You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

Looking for Implacable tips.

7 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
3,410 posts
6,725 battles

Hi, trying to get back into CVs after a (forced by work) break, but I'm having a bit of an issue with implacable and was hoping to start a thread where I can get some tips from more experienced captains.

Having issues actually doing damage, some of it is just being rusty with the torps and needing to remember all the AA ranges of different ships but I'm hoping to get a handle on that when I'm off tomorrow.  

I know that soon (like a few hours kinda soon) the AA is gonna be changed so I'll have to wait to see what that is gonna be like, but I'd just like to ask for some general tips/tricks in the meantime. 

Here's my current captain/moduals: 

Spoiler

shot-19_06.26_01_27.48-0483.thumb.jpg.793a613ae8878e060de6ebe8e5df7fe9.jpgshot-19_06.26_01_44.15-0396.thumb.jpg.717f8f92d3ad0f2bcee7bc91c200b327.jpg

More or less waiting to get it at 19 skill points before going to audacious, I do have her unlocked I just haven't bought her. though if implacable annoys me enough I may just say 'Screw it' and just buy her and grind with my 19 point german captain until I have enough skill points for the transfer. 

So, uh, yeah thanks in advance. 

Edited by Sinboto

Members
119 posts
1,939 battles

Yes! Just wanted to post this same thread. 

Bought Implacable yesterday, did not play it yet. 

With Furious I had  30-40k damage games, dont know if that is good, bad or normal. 

Any tips are apreciated. 

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,410 posts
6,725 battles
4 hours ago, Ghostar_1 said:

Yes! Just wanted to post this same thread. 

Bought Implacable yesterday, did not play it yet. 

With Furious I had  30-40k damage games, dont know if that is good, bad or normal. 

Any tips are apreciated. 

Happy to help, hopefully someone pops in with a few tricks for us poor new guys haha. 

[JASH]
Members
232 posts
6,551 battles

Implacable is boarderline playable in 0.8.5.
Due to it having such long replenish times on planes while losing them at almost the same rate as other CVs thanks to the AA changes it go shafted hard.

I used to love it and do very well compared to the Audacious.
But when I tested both of those CVs yesterday the Implacable was not fun to play even when being top tier.

Some basics. Unless you are attacking a solo ship with known bad AA you can't drop multiple times or your squad will be wiped.
Empty/Slingshot drop in with the first attack, then use the remaining planes to 1 targeted drop and recall immediately to minimize plane losses.
If you are reckless you will find yourself deplaned very quickly.

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,690 posts
5,199 battles

Yeah, I also will need some time before being able to give tips.

The AA rework has completely changed the game.

And yes, the "slow but stronger" Fleet Air Arm "flavour" doesn't seem to work anymore.

[TF16B]
Modder
428 posts
615 battles

I hear the Crazy Cat camo helps too...

Spoiler

h7eUYZ2.jpg

Spoiler

Not a real camo obviously...especially when it's a poorly done Photoshop and only half a ship, lol. *wonders if WG will make one now*

Edited by Mailman653

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
1 post
1,318 battles
On 6/25/2019 at 11:47 PM, Sinboto said:

Hi, trying to get back into CVs after a (forced by work) break, but I'm having a bit of an issue with implacable and was hoping to start a thread where I can get some tips from more experienced captains.

Having issues actually doing damage, some of it is just being rusty with the torps and needing to remember all the AA ranges of different ships but I'm hoping to get a handle on that when I'm off tomorrow.  

I know that soon (like a few hours kinda soon) the AA is gonna be changed so I'll have to wait to see what that is gonna be like, but I'd just like to ask for some general tips/tricks in the meantime. 

Here's my current captain/moduals: 

Reveal hidden contents

shot-19_06.26_01_27.48-0483.thumb.jpg.793a613ae8878e060de6ebe8e5df7fe9.jpgshot-19_06.26_01_44.15-0396.thumb.jpg.717f8f92d3ad0f2bcee7bc91c200b327.jpg

More or less waiting to get it at 19 skill points before going to audacious, I do have her unlocked I just haven't bought her. though if implacable annoys me enough I may just say 'Screw it' and just buy her and grind with my 19 point german captain until I have enough skill points for the transfer. 

So, uh, yeah thanks in advance. 

Implacable's biggest issue is that while wargaming likes to boast that UK planes have more HP than other nations', they still don't last forever, to avoid getting deplaned at the start of the match I suggest dropping your first squad as soon as you take off (specially good w/DB) it will 'slingshot' you further away and keep a couple of planes safe for the first half of the match until the enemies are more scattered and some of their AA mounts destroyed.

Practice the carpet bombing and keep in mind that the ship is not a big one hit damage dealer, try to set fires and floods to chip away their health and look for enemies that you can finish off quickly.