Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tigermaus

CVs seem perfect now :D

31 comments in this topic

[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
9,236 posts
12,698 battles

I made a Ryujo regret his or her life choices in Nicholas earlier. It was gloriously satisfying.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles
6 hours ago, RenamedUser_1001178780 said:

I may have dodged...a little...

Congrats, you are a master of hitting "Battle".  Your skill is unparalleled by nobody since AA only requires one to hit battle.  You literally don't even have to move the ship, mouse, or shoot anything.  Your participation trophy has arrived. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 4

[BONKS]
Members
1,024 posts
9,166 battles
52 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Congrats, you are a master of hitting "Battle".  Your skill is unparalleled by nobody since AA only requires one to hit battle.  You literally don't even have to move the ship, mouse, or shoot anything.  Your participation trophy has arrived. 

And here we have a butthurt CV player

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 2

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,918 posts
10,625 battles
1 hour ago, NoSoMo said:

Can easily flip this on its head:  Prior to the AA change, people defended and wanted CVs to be able wreck surface ships while all we could do is sit back and hit battle, letting the AA work at a set effectiveness where our skill didn't matter outside of prolonging our inevitable destruction.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
276 posts
2,361 battles

Note the attitude. “You didn’t have to do anything except hit battle” and magically, AA sank four ships!

i guess they have buffed AA if it’s sinking carriers and other ships. One need hardy use the mouse or WASD to fire AA Topedoes. 

Oh, and nerf DD, plz. :Smile_medal:

(Nice game!)

Members
31 posts
640 battles

Had to look hard to see if that was me.  :cap_tea:

Actually, I am a bit frustrated at the way the CV gets ranked.  As a CV player, I end up doing the first 2-4 flights playing spotter and DD chaser.  Not a lot of points in that but critical to a team win.  After that, I might get to take torps or bombs to the enemy but as often as not, I am instead engaged in plugging a hole somewhere to stop one of the flanks (or the middle) from falling.  Again, not a lot of points, just taking punishment in lost planes to help out some bone head gun jockey who is getting wasted in a 4:1 match up he should never has started.  Finally, if the match has not gone sideways, some sneaky butt DD has not gotten to my CV and I have not run out of planes, I MIGHT get a chance to wax a capital ship (or two!) before the timer runs out.

All of this for a point reward that barely puts me above the middle.

Then again, that Langley did not seem to be doing any of what I just described. 

• Cool 1

[XG]
Members
459 posts
7 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I made a Ryujo regret his or her life choices in Nicholas earlier. It was gloriously satisfying.

The Yubari is also fun for making low-tier CV's cry. Bonus lulz for laser-gunning DD's.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,916 posts
9,441 battles

Well, they’re buffing planes in an upcoming hotfix, so enjoy the imbalance while it lasts. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[TIGRB]
Members
250 posts
2,801 battles
2 minutes ago, Xidax_Gamer said:

The Yubari is also fun for making low-tier CV's cry. Bonus lulz for laser-gunning DD's.

Ive never had a Yubari. What is her strengths and how should you play her?

[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
1,758 posts
10,052 battles
5 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

Not sure what you are referring to since the post is supposed to be sarcasm directed at the AA changes (hence the title....and subsequent smiley face)...

But critical thinking/comprehension (on your part) for the FAIL. Now go be a tosser in a different thread.

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles
2 hours ago, RenamedUser_1001178780 said:

Not sure what you are referring to since the post is supposed to be sarcasm directed at the AA changes (hence the title....and subsequent smiley face)...

You earned 74 participation ribbons in one game, be proud of it.

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,393 battles
8 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

So delicious

6d652de8fa3511abea93f4717b5c48ea.jpeg.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
3,256 posts
4,322 battles
7 hours ago, CaliburxZero said:

Can easily flip this on its head:  Prior to the AA change, people defended and wanted CVs to be able wreck surface ships while all we could do is sit back and hit battle, letting the AA work at a set effectiveness where our skill didn't matter outside of prolonging our inevitable destruction.

It's funny how you equate an un-dodgable damage aura with attacks that need skill to aim and can be dodged. 

• Boring 3

Members
528 posts
25,355 battles
15 hours ago, RenamedUser_1001178780 said:

I may have dodged...a little...

Hill74.jpg

they aren't perfect..they are getting slaughtered and its absolutely idiotic what WG has done

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles
33 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

So delicious

6d652de8fa3511abea93f4717b5c48ea.jpeg.jpg

You've clearly got me confused for someone else.  I'm objectively looking at the issue and pointing out flaws as they exist.  AA ribbons are literally participation ribbons earned  simply for showing up.  If that's your thing, hey, you do you.  I'm not interested in a game handling interactions where skill should yield better results and hands off should reward very little. 

• Funny 1

Members
1,969 posts

Ok... ya know what? If a squadron has enough planes to make 3 attack runs... yet the AA is so incredibly over-powered that they can only get one run off... that is the epitome of "broken".

So the community cries. "Planes can hit me! Plz nerf!".  Or here's a good one... "DD's can torp me! Plz nerf!". "The HE BURNS!! Nerf now!"

So WG nerfs them all. And the balance of power between classes continuously sways back and forth. Usually with DD's and CV's getting the crap end of the stick. But WG keeps printing off premium BB clones for $90 a pop!. And dummies keep buying them. When you press the "Battle!" button , all you see is 3 CV's, 30+ BB's, 5 cruisers, and 5 DD's in the que...

That's because the BB population is way too high. Destroyers and CV's are designed to curb that population. Yet they're always getting nailed with a nerf bat.

If a BB can have 100,000-200,000 damage per round reliably, so should other classes too. Yet the community whines like children whenever there's a destroyer or carrier in game.

Y'all just want "World of Battleships"... anybody up for some 12 vs 12 steamy BB on BB action?

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,393 battles
2 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

You've clearly got me confused for someone else.  I'm objectively looking at the issue and pointing out flaws as they exist.  AA ribbons are literally participation ribbons earned  simply for showing up.  If that's your thing, hey, you do you.  I'm not interested in a game handling interactions where skill should yield better results and hands off should reward very little. 

No you're not - you're crying about your precious CVs getting balanced.  Telling someone they are a master of the battle button and missing how ironic that is because how you and all the other CV lovers want your OP CVs to stay as they were so you can continue to play and rack up the damage with no counter...all by simply selecting a CV and hitting the battle button.  

[DPG]
Members
2,106 posts
11,950 battles
2 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

Oh lord sweet irony.  Cry us a river, you've been dumping on all CV criticisms, whether constructive or not, since this whole thing began.  Are you going to post another screenshot of one of your amazing battles in an effort to debunk the effectiveness of CVs?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
22 posts
11 hours ago, bobby_scott05 said:

Ive never had a Yubari. What is her strengths and how should you play her?

Only T-4 cruiser with Defensive AA consumable. Decent guns.

Plays like a big smokeless DD that eats planes like sushi.

• Cool 1

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

It's probably just pure chance but CVs have been doing fine in my games, though I don't think I saw one above t4 except when I piloted some CVs

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles
4 hours ago, Amenhir said:

Oh lord sweet irony.  Cry us a river, you've been dumping on all CV criticisms, whether constructive or not, since this whole thing began.  Are you going to post another screenshot of one of your amazing battles in an effort to debunk the effectiveness of CVs?

Because a lot of them sound like spoiled 5yr olds.  It's spoiled entitled participation trophy individuals I despise.  I want rewarding skill-based mechanics.  Anyone wanting something else should be ignored. 

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles
4 hours ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

No you're not - you're crying about your precious CVs getting balanced.  Telling someone they are a master of the battle button and missing how ironic that is because how you and all the other CV lovers want your OP CVs to stay as they were so you can continue to play and rack up the damage with no counter...all by simply selecting a CV and hitting the battle button.  

By all means, show us these replays where you hit battle and are magically awarded with anything in any class or mechanic other than AA.  There isn't one.  I'm sure you tried CV, lost all the aircraft and gave up.  AA needs work -- and aircraft kills should be worked for.  No free rides like we've got now.  Zero skill in it.  Not sure how someone couldn't feel like a complete lush being proud of a mechanic they're not in control of.  CV is a chore.  It's like any number of other grinds WG puts into wows.  Gets old quick.  AA needs a revamp, not an easy button participation ribbon generating mechanic. 

Edited by NoSoMo
  • Funny 1

[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
1,758 posts
10,052 battles
15 hours ago, User_the_n00b said:

Note the attitude. “You didn’t have to do anything except hit battle” and magically, AA sank four ships!

i guess they have buffed AA if it’s sinking carriers and other ships. One need hardy use the mouse or WASD to fire AA Topedoes. 

Oh, and nerf DD, plz. :Smile_medal:

(Nice game!)

Thanks! 

It was actually a really fun game. Both enemy CV players were really nice folks and we had a good time the entire battle. Most of the people on both teams were joking around and chatting throughout the match. 

Also, that game may have given me carpal tunnel from all the WASD. hahaha 

Sign in to follow this