CriMiNaL__

We Need Subs Now

66 comments in this topic

[RBMK]
Beta Testers
3,806 posts
14,748 battles

Hurry up weegee, don't you have a line ready for us yet, you have spent far to much time on the CV, that you are neglecting the player base that wants their subs

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,280 battles

I think regardless of whether you like or hate carriers, most people would agree that adding submarines to the game as it currently is would be equivalent to beginning renovations on a house prior to all the poison clearing out from fumigating for bugs. They're just computer bugs and balance issues in this case.

• Boring 2

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,634 posts
4,774 battles

So what started all this sudden interest in subs?  I count a half threads just this evening.  I see nothing in the Dev posts...

Beta Testers
1,831 posts
30 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

So what started all this sudden interest in subs?  I count a half threads just this evening.  I see nothing in the Dev posts...

there was some decent hints on the CC summit stream

0 posts
3 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Hurry up weegee, don't you have a line ready for us yet, you have spent far to much time on the CV, that you are neglecting the player base that wants their subs

damn right! We feel neglected.

• Boring 1

[KMK]
Members
218 posts
14,481 battles

Sorry dont agree, CVs not fixed yet and you want subs???? mmmm....NO.

And you cant invoke the player base.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,198 posts
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

The video of course... and my saying "can't wait to get my grubby little hands on one to make life miserable for all those anti-cv players" played absolutely no part in the threads, none what so ever.. 

I really do want to "take it to the people" but I'm thinking their thinking will be starting out with operations type junk, not ready for prime time... Hope I'm wrong on that point. 

[SYN]
Members
1,427 posts
11,334 battles
4 hours ago, iDuckman said:

It was a nice respite.  

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,562 battles
4 hours ago, iDuckman said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/naval-legends-uss-cod-trailer/

Members
60 posts
4,256 battles

Yes there should be subs, but they need to double the map size.

Subs start at the very edge of the map.

10km top speed 5 under water, max distance for torps 6km, max speed for torps 55.

Ship Visible on surface by sea 14km, submerged detectable at 6km.

Torps visible in water at 4km.

Planes have sub finding torps and depth-charges.

Surface ships have sonar ranged out to 8km, all cruisers & dd's sonar built in and needs no consumables to use.

Depth-charges are unlimited, 8km range.

Total time for subs submerged 3min, then they have to recharge the air supply 5min on the surface.

I know I'm missing something but can't think of right now.

Edited by rkBlamerson
  • Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
6 hours ago, iDuckman said:

All the kids are out of school for the summer.

And yes, that is precisely what I think of everyone demanding that WG go from the mistakes of the rework directly into destroying the game entirely with submarines.  It's just a bunch of children screaming in the back seat about how they want ice cream, who won't shut up until they get it, and then they're going to make a mess all over the car and themselves, and not give a damn, because they got their effing ice cream. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,634 posts
4,774 battles

Edited by iDuckman

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

And yes, that is precisely what I think of everyone demanding that WG go from the mistakes of the rework directly into destroying the game entirely with submarines.  It's just a bunch of children screaming in the back seat about how they want ice cream, who won't shut up until they get it, and then they're going to make a mess all over the car and themselves, and not give a damn, because they got their effing ice cream. 

Rework already destroyed it. We are just playing the string out.

[TORCH]
Members
790 posts
20,353 battles
9 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

NOOOOOOooooooooo…….

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,272 posts
18,878 battles

Yes please!

Members
618 posts
3,415 battles

No way I'm spending money on the game while the threat of subs hangs over everything. At a minimum, subs would scramble game balance and class roles. It might also scramble nation balance and tier sweet spots. And of course, it could make the game completely unenjoyable.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,398 posts
10,713 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Or worse, decide that the ice cream wasn't the flavour they wanted, mush it into the seats, and since it's not worth the effort to get the sour milk smell out of the seats, the car rots in the driveway while the kids get a new car to ride in.

[N0KAP]
[N0KAP]
Members
173 posts
11,561 battles

image.png.f50ef44bf6de4c1952479675eba86577.png

I'm just glad the player base can finally agree on.... oh. Never mind.

Members
1,532 posts
7,165 battles

We do not need subs, but what we do need is the down vote brought back!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
9,254 posts
13,961 battles

well, unless WG gives them insane buffs to speed, theyll be outrun by just about everything in the game even when theyre surfaced

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

well, unless WG gives them insane buffs to speed, theyll be outrun by just about everything in the game even when theyre surfaced

The subeggars seem immune to this inconvenient fact, by way of a mix of "but they adjust other ships!" and "but late-war high-speed subs!" exaggerations

[HINON]
Members
9,254 posts
13,961 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

The subeggars seem immune to this inconvenient fact, by way of a mix of "but they adjust other ships!" and "but late-war high-speed subs!" exaggerations

if by "high speed" they mean "struggling to even get 25 knots when surfaced" sure, nuclear subs could probably hit 27 or over, im not sure, but i doubt we'd see a nuclear submarine in a line

*edit* just looked it up, and the fastest sub of WW2 was only able to hit 25 knots surfaced, the Japanese I-201 class submarines

Edited by tcbaker777

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,272 posts
18,878 battles
8 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Since the Halloween event WG has hinted ad the coming of subs. We all knew that this would be after the CV rework was done. CV's are getting closer to the final version. Then WG released this video: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/naval-legends-uss-cod-trailer/

So increased the speculation of those of who have been following this since before launch. Is WG warming us up for the potential introduction?

the office yes GIF