You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheKrimzonDemon

Warspite, I Apologize

24 comments in this topic

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,696 battles

Warspite, we haven't ever gotten along, I know this, you know this. Many, many times, I've heard your virtues sung from Davy Jones' Locker to Heaven. I didn't believe it, we didn't click, you made e-peen jokes about me to all the other ladies upon the seas. I couldn't make you do anything. You were fickle, and I wasn't patient. It was like a courtship gone totally awry.

After almost 3 years of futility, I finally figured out how to make you sing like the Fat Lady at the Opera. I just dropped 170k in you, all the things on the seas were food. Much yeeting was done. Possibly, you even purred.

I'm here to say I was wrong, and I'm sorry for doubting you, and sorry for every bad thing I've said, and I've lost count of how many(Let's be clear, I said all the bad things, ok?).

You are my new Zombie Angel Battleship. Let's not get divorced, ok? The courtship ritual you put me through bankrupted my soul, so, even if we did get divorced, you wouldn't get anything out of it.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,568 posts
13,018 battles

That was funny ……..  Who's the guy who puts a boring emoji in front of ever single thread ?

• Boring 2

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,696 battles
16 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

All AP?

Yup. Never really had a decent chance to use HE, which is a rare thing.

• Cool 1

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

Now you understand why all of us RK fans wanted "a line of Warspites" for the UK BB line...

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,696 battles
6 minutes ago, clammboy said:

That was funny ……..  Who's the guy who puts a boring emoji in front of ever single thread ?

Ah, who knows? People do what they do, I pay no attention. It's an internet forum, it's not like it matters. :)

• Boring 1

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,696 battles
1 minute ago, Francois424 said:

Now you understand why all of us RK fans wanted "a line of Warspites" for the UK BB line...

Yes. Yes I do.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,634 posts
16,884 battles

Yeah, I never felt it was very good until I got one, but I've upped my opinion to gudbote. Thank you WG for whatever event it was!

Edited by pikohan
  • Cool 1

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,696 battles
34 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Yeah, I never felt it was very good until I got one, but I've upped my opinion to gudbote. Thank you WG for whatever event it was!

Go to bed, Piko. :3 But I agree, she def isn't bad. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,221 posts
27,001 battles
2 hours ago, clammboy said:

Probably one of the guys that got deleted by the OP's Warspite.

44 minutes ago, pikohan said:

It's a good testament to the ship, that despite being one of the oldest Premiums in the game, she's still relevant and a good performer.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,696 battles
4 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Probably one of the guys that got deleted by the OP's Warspite.

:Smile_teethhappy:

:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,680 posts
19,754 battles
4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's a good testament to the ship, that despite being one of the oldest Premiums in the game, she's still relevant and a good performer.

It's not hard to build a good ship in this game when you start with a good ship in real life. Warspite was a legend, and the people who decided that she did not deserve eternal preservation are a disgrace to their nation's legacy. 

[XG]
Members
458 posts

Warspite was my first premium, and I've always liked it.

The only thing I ever really feared was overmatch from the 16" botes.

[TIGRB]
Members
250 posts
2,801 battles
7 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Warspite, we haven't ever gotten along, I know this, you know this. Many, many times, I've heard your virtues sung from Davy Jones' Locker to Heaven. I didn't believe it, we didn't click, you made e-peen jokes about me to all the other ladies upon the seas. I couldn't make you do anything. You were fickle, and I wasn't patient. It was like a courtship gone totally awry.

After almost 3 years of futility, I finally figured out how to make you sing like the Fat Lady at the Opera. I just dropped 170k in you, all the things on the seas were food. Much yeeting was done. Possibly, you even purred.

I'm here to say I was wrong, and I'm sorry for doubting you, and sorry for every bad thing I've said, and I've lost count of how many(Let's be clear, I said all the bad things, ok?).

You are my new Zombie Angel Battleship. Let's not get divorced, ok? The courtship ritual you put me through bankrupted my soul, so, even if we did get divorced, you wouldn't get anything out of it.

So, What did you do different?

Members
276 posts
2,361 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's not hard to build a good ship in this game when you start with a good ship in real life. Warspite was a legend, and the people who decided that she did not deserve eternal preservation are a disgrace to their nation's legacy. 

The UK economy after WWII is best described as “well, not quite as bad as Japan and Germany.” They were fantastically in debt (bit sovereign and directly to the US.) Basically, if it couldn’t be used it was scrapped for money - and to give work to shipyards who’d otherwise go under, and to give those workers work. Look at how long rationing lasted in the UK, how they designed the ring main circuit to save copper, and when they finally made the last payment to the US for lend-lease.

To me, the one ship from WWII that should have been saved but wasn’t was CV-6, but at least CVN-80 will carry the name foreword. 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,680 posts
19,754 battles
2 minutes ago, User_the_n00b said:

Basically, if it couldn’t be used it was scrapped for money - and to give work to shipyards who’d otherwise go under, and to give those workers work.

Yeah, I know, but we're talking about the same nation that still displays the first EVER all-iron battleship from EIGHTEEN GODDAMN SIXTY, when ALL her contemporaries had long since gone to the breakers.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,377 posts
14,222 battles
8 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

After almost 3 years of futility, I finally figured out how to make you sing like the Fat Lady at the Opera.

finally slapped a high point captain in her?

Members
276 posts
2,361 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, I know, but we're talking about the same nation that still displays the first EVER all-iron battleship from EIGHTEEN GODDAMN SIXTY, when ALL her contemporaries had long since gone to the breakers.

I recall that ship become basically a coal hulk and left alone for a few dozen years, then later restored, but that’s by memory - and it was from a time when the Empire still had money. The other factor was she was an ironclad, and while iron could be refined to steel, it wasn’t as directly useful as steel was. 

See when the good people of Oregon gave up the Oregon at the start of WWII and we lost the US’s one surviving pre-dreadnought. (I think the only one left is Mikasa in Japan)

I do wish we could see Warspite - I just understand why we can’t. 

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,738 battles

Warspite is a great ship and I'm pretty good at playing her.

Unfortunately, I entirely stopped playing her since she also seems to *consistently* attract massive potatoes on my team. She's cursed for me and no amount of playing well can counter having games where my whole team lemmings to one side, hides behind an island, and waits to die.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,680 posts
19,754 battles
3 hours ago, User_the_n00b said:

I do wish we could see Warspite - I just understand why we can’t. 

Yeah, I know.

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,696 battles
4 hours ago, bobby_scott05 said:

So, What did you do different?

Positioning, mostly. She isn't fast at all, most of the time, I simply wasn't where I needed to be. That, and in the year+ since I played her, I learned how aim with a BB. :Smile_teethhappy:

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,696 battles
4 hours ago, skillztowin said:

finally slapped a high point captain in her?

Nope. Already had that.

And, despite the minority belief otherwise, 19 point captains aren't some sort of magic iWin button.

[--V--]
Members
1,585 posts
14,628 battles

When I first got Warspite (a LONG time ago), I hated her.  Slow turret traverse, short range and COULD NOT get reliable damage from her main guns.  Even at close range.  Then I saw a video from somebody, may have been Zoup.  The video said to NOT aim Warspites BB guns like other BB guns, but a bit higher.  Don't aim for waterline, but rather the main deck.  I made this change and the effect was immediate.  Sure, I wasn't getting Cits, but I was getting 5k+ damage per salvo against BBs and CAs.  After that,,, I've learned to love her.

Cheers

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,377 posts
14,222 battles
45 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

19 point captains aren't some sort of magic iWin button

lol. they tweak ships to maximize potential. some ships need those tweaks more than others. If your so sure that 19pts makes no difference, relieve all your 19ptrs today and from here on out sail forth with 1 pt captains. glad you found your grove with warspite.

Edited by skillztowin