You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Iron_Salvo921

Jutland Nerf

12 comments in this topic

[UTWE]
Members
417 posts
8,160 battles

Just voicing my opinions on the upcoming Jutland nerf. WG is nerving Jutland's reload from 3.5sec to 4sec. I think this is a huge mistake, Jutland is one my favourite ships, probably 2nd or 3rd favourite but now I'm gonna enjoy it much less. I don't think it needs a nerf, its' guns were fun not OP, they were equal to something like Fletcher or Kitakaze's guns but now they're inferior. Because of this nerf I'm gonna have to grind my current commander on her to 18-points just because I now need AFT to get its reload down to what it is now without AFT. I was happy with my current build so I didn't need to grind the commander all the way to max. I honestly would've been mostly fine with WG nerving any other aspect of the ship like its' torpedo reload, or gun range, or even AA! I am very upset with this nerf and hope but doubt that they will change it sometime in the future.

[O7]
Members
481 posts
30,851 battles
15 minutes ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

Just voicing my opinions on the upcoming Jutland nerf. WG is nerving Jutland's reload from 3.5sec to 4sec. I think this is a huge mistake, Jutland is one my favourite ships, probably 2nd or 3rd favourite but now I'm gonna enjoy it much less. I don't think it needs a nerf, its' guns were fun not OP, they were equal to something like Fletcher or Kitakaze's guns but now they're inferior. Because of this nerf I'm gonna have to grind my current commander on her to 18-points just because I now need AFT to get its reload down to what it is now without AFT. I was happy with my current build so I didn't need to grind the commander all the way to max. I honestly would've been mostly fine with WG nerving any other aspect of the ship like its' torpedo reload, or gun range, or even AA! I am very upset with this nerf and hope but doubt that they will change it sometime in the future.

It did need a slight nerf but 0.5s is a bit much. There's another really strong t9 dd that needs a wack with the nerf bat first (looking at you kita).

• Cool 2

[UTWE]
Members
417 posts
8,160 battles
1 minute ago, eagle_lance said:

It did need a slight nerf but 0.5s is a bit much. There's another really strong t9 dd that needs a wack with the nerf bat first (looking at you kita).

Yes I wouldn't mind a slight nerf but 0.5sec is a lot! and yes Kita needs a nerf.

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,706 battles

You mean BFT, not AFT. AFT increases range.

Personally, I don't care about it, however, the T9 DD that needs a solid smack with the nerf bat is Kitakaze, and I say that as a clubbing owner of one. It's hilariously, if it's on your team, OP. Not on your team, it isn't quite as funny. I handled a couple in my Jutland last night, but that's the exception, not the rule. Black can handle it well, with radar/smoke/sea mine torpedoes, but it's a premium.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,896 posts
24,786 battles
59 minutes ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

BFT for reload.

Retired WoWS Community Contributors
3,499 posts
14,015 battles

It needed it.  

I still think Daring and Jutland are strong enough as released they didnt need repair.  They just have too many tools.  Rather than remove DPM just remove the repair, that should be very rare on a DD, and is pretty broken how you can derp around DDs without it and still win.

More importantly this pretty much paves the road for Daring to get nerfed as well.

Kitakaze is the number one on my list for a nerf.  Just raise the concealment to 6.1.

Members
6,310 posts
8,165 battles
35 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Kitakaze is the number one on my list for a nerf.  Just raise the concealment to 6.1.

Why ruin a DD like that when WG could just change their HE pen to 1/5th, instead of 1/4th, like it should have been when they chose to buff it from the start?

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles
2 hours ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

I think this is a huge mistake, Jutland is one my favourite ships, probably 2nd or 3rd favourite but now I'm gonna enjoy it much less.

Wow! Dat logic!

2 hours ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

I don't think it needs a nerf, its' guns were fun not OP, they were equal to something like Fletcher or Kitakaze's guns but now they're inferior.

If we talk about Fletcher comparison, then Jutland had 9% greater HE DPM (174k vs 161k), while also having higher base HP, heal and better base detection. Oh, and hydro... And fast-reload smokes. Which part of this seems balanced to you?

3,499 posts
14,015 battles
2 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Why ruin a DD like that when WG could just change their HE pen to 1/5th, instead of 1/4th, like it should have been when they chose to buff it from the start?

Because then you need to rebalance all three, which then opens up issues of rebalancing DDs at other tiers.  Akizuki and Harugumo both give up a lot for that pen potential, Kitakaze stands out as not giving up much.  

I assure you Kitakaze is not going to suffer much at 6.1km concealment, but it gives things like Fletcher a chance at counter play which is the real issue.  Even if you nerfed the pen you still end up with a Kita that absolutely obliterates Fletcher with no room for counter play as there is in other DDs facing superior gun boats.  

Daring vs Gearing is another example of this, but at least Gearing can outrun Daring, its not as close with Kita and Fletcher, esp if Fletcher is running DF.

• Cool 1

[R-SKY]
Members
65 posts
19,877 battles

New to the UK DD line and now have a tier 8 (had loads of free xp). Whats the best 19 pts capt build for the t8, t9, and t10?

[UTWE]
Members
417 posts
8,160 battles
On 6/28/2019 at 7:51 PM, geser98 said:

Wow! Dat logic!

If we talk about Fletcher comparison, then Jutland had 9% greater HE DPM (174k vs 161k), while also having higher base HP, heal and better base detection. Oh, and hydro... And fast-reload smokes. Which part of this seems balanced to you?

I wasn't saying I thought it was balanced just because I like it. Also calm down man I'm just a random guy on the internet no need to get so passionate about something like this lol.

3,499 posts
14,015 battles
5 hours ago, HolyWaterCow said:

New to the UK DD line and now have a tier 8 (had loads of free xp). Whats the best 19 pts capt build for the t8, t9, and t10?

Lightning No RPF

Lightning with RPF

Jutland/Daring RPF Build

Jutland/Daring max survival

• Cool 1