Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

WG, let players know you CARE about botting, extremely inappropriate behavior, etc.

8 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts

Today I encountered JF in a Savage Battle. He sailed straight ahead, rammed an island, and later got torped (apparently botting). (Not called JF anymore, of course. Following forum rules here.)

Later today, I encountered a teammate who said pretty mean things in another Savage Battle (replay attached). Yet, I won't report him or JF in a support ticket.

Why? I get the feeling WG doesn't care about addressing these players. And many in the community echo these feelings. Frankly, this is the wrong sentiment and needs to be corrected. No need to post player punishments. But great need to show you care and do do something.

Oh, and Player 2 dropped a nice PM for me:

[Transcript of PM. I posted an image earlier but forgot to censor the "small" player name while censoring the "big" player name. My bad!]

[APTHY][censored]: https://na.wows-numbers.com/player

[APTHY][censored]: premium accounts see all stats, including hidden players

[APTHY][censored]: enjoy

I didn't reply. Well, thanks for taking the time to message me! New here and still learning. That's constructive feedback.

20190627_214330_PXSD013-Z-52-PA_e08_PostApocalypse.wowsreplay

Edited by henrychenhenry

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
Just now, T1mb3rWo1f said:

They won't do anything if the player is paying bills and he is.

Feelings like these is what I'm talking about... WG, you don't want your players feeling this way do you?

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,654 posts
2,819 battles

So, you want them to do something about it but you won't report it? How the hell are they supposed to do anything about it then?

Supertester
4,268 posts
4,646 battles

I like how you blurred his name once and left it uncensored in the text

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
31 minutes ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

I like how you blurred his name once and left it uncensored in the text

I missed it. :( I will be removing the image and placing a transcript.

[WORX]
Members
14,370 posts
20,934 battles
2 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

Why? I get the feeling WG doesn't care about addressing these players. And many in the community echo these feelings. Frankly, this is the wrong sentiment and needs to be corrected. No need to post player punishments. But great need to show you care and do do something.

Since lack of faith is the reason why you dont ask for an investigation (they do investigate) and/or take action... Those of us in the know dont need a sign to have faith, it works.

People cheat aim bot is used constently... WG does wih evidence take it serious. 

Other then a public "these are the aim botter actions" I dont know what more you would like

Edited by Navalpride33

[RBRDK]
Members
1,205 posts
7,438 battles

Today I encountered JF in a Savage Battle. He sailed straight ahead, rammed an island, and later got torped (apparently botting). (Not called JF anymore, of course. Following forum rules here.)

It's possible that "JF" got disconnected or their WoWs client crashed to desktop shortly after the battle started and they were not able to reconnect in time.

Later today, I encountered a teammate who said pretty mean things in another Savage Battle (replay attached). Yet, I won't report him or JF in a support ticket.

Oh, and Player 2 dropped a nice PM for me:

[Transcript of PM. I posted an image earlier but forgot to censor the "small" player name while censoring the "big" player name. My bad!]

[APTHY][censored]: https://na.wows-numbers.com/player

[APTHY][censored]: premium accounts see all stats, including hidden players

[APTHY][censored]: enjoy

I didn't reply. Well, thanks for taking the time to message me! New here and still learning. That's constructive feedback.

20190627_214330_PXSD013-Z-52-PA_e08_PostApocalypse.wowsreplay

Unfortunately, most online games have to deal with certain players that are toxic in chat. It's the whole anonymity behind a keyboard thing. WoWs is no exception. The best thing to do is to ignore the person. If they are harassing you with PM's after the match, just right click on their name and blacklist them. That way, they won't be able to send you a PM. Now, if you were threatened by this player or they used racial slurs, I would report it to WG. 

Sorry you had a bad experience but the WoWs community, in general, is fairly tame compared to other online games.

Sign in to follow this