You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DouglasMacAwful

Georgia/Mass IFHE secondary build: Go with BoS or SI?

17 comments in this topic

[N-W-T]
Members
1,730 posts
7,029 battles

Pretty sure I'm going to pick up the Georgia.  Just looks fun.  I am going to go with a secondary build AFT, IFHE, and Manual Secondaries.  My biggest qualm is whether to go for BoS to get inevitable fire times down to 35 seconds, or SI for an extra heal.  I know some will say BFT for "full secondary build" but personally I don't feel 10% reload is worth it when secondaries are still pretty situational.  

Seems like GA and Mass IFHE builds will be pretty similar.  For those with these ships, what did you choose for your tier3 skill?

• Boring 1

[SUCIT]
Members
352 posts
13,984 battles

both are good options, probably depends on what you seem to feel the most, one less heal or more fire damage. Personally, I went for SI, because it is more or less the standard Battleship tier three perk, plus having 5 heals also increases your potential health by about 6-12k on Georgia.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,693 posts
3,560 battles

You can get reduced fire time from signals or DCP mod 2. Meanwhile, you need every heal and speed boost you can get your hands on, especially with their quick reload. SI all the way.

Alpha Tester
6,007 posts
2,898 battles

Superintendent. I'd rather have one more heal or catapult fighter than what I need than have too few to withstand the HE spam onslaught or fend off a CV attack.

[BUOY]
Members
396 posts
10,189 battles

SI, the quick recharge means you're more likely to use that last heal and you can compensate for BoS with the flag and DCM2.

[AAA]
Members
727 posts
8,832 battles

I know you said no on bft but if you push to brawl even mid to late game bft isn’t a bad choice. I can’t use the 4 heals if I brawl and I guess bos is ok but popping those secondaries off is fun 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,635 posts
15,941 battles

Remember BFT also increases continuous DPS on AA.

With new AA mechanics next patch, will be worth it.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,968 posts
8,267 battles

For Massachusetts, if I had one, I would take BoS. However, in addition to the heal both ships have, Georgia has that extra treat in the form of its speed boost. You might want to consider SI to have an extra one of those, too.

Overlying all of this is the imminence of Colbert and Smolensk. If you thought Harugumo was bad, you ain't seen nuthin yet. :fish_boom:

[PVE]
Members
9,332 posts
16,577 battles
10 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Pretty sure I'm going to pick up the Georgia.  Just looks fun.  I am going to go with a secondary build AFT, IFHE, and Manual Secondaries.  My biggest qualm is whether to go for BoS to get inevitable fire times down to 35 seconds, or SI for an extra heal.  I know some will say BFT for "full secondary build" but personally I don't feel 10% reload is worth it when secondaries are still pretty situational.  

Seems like GA and Mass IFHE builds will be pretty similar.  For those with these ships, what did you choose for your tier3 skill?

Of those 2 options SI for sure.

Don't forget that BFT helps your AA as well.

[SRBL]
Members
281 posts
11 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I went with SI for the extra heal and speed boost and it pays off nearly every game. With the quick reset on the heal I'm not overly worried about fires and I can use my RP more judiciously. 

[AAYC]
[AAYC]
Members
13 posts
14,829 battles

My Georgia has the IFHE skill blocked out? Please look so I know its not just me?

-Members-
1,640 posts
814 battles
17 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Hey Douglas,

These are both viable options. I would probably go for Superintendent but that is just me. The extra heal can work wonders when you are done with the brawl (if you survive) =).

4 minutes ago, Taffy_03 said:

My Georgia has the IFHE skill blocked out? Please look so I know its not just me?

You can still select the skill, it is just showing you skills that are recommended for a certain type of ship.

[PVE]
Members
9,332 posts
16,577 battles
4 minutes ago, Taffy_03 said:

Yes, it shows as not good for the ship but you cans till select it anyway if you want.

Members
2,620 posts
9,815 battles

I went with SI, but I also sacrificed AFT for FP.  I was feeling that SI and FP are pretty much required for any end game BB build, as you are going to be taking a lot of punishment.  I did keep manual secondaries with IFHE, plus the SBM1 module (I did give up SBM2 to have -11% to dispersion on main guns).