You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
nastydamnanimal

WG you want Balance+Happiness?

21 comments in this topic

[KW]
Banned
623 posts

Give us unlockable access to ALL mods, calibers,  armor , ammunition consumables and upgrades.

Unlock all comander skills

Make more money on upfit costs, unlocks and mod packs like gold/resorce only reasearchable mods and mod slots. Gold/resource only unlock-able consumables/upgrades and their slots.

You can release, manage and sell mods more quickly and profitably than ships with static mods that might not even sell.

People are smarter than u think. We will adapt to eachother and balance will be dynamic.

Make the shipyard a place where we can use unlockable iron workers and engineers to change our citadel and armor layouts. Operations where we can rescue and employ these engineers. Operations where we can find special materials they need to retrofit stuff.

U gotta be tired of introducing niche ships that u spent countless hrs on that end up being hated or failed. Let us mod or own ships. You cant go by a few testers who play and enjoy the game and see them like everyone  cause they are not everyone and everyone plays different and has their own unique styles. Give us our sandbox. Then watch how the game evolves.  

Ps. here is an example of mods I am talking about letting us unlock. I know you guys do this but its very limited and restricted. Like for instance on the mino 

here Id love the 240mm/55 but I dont have an option for that.  Yea it will start some crap but peeps will counter this with their own

creativity and skills. No need to come out with new ships that may or may not sell and take forever to build test and release just make us new mods and ways to get them on the plethora of ships we already have.

image.thumb.png.d9d4fa3eaca32de78170e092a7bc7a93.png

Edited by nastydamnanimal

[HIT]
Members
173 posts
11,485 battles

Yeah. Watch it evolve into a "must haves" and "required outfitting". Cookie cutter builds for all ship types.

Brilliant idea.

We see this crapall the time in gaming. It's when the developers get so bad that they start listening to such ideas that their game finally dies.

[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
9,100 posts
7,995 battles

Players don‘t know how to balance things, and with a lot of them I am not even sure if they actually want balance.

Give the power to balance to those people and this game will die about as fast as it could.

• Cool 1

Members
4,501 posts
3,255 battles

I played a game like that and everyone ended up kitted out in one of two kits. Everyone looked alike. it was like a bunch of clones running around

[CUTER]
Privateers
870 posts
5,103 battles

Reminds me of Navyfield. Where everybody found a way to min-max perfectly, then built for that.

This would be a huge downgrade in the game, not an upgrade.

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,547 posts

Many (MANY) players do not want balance.  They want their favorite ship to steamroll all the things.

If people can exploit something to create an unfair advantage, they will exploit something to create an unfair advantage as soon as possible.

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
14,356 posts
20,908 battles

The definition of "balance" is not the same when EVERYONE has some form of "selfish" interest. Selfishness  is not inclusive, Balance is when all class ship are built to not be dominating.

I see a balance issue in the horizon, IF WG buffs mindless BB secondary builds to god lvls... Those effected ship classes will revolt. 

Edited by Navalpride33

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,407 battles
2 hours ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Give us unrestricted access to mods and calibers and armour  

Unlock all comander skills

Make more money on upfit costs and mod packs and extra mod slots

You can release mods quickly and let us the players balance the game 

People are smarter than u think. We will adapt to eachother and balance will be dynamic.

Introduce new ships with bonus mod slots and changeable calibers and torps ect

U gotta be tired of introducing niche ships that u spent countless hrs on that end up being hated or failed. Let us mod or own ships. You cant go by a few testers who play and enjoy the game and see them like everyone  cause they are not everyone and everyone plays different and has their own unique styles. Give us our sandbox. Then watch how the game evolves.  

Not the best idea. Navy Field and that android game that escapes me at the moment let you do that and both were biblical disasters. This idea would be the fastest way to tank the game.

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,407 battles
12 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Many (MANY) players do not want balance.  They want their favorite ship to steamroll all the things.

If people can exploit something to create an unfair advantage, they will exploit something to create an unfair advantage as soon as possible.

Exactly this. Well said, sir. 

[BS]
Alpha Tester
586 posts
1,053 battles
1 hour ago, BBsquid said:

Not the best idea. Navy Field and that android game that escapes me at the moment let you do that and both were biblical disasters. This idea would be the fastest way to tank the game.

NF was really far from a "biblical disaster." It survived 10 years even though it had massive technical issues.

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,407 battles
20 minutes ago, Pyrofiend said:

NF was really far from a "biblical disaster." It survived 10 years even though it had massive technical issues.

...and a player base that made WoWS look robust and hearty in comparison. Had a hard time finding matches after about 6 months. Dont know if that had to do with my available play times (Hawaii) or the ridiculous Mr Potato Head, mix and match meta of the game.

Members
2,874 posts
94 battles

The playerbase is absolute crap at balancing.

Example: pre-CV rework GZ

Edited by RyuuohD_NA
  • Cool 1

Members
5,789 posts
11,624 battles
8 hours ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Ummmmm - not is you have read the forums for the last month or the past couple of years.  Players/people are generally the opposite.

[KW]
Banned
623 posts
7 hours ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

Reminds me of Navyfield. Where everybody found a way to min-max perfectly, then built for that.

This would be a huge downgrade in the game, not an upgrade.

Right the players are smart 

But then WG can release a new unlockable mod/engneer/operation as suggested above more quickly verses a ship and the balance will have to be rediscovered by the players. Which will keep the game more fluid entertaining and easier to manage.

Edited by nastydamnanimal

Members
276 posts
2,361 battles
7 hours ago, BBsquid said:

Sandbox can work (KSP and Minecraft leap to mind) but not when PVP is a primary focus. 

It reminds of Star Wars Galaxies which built a strong role play element, right up until they leaked the secret of how to become a Jedi. Then, everyone was a Jedi and when everyone’s super, no one is super.  

[SCCC2]
Members
126 posts
12,814 battles

Someone forgets what pandering to the causal player base causes. I don't mean it in a bad sense, but if you implement all of the changes you say will help balance the game, you will only cause more trouble. People constantly complain about the CV rework, and we should do, as it was an attempt by WG to pander to the game's lowest echelons so that they would play carriers, and look at where we are now. 

[BS]
Alpha Tester
586 posts
1,053 battles
11 hours ago, BBsquid said:

...and a player base that made WoWS look robust and hearty in comparison. Had a hard time finding matches after about 6 months. Dont know if that had to do with my available play times (Hawaii) or the ridiculous Mr Potato Head, mix and match meta of the game.

NF1 or NF2? The latter was a disaster because they excluded everything players like about the former and added even more pay to win mechanics. 

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,407 battles
1 minute ago, Pyrofiend said:

NF1 or NF2? The latter was a disaster because they excluded everything players like about the former and added even more pay to win mechanics. 

here it was kinda both but NF2 really stands out as a stinker to me honestly

[-AGW-]
Members
1,084 posts
18,755 battles

People who are happy don't buy things. The point of marketing is to make the consumer feel slightly inferior and unsatisfied with his present condition. You can't sell new cars to people who are happy with their current one.