You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
niceStove

What is the point of plane healz now?

47 comments in this topic

Members
30 posts
6,558 battles

I am not sure what the point is of the torp plane heal ability when it is the last plane getting focused fired. Before the planes would be a mix of green, yellow and red and now all are green and the last plane just goes greed to black in an instant while the rest are green. Then the next plane goes from green to black etc. etc. Why bother having the heal if it is for just one maybe two planes?

I also notices the aiming circle is much more sensitive when making minor adjustments.

At this point I just make one run and hit F as there is no point to make a 2nd run or try to escape. AA has flipped to be too powerful, especially since it is a zero skill ability.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
4 minutes ago, lucas1899 said:

You can’t dodge a circle of constant damage.

Have you ever seen Scanners?

• Funny 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,966 posts
23,360 battles

They're planning on rebalancing the AA numbers using this weekend's data:

But yes, the heal consumable is fundamentally broken now, it's only useful if you eat a flak cloud, or time it just right to offset some fighter damage. Adrenaline rush is also broken for related reasons.

Edited by Edgecase
  • Cool 1

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

As mentioned above the recent change to AA in 0.8.5 while accomplishing it's goal (consistent DPS) may be more efficient than preferred.  We've certainly seen feedback about the Repair consumable as well and as data is reviewed next week adjustments could be made based on that data. 

It was a major change and we know possibly jarring (especially if you are newer to CVs) so please bear with us as we make any necessary adjustments.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[GGWP]
Privateers
7,657 posts
18,562 battles
1 minute ago, Radar_X said:

please bear with us as we make any necessary adjustments.

That only works for so long. 

• Cool 8

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
2,039 posts
14,276 battles
2 hours ago, Pytheas said:

Just dodge AA

Tell you what, let me fly the planes like I can in WOWP with the mouse in all three axis's and I will show you smarmy water cancer players what a real attack plane can do....

• Funny 2
  • Boring 3

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
2,039 posts
14,276 battles
1 hour ago, C14Alpha said:

Why are you playing WOWS if you think WOWP is so superior?

Because one is a plane game and one is a warship game.  Surely you could have figured that out on your own.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,710 battles
3 hours ago, comtedumas said:

Tell you what, let me fly the planes like I can in WOWP with the mouse in all three axis's and I will show you smarmy water cancer players what a real attack plane can do....

You still can't dodge a continuous damage aura....

[-BUI-]
Members
2,708 posts
7,103 battles
3 hours ago, Radar_X said:

As mentioned above the recent change to AA in 0.8.5 while accomplishing it's goal (consistent DPS) may be more efficient than preferred.  We've certainly seen feedback about the Repair consumable as well and as data is reviewed next week adjustments could be made based on that data. 

It was a major change and we know possibly jarring (especially if you are newer to CVs) so please bear with us as we make any necessary adjustments.

The fact you pushed through a mostly untested major change that fundamentally broke the entire class, while independently breaking the Torpedo heal consumable and a captain skill speaks volumes about the competence of the development team.

You didn't even CONSIDER the impact on the heal, that much is clear, nor the impact on Adrenaline Rush.   Not even a thought, just a "lets push this through and see what happens" approach to game design.   

This is impressive levels of incompetence.   

If you need dedicated testers, I'm looking for some new work, I can do better in 5 hours than your current test team (assuming one even exists, which seems unlikely at this point) is capable of doing in month.    Anyone who played even ONE game of CV post 8.5 could have figured out heal was broken.   Anyone capable of reading a health bar could figure out AR was broken by 8.5.    How are these things missed?   The only explanation is:  It wasn't even looked at.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,309 posts
4 hours ago, Radar_X said:

It was not a major change it was another CV rework! Cv rework part 2 and when will be part 3?

People who bought already when you said cv are good to go now another rework.

You kind of see the problem??????

• Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
1,355 posts
26,866 battles

T10 CV planes are still severely OP even with the new 8.5 AA patch, if anything WG need to further improve AA efficiency, reduce plane's HP, reduce hanger size, and reduce AP dive bombers and torpedoes damage.

I have 10 (ten) T8~T10 CV that i play regularly and i approved the above message.

CVs.JPG

Edited by Xcalib3r
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
4 hours ago, comtedumas said:

I found your post funny but I must admit I dodged it

[-BUI-]
Members
2,708 posts
7,103 battles
13 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

T10 CV planes are still severely OP even with the new 8.5 AA patch, if anything WG need to further improve AA efficiency, reduce plane's HP, reduce hanger size, and reduce AP dive bombers and torpedoes damage.

I have 10 (ten) T8~T10 CV that i play regularly and i approved the above message.

CVs.JPG

Your stats with those CVs are pretty bad.    You reek of someone who is only playing them because you thought it was be EZ-MODE, did poorly, and now just wants them removed entirely.    I see through you.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[UEFN]
Members
1,355 posts
26,866 battles
39 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Your stats with those CVs are pretty bad.    You reek of someone who is only playing them because you thought it was be EZ-MODE, did poorly, and now just wants them removed entirely.    I see through you.

I am average to above average in majority of my CV, your snake oil salesman tactic isn't going to work when you  are trying to convince people that all CV players are going to have above 60% winrate.  I know your type!

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,272 posts
8,377 battles
5 hours ago, Radar_X said:

Can someone at WG enlighten us as to why all these patches swings balance/direction so drastically?   Every single patch and correction swings the pendulum from wildly broken at one end to drastically broken on the other.. along with crazy shifts in mechanics.   Is there no such thing as minor adjustments there? It really seems at times like no small incremental balancing adjustments are actually tried to mechanics in place.....they just keep changing direction to another idea...and then breaking it and changing direction.   I seriously have no clue how useful data could be garnered using the 40 lb sledgehammer you guys have applied haphazardly to every single CV/AA adjustment since January? 

• Cool 1

Members
362 posts
5,962 battles
52 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

I doubt it. He has old Taiho, so he was playing them long before the rework. 

[-BUI-]
Members
2,708 posts
7,103 battles
17 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

I am average to above average in majority of my CV, your snake oil salesman tactic isn't going to work when you  are trying to convince people that all CV players are going to have above 60% winrate.  I know your type!

That red 900-ish PR in your Hak is decidedly below average.    I don't think you know what "snake oil" means.   You do pretty badly in CVs (I think I'm decent at them, and my stats blow yours away) and you think they should be even worse than they are right now.   You clearly have another motive in mind, and balancing the CV isn't it.

Edited by Zenn3k
  • Cool 1

[NSEW]
Members
2,585 posts
12,112 battles
1 hour ago, Harathan said:

We've been bearing with you for six months. This excuse is getting a bit thin even to those of us who aren't rabidly anti-CV.

Hear hear!

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,393 battles
8 hours ago, lucas1899 said:

You can’t dodge a circle of constant damage.

Don't fly into the circle.  Find a different circle that doesn't hurt as much.  

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
2,039 posts
14,276 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

You still can't dodge a continuous damage aura....

Depending on the plane, I won’t have to.  

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,221 posts
27,001 battles
1 hour ago, comtedumas said:

Depending on the plane, I won’t have to.  

I do miss Low Level Bombing with A26B.

Is that even a valid route still?  Last I played a while ago, there were changes implemented to discourage that, but I still did it.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway