You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
I_obsessed_I

love the rogue wave game mode.

16 comments in this topic

[-YAR-]
Members
92 posts
9,230 battles

but so far, the carnal and lancet are garbage to play. maybe I'm playing it.. wrong? what am i missing? kamikaze 4km torps, no guns and a speed boost if you're lucky.. 

One opponent line has guns and torps, both out range you, the other has faster reload and outranges you... 20k exp of suffering required to finish.

painful.

Members
139 posts
2,619 battles

Carnal is great. Very agile and can dodge trops to get in close mid to late game. Best played near the center of the map where you can set up ambushes really well.

[RAGE]
Members
2,018 posts
9,547 battles

I've enjoyed every holiday and event mode, including the recent space battles DD derp mode.  This one, however... I'm not sure why but I think it's kind of boring. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

It is alright but it is also rather grindy to get the next ship particularly if you are having trouble getting wins. You have to chose the line you really want to play with a second to work on when you die and are waiting for the ship to get out of battle.

[-YAR-]
Members
92 posts
9,230 battles

It has gotten a little repetitive, but, low consequence torp spam in short battles is kinda fun. still think 1/3 of the teams suck though. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
5 minutes ago, _kumicho_ said:

It has gotten a little repetitive, but, low consequence torp spam in short battles is kinda fun. still think 1/3 of the teams suck though. 

The ships are not as twitchy as they were the last time this was done which was my biggest complaint, hamsters on meth.

[OO7]
Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,893 posts
11,405 battles

Carnal is definitely the worst of the level 1 ships, but Lancet is starting to click for me.  You need to get in a lot closer than some of the others, and aggressively chase consumable spawns for TRBs and speed boosts as well as heals.

[RLGN]
Members
16,845 posts
29,513 battles

So, stupid point blank torpedo spam.

Sounds about as fun as when I had the remains of a cracked tooth pulled in prep for an insert.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,959 posts
4 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I'm not sure why but I think it's kind of boring. 

It's the grind. It would be fun to play, but the grind to the next ship is so long that it makes the whole thing boring.

And winning doesn't help. You would have to be in a super division and winning every battle to see any noticeable gain in time.

Also, the credits & elite xp you produce on a per hour basis is very weak. Makes you want to go do something more productive. 

Members
276 posts
2,361 battles
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

The ships are not as twitchy as they were the last time this was done which was my biggest complaint, hamsters on meth.

Those were twitchier? Wow, because I personally find these far too twitchy to play. 

But, as I noted in PTS feedback, my gaming preferences are not everyone's gaming preferences. I don't enjoy it at all, if the majority does, fine.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,734 posts
13,720 battles

So basically skip this mode, get all the tokens you can by other means, then buy the crates you need?

Or is there some low-hanging fruit that you can get by playing this mode?

Members
942 posts
1,352 battles

I am happy to hear so, I tried all 3 types of ships and didnt like it at all, too fast and arcadey

Whats the point of gunny ships as Grozovoi if you cant shoot farther than 6km?

Even at blackpoint range the number of shells required to get a kill make it impossible to use them.

Members
283 posts
5,572 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

So, stupid point blank torpedo spam

That sums it up except the boats look like floating trash cans.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
8 hours ago, User_the_n00b said:

Those were twitchier? Wow, because I personally find these far too twitchy to play. 

But, as I noted in PTS feedback, my gaming preferences are not everyone's gaming preferences. I don't enjoy it at all, if the majority does, fine.

The ship speeds were a lot faster, ~70 knots IIRC with the starter ships and they turned on the proverbial dime and spit out change.

[BOMBL]
Beta Testers
176 posts
11,851 battles

The biggest problem is the mm in it. They either need to not allow full 3 person divisions, or introduce some sort of balance. Either a ranking system or not separating out the levels of ships. The amount of times you playing 1st level ships, and up against a team of unicums playing 3rd level ships... Not fun at all.