lost confidence WG even knows what they're doing--making CVs easier for average players to use effectively was all they needed to accomplish, not make it OP at spotting and smacking then gradually nerfing CVs every month. It's hard to think WG takes constructive feedback seriously when no indication any of our reasonable solutions (suggested a few AA changes myself since flak, for example, is deadliest vs. planes when it hits) have been considered.

In the end, we're stuck watching it roll along. A tiny minority went co-op because somehow it's more upsetting to get touched by a CV when aside from Detonations or lucky AP DB citadels, they do far less damage in same time than a DD, CR, or BB can do. A couple ragequitters here and there. From the posted #s of games played since rework on Steam and all, the rework breathed new life into the game despite what the raging minority claimed otherwise.

if remember correctly this is the second overnerf to CVs. First was a bugged AA DPS (T8+ ships) in 0.8.0.2 or so that evaporated all planes. Now it's made Aircraft Armor, Last Gasp, and AR captain skills pointless as well increasing aircraft losses. SE has low value since continuous AA only focuses one plane now.

Notser's last analysis states hey, if CV's got to choose his target and timing more like a DD uses torps, it'd arguably be better for the game. That could be workable, but plane regen will need a buff since it's easy for average players to get deplaned even w/ attacking empty sea. Personally, WG needs to figure out their vision: CV relegated to spotting or actually doing damage to sway the match? Or what? All the changes are making it muddy. Makes WG look unsure what the rework should be looking like.

Also, anti-CV faction w/ few exceptions have not tried the class they hate, so their opinions are not fully informed. It's made it needlessly harder to find a decent middle ground between both factions. That and WG's continued sledgehammer changes promise no reasonable middle ground. I've given up that ever happening and just sit back enjoying the drama.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[ARR0W]
Members
4,244 posts
26,694 battles

The DD guys got about five or six direct or indirect nerfs in a row a year or so ago, and got told "lrn 2 play" and "git gud", and they were not leading in four or five performance areas as CVs have been lately. The nerfs were a response to some statistical problems, but mostly to complaints about the "game experience". Sound familiar? 

CVs have a few nerfs to go to match that, but that's not going to happen because it looks like a plane buff is upcoming.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[USFF]
Members
434 posts
6,993 battles
On 6/28/2019 at 10:23 PM, goldeagle1123 said:

They are still good enough for me to come sink you. Lol.

[ASHIP]
Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles
17 minutes ago, Shinzon1 said:

They are still good enough for me to come sink you. Lol.

I haven't been sunk by a CV since the patch. In fact I've been having a good time turning planes into flaming comets in my Yoshino, lol.

[SOAR]
Members
317 posts
5,146 battles

Cruiser suck to play now too. So few CV's in the matches, your AA build (no free captain reset btw) makes that build junk.

No need to actually group up anymore. Just solo yolo like before.

AA cover? No thanks cruiser! DD can melt every plane within 7km.

So you just go back to the old hide behind the island, hit radar (if your line has it) and try to burn down BB's while playing your ship class like a whack a mole game.

Forward and back, back and forward, until you or they die, then back in to line for next game pl0x.

[USFF]
Members
434 posts
6,993 battles
2 hours ago, MajesticTwelve said:

Cruiser suck to play now too. So few CV's in the matches, your AA build (no free captain reset btw) makes that build junk.

No need to actually group up anymore. Just solo yolo like before.

AA cover? No thanks cruiser! DD can melt every plane within 7km.

So you just go back to the old hide behind the island, hit radar (if your line has it) and try to burn down BB's while playing your ship class like a whack a mole game.

Forward and back, back and forward, until you or they die, then back in to line for next game pl0x.

Ill try and help out by playing more CV, lol. No promises though.

Members
597 posts
30,289 battles
On 6/28/2019 at 8:46 PM, TheBishop said:

Yep.  CVs are SO BAD no one can do more than a few thousand points damage per battle.

Oh wait, it just took a couple of days or so for the bounty to be collected.  Could it be those complaining need to figure out a few things first?

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,270 posts
8,371 battles
On 6/29/2019 at 10:20 AM, Zenn3k said:

So you just have no clue how CVs even operate then do you?   "They just fly off"....they have to return to the carrier to launch another group, during that time, the spotting goes away.   Its fundamental to how the class is currently designed.    Try playing the class and get a basic understanding of how it works before you [edited] about it.

It never fails that the biggest complainers have no clue how the class even works. 

Or don't actually play at all,  just clog up the forums with garbage....  Seems to be a common theme when you check the stats of the most consistent CV hate crowd.  the other half you can just about go into their stats and find a nice purple stat in some kind of ship they farm randoms in....  Which of course is just fine since they are...... you know floaty gunships..