Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
verkhne

PSA: Benham Hamster Wheel

11 comments in this topic

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
446 posts
10,908 battles

If you have started this ride consider, you need to optimize savage battles and daily mission fuel ( think it is fuel? so many special event resources..). Savage Battles win rate is lower than normal(4 teams) So the hamster Wheel involves playing savage battles til a win is required for "Daily Missions" then play a quick coop game for your win. If lucky you will get 4/4 wins in coop mode to satisfy daily mission, bang out xp as required in savage battles. Trying to use random for wins may be frustrating and who knows re wins in Savage battles!

There the next 25 days of your life planned out! thanks WG!

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles

One detail you're missing (this tripped me up at first too) is that the last 4 parts of the daily missions require a win AND exp earned IN A WIN.  For example the last segment requires a win and 1300 xp earned in a win.  So earning 800 xp in a savage battle loss does nothing for you.  You've either got to grind it out in coop, in which case that's probably 3-5 decent battles for that last segment alone, or you've got to play a mode that awards more xp but is harder to win.  1300 xp in a winning random battle is not too hard to get but even the best players can have losing streaks that will drag these things out. 

[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
9,100 posts
7,995 battles

Winning in Savage Battles is no art, all you need is a division of semi-decent players. No need for teamwork or anything, just do your thing and you'll get wins en masse (and with the T3 boats 300-500k Credits per match if kitted out properly).

Spoiler

shot-19_06.29_01_15.29-0281.thumb.jpg.0c02b429f3ec3cf8c81a9acd3af8a9bf.jpg

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
13,905 battles
7 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Winning in Savage Battles is no art, all you need is a division of semi-decent players. No need for teamwork or anything, just do your thing and you'll get wins en masse (and with the T3 boats 300-500k Credits per match if kitted out properly).

Reveal hidden contents

shot-19_06.29_01_15.29-0281.thumb.jpg.0c02b429f3ec3cf8c81a9acd3af8a9bf.jpg

That works until the randoms get disillusioned and games have 4 teams of 3 player divs. Last night I played with one friend, and despite one random, and me in a one star boat, we were able to get a 50% win rate. We tended to lose when up against multiple 3 player div teams.

[RLGN]
Members
16,845 posts
29,513 battles

Except I plan to completely ignore this event?

Even considering turning it off in-port to ignore it completely even more.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
7,589 posts
27 minutes ago, verkhne said:

There the next 25 days of your life planned out! thanks WG!

I hope they release the numbers on this event (the number of people that earned the Benham, and Hill).  I think people getting the hill is a reasonable goal.  The Benham, I bet a small number of people will grind that hard, not this time of year.

[KRAK]
Members
3,727 posts
22,592 battles
23 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I hope they release the numbers on this event (the number of people that earned the Benham, and Hill).  I think people getting the hill is a reasonable goal.  The Benham, I bet a small number of people will grind that hard, not this time of year.

The daily missions for fuel are quite ridiculous. The first one was not so difficult but the second one where you have to earn 1.5 million credits 4x and god knows what the 5th part requires as I have not looked. I have had multiple 5 kill matches and never earned more than 170k credits in any of them and that's with a premium time account. The dailies are stacked against you most likely to try and frustrate you into spending the ridiculous amount of money WG asks for crates to acquire fuel. Anyone spending 200 plus dollars for this ship has a screw loose.

[RLGN]
Members
16,845 posts
29,513 battles

Boring vote all someone wants.

Better things to do than waste time on an event that sounds more grindy with each new post, in a format I dislike, on a single map that is overrun with divisions and sync droppers.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Even considering turning it off in-port to ignore it completely even more.

Please tell me how to do that !

:Smile_honoring:

[RLGN]
Members
16,845 posts
29,513 battles
36 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Please tell me how to do that !

The little gear lower right in port where you can turn off ARP and stuff, not sure if it turns off/removes the missions, may just block the ships and captains.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles
34 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The little gear lower right in port where you can turn off ARP and stuff, not sure if it turns off/removes the missions, may just block the ships and captains.

Ok . Thank you .

Sign in to follow this