Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mcgibe

What I feel is wrong with the game

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

90
[TASH]
Members
181 posts
4,489 battles

So I used to support the carrier rework and used to think it was the right move. But, over the last few months, my patience has run out. I feel that carriers are too strong against most ships. DD's suffer the most in this current meta. The Haida used to be my favourite ship to play before the rework. Despite the constant T9 MM and the addition of more and more radar ships, I was still able to make her work and had quite a bit of fun in the ship. Prior to the rework, she was one of my favourite ships to play. She had to get in close to do well and was a lot of fun to play when played right. Now, with the carrier rework, she constantly has to either cower in the back with her team and camp in order to have a chance of surviving against a CV, or yolo in, throwing smoke early to masquerade her from the carrier which limits her role as a spotter, and once her rolling smoke is finished, she is constantly spotted and attacked by the carriers planes. For a ship that relies on its concealment and ambush tactics, this is horrible to play against. There is basically no counterplay for the destroyer and the carrier can constantly throw squadrons in her face.

The worst part is, instead of deciding to fix this issue and maybe even improve the AA, they instead say it's fine, pump out t10 paper ship premiums that nobody was even asking for, and completely disregard feedback and criticism.

So in the end, its wargaming that's ruining their own game by not listening to their playerbase's feedback, throwing out a half assed carrier rework that obviously needed more work, and pumping out more premiums to pad their wallets as the game slips beneath the waves of obscurity. (Yes pun intended)

But hey. this is my view on the problems with this game. I could be wrong

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,058
[5D]
Members
2,825 posts
17,482 battles

If they listened to player feedback all classes but BBs would be removed from the game.

  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
90
[TASH]
Members
181 posts
4,489 battles
Just now, 1SneakyDevil said:

If they listened to player feedback all classes but BBs would be removed from the game.

While I can see where you're coming from, I never wanted to remove any class from the game (including CV'S). I just want wargaming to listen to at least a bit of our feedback if it's reasonable. Its definitely not reasonable to remove a class from the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27
[-SOR-]
[-SOR-]
Members
74 posts
4,598 battles

I mostly think rocket attack planes need a rework. We've got a bunch of WW1-era CA and DD designs fighting at mid-tier battles against pinpoint accurate post-1943 weapon systems strapped onto fighters that never would have carried those loadouts in real life.

Unrealistically low dive bomber drops are a problem as well. I mean, one of the reasons for dive-bombing was to penetrate deck armor by dropping at altitude, and in game planes can release from altitudes where pulling up would be unfeasible IRL and they get extra citadel for dropping bombs slow and low... both mechanics need some rework.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[DBRIS]
Members
100 posts
6,004 battles

Absolute noob in a CV. Just ran Enterprise around in co-op for 3 games. CV's are NOT overpowered from my point of view. They make great spotters but the AA shreds everything. I had a measly 20k game and was quite proud of myself for hitting ANYTHING before being blown away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
90
[TASH]
Members
181 posts
4,489 battles
14 minutes ago, ItsSubmersible said:

Absolute noob in a CV. Just ran Enterprise around in co-op for 3 games. CV's are NOT overpowered from my point of view. They make great spotters but the AA shreds everything. I had a measly 20k game and was quite proud of myself for hitting ANYTHING before being blown away.

With noobs like you who wanted to pay for tier 8 instead of grinding, of course you aren't going to have good games. The biggest problem is skilled CV players who know how to dodge the flak and know what targets to scout and focus. Carriers have the highest average damage, kills, and spotting out of all other classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[DBRIS]
Members
100 posts
6,004 battles
1 minute ago, mcgibe said:

With noobs like you who wanted to pay for tier 8 instead of grinding, of course you aren't going to have good games. The biggest problem is skilled CV players who know how to dodge the flak and know what targets to scout and focus. Carriers have the highest average damage, kills, and spotting out of all other classes.

Came in a container a while back, decided to give it a try. Didn't pay for anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
90
[TASH]
Members
181 posts
4,489 battles
1 minute ago, ItsSubmersible said:

Came in a container a while back, decided to give it a try. Didn't pay for anything.

Ah. That's fine. Gotta git gud tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[DBRIS]
Members
100 posts
6,004 battles
1 minute ago, mcgibe said:

Ah. That's fine. Gotta git gud tho

I have the Brit Tier 4, but it's one heck of a jump from that to Enterprise. I foresee LOTS of Training room first if I ever run it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,872
[HINON]
Members
11,207 posts
1 hour ago, mcgibe said:

The worst part is, instead of deciding to fix this issue and maybe even improve the AA, they instead say it's fine, pump out t10 paper ship premiums that nobody was even asking for, and completely disregard feedback and criticism.

Hmm so none of the plethora of nerfs already implemented for CVs nor the ones coming in the new patch count as responding to feedback? Really?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
90
[TASH]
Members
181 posts
4,489 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

Hmm so none of the plethora of nerfs already implemented for CVs nor the ones coming in the new patch count as responding to feedback? Really?

What "nerfs" have actually made a large impact on the overall CV gameplay? Has the rocket nerf helped? Has the HE dive bomb nerf helped? The stats speak for themselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,997
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,908 posts
12,228 battles

WG and feedback is an interesting one. I think 80% of their 'wanting feedback' is in fact wanting people to just vent their frustrations and hopefully feel better for it.

 

Then with 10,000 different opinions from the playerbase, WG therefore give 1/10,000th of a damn about your personal opinion, which is to say, they don't give one outside of rounding error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,511
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,156 posts
11,135 battles
18 minutes ago, mofton said:

Then with 10,000 different opinions from the playerbase, WG therefore give 1/10,000th of a damn about your personal opinion, which is to say, they don't give one outside of rounding error.

 

I think more than 1/10000 can agree with removing CVs tho!

  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
366
[--V--]
Members
964 posts
11,951 battles

My problem is WG won't make changes to the CV which NEED to be made.  They just continue to nerf their damage potential making CV players unhappy.  I have no problem with CV planes causing damage,,, but they need to make these changes:

  1. CV spotting is mini-map only.  Ships can't see and target ships which aren't visible to them.
  2. CV planes can't be in enemy spawn to attack within 45 seconds of the match starting.  Planes need to be slowed down. All other ships must get in range and position which can take 4-5 minutes.  Meanwhile, a CV can have completed 2-3 attacks by this point.
  3. Limit squadrons to 1 attack per flight.  Not 3 consecutive drops. 
  4. Remove glitch allowing CV planes to avoid all AA damage while attacking ships.
  5. Limit CVs to 1 per team, per match.
  6. Allow CVs to attack other CVs by returning CV AA defenses to pre-rework levels.
  7. Return AA to pre-rework levels.  US based AA ships which were supposed to have strong AA, are no better than any other ships.  All have equally as weak AA.
  8. If these changes made, return CV Torp/flooding damage  potential to pre CV rework levels.

I fully expect CV fan bois to hate these changes, but I don't care.  The game is NOT enjoyable anymore as is.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×