You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GRIMLOCK__

PSA: Daily Mission Credit Rewards Good for Savage Battle Credit Progress

20 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
2,618 posts

Make sure you do your credit rewards while in Savage Battle, if possible.  Potatoes like me should certainly do the first 2 rewards which don't require us to actually win.  (I've won once in 10 battles)

All helps in that 10 million Savage Battle credit grind

[ARGSY]
Members
25,533 posts
19,680 battles

You make a good point here. It's important to plan out which tasks you do and when you do them so that you can double-dip whenever possible. 

The same thing applies tomorrow night (and all dates ending in 4 and 9), when XP, Free XP and captain XP are on offer, though I would be sure to be in a tech-tree ship I am grinding when the ship XP bonuses drop.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles
2 hours ago, Anonymous50 said:

(I've won once in 10 battles)

The best part about Savage Battles is that, unlike Ranked battles, it's still fun to play even when you lose.

• Cool 3

[WOLFC]
Members
2,618 posts
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

The best part about Savage Battles is that, unlike Ranked battles, it's still fun to play even when you lose.

As a DD main, I enjoy it - knife fighitng and all.

BUT the 3rd round of directives is going to be a demolition derby - one of the quests is ramming - that is going to completely change the meta.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,961 posts
23,301 battles
2 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

BUT the 3rd round of directives is going to be a demolition derby - one of the quests is ramming - that is going to completely change the meta.

:Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena::Smile_izmena:

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles
54 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

I'm not seeing this ramming directive.  Where is it at?

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,544 posts
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

I'm not seeing this ramming directive.  Where is it at?

3rd directive, 5th mission down.

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

I think this mixed with the time investment makes this mode really appeal to a lot of folks (myself included).  It does take some getting used to if you don't frequent DDs (it's really fast) but definitely breaks up the day to day battles in Random. 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,533 posts
19,680 battles
2 hours ago, Anonymous50 said:

It's going to spill a lot of salt too, given that ramming is generally a death sentence for both ships; the only circumstance in which it will be acceptable is if your team is whole vs. a couple of other survivors. 

[SLI]
9,544 posts
41 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

I think this mixed with the time investment makes this mode really appeal to a lot of folks (myself included).  It does take some getting used to if you don't frequent DDs (it's really fast) but definitely breaks up the day to day battles in Random. 

@Radar_X

Events like this are some of my favorite that WG does.  A path to invest in and a termed goal to work toward. Not just handed to the player.  Something that WG can certainty make some money on but, can be done for free if the player really wants to dig in and get rewarded for their effort.

I really enjoy these.

• Cool 3

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,665 battles
33 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's going to spill a lot of salt too, given that ramming is generally a death sentence for both ships; the only circumstance in which it will be acceptable is if your team is whole vs. a couple of other survivors. 

SE and ramming flag, baby. :Smile_trollface:

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,878 posts
24,718 battles
8 hours ago, Radar_X said:

But exp earnings are low.

[SLI]
9,544 posts
12 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

But exp earnings are low.

While some of the missions do require XP,  you are going to get what you need along the way while on the credit grind.  Also, they aren't your captains, the only xp you get to "take with you" after the event is over, is the elite captain xp.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,878 posts
24,718 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

While some of the missions do require XP,  you are going to get what you need along the way while on the credit grind.  Also, they aren't your captains, the only xp you get to "take with you" after the event is over, is the elite captain xp.

Yes, but it would have been nice to have higher exp, credit earnings than coop makes.

[SLI]
9,544 posts
37 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Yes, but it would have been nice to have higher exp, credit earnings than coop makes.

It can be ok.  No flags or anything.

shot-19.06.28_20.59.43-0589.jpg

shot-19.06.28_22.25.46-0041.jpg

240 posts
135 battles
19 hours ago, Radar_X said:

The missions as they are now aare basically "How to encourage Botting 101"

• Funny 1

[BTLST]
Members
817 posts
12,865 battles

Truthfully this is not my cup of tea type of battle.   BUT it is a gold mine for generating Elite Captain Skill Points so I am playing it to increase that invaluable and hard to attain skill points.

Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,362 battles
On 6/28/2019 at 11:31 AM, Ace_04 said:

I dont think is fun "lose" again and again and again and again... even in savage battles...

[RAGE]
Members
428 posts
7,652 battles
On 6/28/2019 at 7:34 AM, Anonymous50 said:

I think many players, including myself, will skip the ramming mission and shoot down 100 planes instead.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,878 posts
24,718 battles
On 6/28/2019 at 10:16 PM, Burnsy said:

It can be ok.  No flags or anything.

shot-19.06.28_20.59.43-0589.jpg

shot-19.06.28_22.25.46-0041.jpg

I believe the 1st set of ships earn less.

But that stealth dd is so awesome. 

I put torp accel on those and my it rakes in the credits.