You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Scenario XP Not Couting for All Missions

20 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles

Any reason why I cannot use the Savage Battle mode to accumulate XP for other current combat missions that specify Scenarios are allowed?

Untitled.thumb.png.d6242c002c582687479a02a2cefade88.png

Members
509 posts
9,454 battles

If you want the free ship take a sabbatical from whatever you are doing. They want us to grind the whole day. 

Edited by sansfaille

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,987 battles

Savage Battle Mode is not random, ranked, co op nor scenario. So it does not qualify. @Ace_04

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles
3 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Cause that way you wouldn't have to grind like crazy  is my guess :Smile_sad:

2 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

If you want the free ship take a sabbatical from whatever you are doing. They want us the grind the whole day. 

Can we all agree this makes no sense?

@Kami, thoughts?

[ARGSY]
Members
25,533 posts
19,680 battles

Not counting for dailies or related missions would seem to be the price you pay for being able to grind like hell, jump into ship after ship without impacting your stats and earn Elite Commander XP while doing it. On the whole, I'm actually not sure I disagree with that position.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
6,690 posts
7,321 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Can we all agree this makes no sense?

Similarly you must have seen that the Directives also differentiate between Savage Battles and all the other modes, then you also gotta add another 15 million credits I think from the Combat Missions, also restricted to Savage Battles.

Dunno if WG's idea of "midsummer fun" events is grinding like hell is fun indeed. 

Personally I hope Benham was never part of any event and was offered separately for any other resource. Hill and the ability to buy permacamos for all tier X DDs would have been reward enough without applying much pressure.

Oh, and after this patch there's also Early Acess FR DDs and one more Ranked Season :etc_hide_turtle:.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,961 posts
23,301 battles

Scenario Battles are a specific game mode. Temporary modes like Space Battles and Savage Battles are also game modes, and they're all mutually exclusive.

I imagine they do this to avoid the possibility that one of the temporary game modes could accidentally give too much XP and break the economy (including through missions). Plus, in this particular case, the mission chain predated the existence of Savage Battles in the client, so it's possible they couldn't have added it to the list for technical reasons.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles
32 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Scenario Battles are a specific game mode. Temporary modes like Space Battles and Savage Battles are also game modes, and they're all mutually exclusive.

I imagine they do this to avoid the possibility that one of the temporary game modes could accidentally give too much XP and break the economy (including through missions). Plus, in this particular case, the mission chain predated the existence of Savage Battles in the client, so it's possible they couldn't have added it to the list for technical reasons.

Fair enough.

On a side note, with the 1-star, 2-star, and 3-star tiers for the Savage DDs, do they work like low versus high tier tech tree ships where more credits and XP are earned for the "high tier" ones?  Or are they all the same regarding economy?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,961 posts
23,301 battles

On a side note, with the 1-star, 2-star, and 3-star tiers for the Savage DDs, do they work like low versus high tier tech tree ships where more credits and XP are earned for the "high tier" ones?  Or are they all the same regarding economy?

Been wondering too. The 2-star and 3-star ships cost more credits to run, and are WAY more powerful in-game...

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles
14 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Been wondering too. The 2-star and 3-star ships cost more credits to run, and are WAY more powerful in-game...

@Edgecase, gripes aside, I am loving this game mode.  If you ever see me on and want to div up, throw me a line.  Been a long time since I've been able to div up with any of the -K- homeys.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,961 posts
23,301 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

@Edgecase, gripes aside, I am loving this game mode.  If you ever see me on and want to div up, throw me a line.  Been a long time since I've been able to div up with any of the -K- homeys.

Definitely do it. This mode is approximately 15-20x more fun with a division than when soloing.

-Members-
1,642 posts
1,443 battles

Hey Captains,

When we design missions we want to design missions around a "flavor" and that "flavor" includes ways to complete the missions and their limitations. Some of these missions are dedicated to great battles and will have some types of limitations, i.e. ship nations and/or classes. Not all battl

On the other hand there are missions designed in 0.8.5. update that are "flavored" with Savage Battles. These missions that are designed for Savage Battles allow you to earn credits and get fuel tokens. 

The design of missions is heavily dependent on different factors including, but not limited to: available modes, theme of the mission, rewards, current update etc. 

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles
1 hour ago, Kami said:

Hey Captains,

When we design missions we want to design missions around a "flavor" and that "flavor" includes ways to complete the missions and their limitations. Some of these missions are dedicated to great battles and will have some types of limitations, i.e. ship nations and/or classes. Not all battl

On the other hand there are missions designed in 0.8.5. update that are "flavored" with Savage Battles. These missions that are designed for Savage Battles allow you to earn credits and get fuel tokens. 

The design of missions is heavily dependent on different factors including, but not limited to: available modes, theme of the mission, rewards, current update etc. 

Kami, I get that sometimes Operations results shouldn't go towards some missions.  But it is a bit annoying that the current Savage Battles don't count towards the regular daily missions.  I always want to grind out my daily missions and daily XP as part of my overall strategy to maximize regular coal earnings.  But it really stinks that Savage Battles don't count towards those regular 3-part daily missions because that makes it that much more time consuming for me to get them done if my time spent on the SB's don't count.

After all, it's not like Savage Battles are going to generate tons or damage or whatever for other missions, etc.  But they do take time and they do earn some XP that really ought to count towards daily missions.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Kami, I get that sometimes Operations results shouldn't go towards some missions.  But it is a bit annoying that the current Savage Battles don't count towards the regular daily missions.  I always want to grind out my daily missions and daily XP as part of my overall strategy to maximize regular coal earnings.  But it really stinks that Savage Battles don't count towards those regular 3-part daily missions because that makes it that much more time consuming for me to get them done if my time spent on the SB's don't count.

After all, it's not like Savage Battles are going to generate tons or damage or whatever for other missions, etc.  But they do take time and they do earn some XP that really ought to count towards daily missions.

Agreed.  Grinding something like the huge Savage events doesn't leave much time for anything else.  At least making them partially intertwined with XP for other events would be a nice quality of life improvement next time.

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles

Agreed.  Grinding something like the huge Savage events doesn't leave much time for anything else.  At least making them partially intertwined with XP for other events would be a nice quality of life improvement next time.

So, so true.  It's not like asking for Operations to be allowed to count towards some task/mission for damage or kills, where it should be obvious that damage and kills in some operations are just too darned easy to come by.  Savage Battles base XP isn't all that enormous and wins not that easy to come by, so allowing them to count towards daily missions really shouldn't throw off the balance in the slightest.

[BUOY]
Members
1,475 posts
17,499 battles
21 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Actually, they do count towards dailies starting today, which was a nice surprise.

[SALVO]
Members
26,698 posts
32,031 battles
9 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

Actually, they do count towards dailies starting today, which was a nice surprise.

Well, damn.  Glad to see that they gave this some forethought.  Thanks for the heads up.  It didn't count yesterday, so I saw no reason that it'd change today.  

[CYNIC]
Members
3,090 posts
8,742 battles
4 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Any reason why I cannot use the Savage Battle mode to accumulate XP for other current combat missions that specify Scenarios are allowed?

Because if you want to accomplish anything in this game ..... you are hereby sentenced to spend the next month playing for 8 hours a day with minimal 5 minute breaks if you want to have a chance of completing anything. 

Do not balk at the fact you've got a 1:4 chance of a win in "Rouge" wave and it pays jack squat.  Now, on to your measly rewarding sentence!

[SOFOP]
Members
2,574 posts
16,194 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Fair enough.

Service Costs for (this is with a 15% discount):

• Stealthedo (T3):  161,500
  • SeaDevil (T2):  68,000
  • Messer (T1):  8,500
  • Ammunition Resupply is consistent:  350 credits per torp, no charge for shells at all (even the manual ones).

So I'd say there is an increase in cost to run the higher tier ships but as was said, they do get a pretty decent power boost as you go up.

With the lower potential damage available (being all DDs), without premium, it may be hard for some people to break even.  For example, in the Stealth, I had:  54k damage,. 9 torp hits, 9 secondary hits, 3 kills, 3 floods, resulting in a total of 228k credits, with a net result of 47k profit (shot 55 torps for 19,250 credits).

In 20 battles today, I am averaging 51,331 credits per game.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One