You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KHyena

8.5 will kill cvs again

288 comments in this topic

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

And you dont even test that in public test hum? A silent killer? Why? Are you (wg) shammed of sell premium cvs then kill the class AGAIN?

(source video)

DD mafia can be happy again.

• Cool 8
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 32

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

If balancing CV means they will be "killed", so be it.  The alternative to a reasonable balance is a tiny percentage of players ruin the game for everyone else. 

"balance"

By some players: NERF IT UTIL BECOME UNPLAYABLE!

• Cool 8
  • Boring 5
  • Angry 1

[AA-DS]
Members
938 posts
3 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

"balance"

Well it wouldn’t be the first time they did it... how long you been around WG titles?

[SBS]
Members
4,571 posts
2,408 battles
5 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

"balance"

Yes, balance.  T8 and T10 CVs are on top of every meaningful stat except capping.  Average damage, XP, frags, base defense, spotting, plane kills and survival. 

Edited by Slimeball91
  • Cool 13
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
1 minute ago, Simzee said:

Well it wouldn’t be the first time they did it... how long you been around WG titles?

yep, thats the fun part on that, they always do that.

Maybe we can enjoy play carriers again... in 6 months?

• Boring 2

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
5 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Yes, balance.  T8 and T10 CVs are on top of every meaningful stat except capping.  Average damage, XP, frags, base defense, spotting, plane kills and survival. 

by WR

image.thumb.png.f485dbe598945b985596d64d8ffd4fea.png

by frags

image.thumb.png.2f321a52d4360e56ab885059792fd0c1.png

By DMG

image.thumb.png.71115def7ca56e74dde973e25b4ec8be.png

By Experience

image.png

Totaly in top.

• Cool 18
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[WOLF5]
Members
695 posts
14,216 battles

It kills the planes in the RESERVE squadron...not the ATTACK squadron...

...incredibly #%%^#%^&$.

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,231 posts
2,399 battles

And if the pattern holds they will bring them back again in 8.6. This process has been a seesaw so far.

[WORX]
Members
5,053 posts
15,593 battles
30 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

If balancing CV means they will be "killed", so be it.  The alternative to a reasonable balance is a tiny percentage of players ruin the game for everyone else.  

My Fav stat man is correct...

28 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

"balance"

Its "playable" but its role in game is unsustainable... Again using your words, thanks to high tier BBs, flooding and torps were nerfed to appease the BB class to tolerate the CVs.

Its not the same game, its a brand new "Wold Of Battleships"

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 4
  • Angry 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,363 posts
11,875 battles
5 minutes ago, RevTKS said:

It kills the planes in the RESERVE squadron...not the ATTACK squadron...

...incredibly #%%^#%^&$.

Actually it treats an all green, all yellow, or all red squadron as now spraying lead at the squadron. It is when you have damaged planes that it changes. It seems to treat several yellow or red damage level planes the same as an undamaged squadron but focusing only on them. A single yellow in an otherwise green squadron will be the focus as will a single red in any squadron.

[WOLF5]
Members
695 posts
14,216 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Actually it treats an all green, all yellow, or all red squadron as now spraying lead at the squadron. It is when you have damaged planes that it changes. It seems to treat several yellow or red damage level planes the same as an undamaged squadron but focusing only on them. A single yellow in an otherwise green squadron will be the focus as will a single red in any squadron.

I watched the video...he states that the planes doing the attack run are counted 'first' and the planes in the reserve squadron *(those just flying around) as the 'last' planes.

So, since damage is counted towards the 'last' planes, damage will go to the reserve squadron first...

This means, your AA will have to kill the entire reserve squadron before you do any damage to the attack squadron. 

So, yes, the CV will experience more plane kills but it won't matter much to the ship being attacked during that specific attack run.

Very strange way to do it if you ask me.

• Cool 4

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its "playable" but its role in game is unsustainable... Again using your words, thanks to high tier BBs, flooding and torps were nerfed to appease the BB class to tolerate the CVs.

Its not the same game, its a band new "Wold Of Battleships" 

Oh soon they will nerf even more torps and flooding sinse theres not going have cvs to spot dds, and u know, this game should be called again "world of battleships".

• Boring 3

[-VT-]
Members
648 posts
8,314 battles
1 minute ago, RevTKS said:

I watched the video...he states that the planes doing the attack run are counted 'first' and the planes in the reserve squadron *(those just flying around) as the 'last' planes.

So, since damage is counted towards the 'last' planes, damage will go to the reserve squadron first...

This means, your AA will have to kill the entire reserve squadron before you do any damage to the attack squadron. 

So, yes, the CV will experience more plane kills but it won't matter much to the ship being attacked during that specific attack run.

It basically is going to prevent a CV from making multiple runs with the same squadron, so ya, he gets the first attack if all his planes don't die, but he can't do anything else till he sends a new squadron.

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
336 posts
4,912 battles
4 minutes ago, RevTKS said:

Well, even if it hurt the attacking planes, a new one from the reserve would just come down to replace it instantly. So it's functionally the same with how it's set up.

[WOLF5]
Members
695 posts
14,216 battles
Just now, DemonGod3 said:

It basically is going to prevent a CV from making multiple runs with the same squadron, so ya, he gets the first attack if all his planes don't die, but he can't do anything else till he sends a new squadron.

Yeah; it took a second for that to sink in.

They get that first attack through, but they have to balance at what cost...and then subsequent attacks will be where you see the difference.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
695 posts
14,216 battles
1 minute ago, brym7 said:

Well, even if it hurt the attacking planes, a new one from the reserve would just come down to replace it instantly. So it's functionally the same with how it's set up.

Good point. I'm not a CV expert by any stretch. So, I had some assumptions on how it worked...and I've just recently started to dig into the particulars on how damage was assessed and all that.

Needless to say, I was surprised...very counter-intuitive system. 

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
4 minutes ago, Vaidency said:

Will 8.5 make HyenaHiena announce he's quitting the game for the 47th time?

grrr .... i cant even if i want :( danm you my friends not stop play this thing so i can stop it too?

• Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
11,258 posts
20,271 battles

0.8.5?

0.8.0 killed CVs, everything since has just made things worse; for one side or the other.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 2

[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles

As I've previously stated on this, it just deletes aircraft very fast with zero reward for skill.  It's bad enough already that AA is entirely "AI" controlled, as they so happily call it .. when the game does everything for you.

AA is the lowest skill floor in the game -- you show up.  Pays crap, has no ability for a skilled player to increase damage or get rewarded for their efforts.  The funniest thing is that the T6 premium will be showing up for testing.  It's bad enough the players that paid for premium ships have had them gutted -- they're going to have to really pull some sucker-catching move to sell another.

There is no amount of nerfs to CVs that will make the whiners happy -- as soon as that's realized, the game can move on.  AA as a whole needs a complete rework.  It needs to pay players who use skill to defend themselves.

• Cool 4
  • Confused 4
  • Boring 7

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,363 posts
11,875 battles
8 minutes ago, RevTKS said:

That at least allows a single attack but this also makes fixing AA scaling even more important.

• Cool 1

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

0.8.5?

0.8.0 killed CVs, everything since has just made things worse; for one side or the other.

Agreed :P but at least in 8.0 they could bully dds with drop bombs... i miss that ;)

• Boring 1

[-BUI-]
Members
1,331 posts
3,445 battles

I'm gonna wait and see what the change will realistically do to me, but I'm not optimistic, especially when bottom tier (I play CV at T8, I don't enjoy T10 right now), where even now I basically can't do anything at a T10 ship, which I'm sure it'll be worse post 0.8.5

[SBS]
Members
4,571 posts
2,408 battles
28 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

by WR

image.thumb.png.f485dbe598945b985596d64d8ffd4fea.png

by frags

image.thumb.png.2f321a52d4360e56ab885059792fd0c1.png

By DMG

image.thumb.png.71115def7ca56e74dde973e25b4ec8be.png

By Experience

image.png

Totaly in top.

Check out these numbers.

name class
exp damage
caused
warship
destroyed
aircraft
destoryed
base
capture
base
defense
survived kill /
death
spot
damage
BB Higher Tier 1463 65180 0.78 3.96 3.99 4.71 33.70 1.18 17143
CA Higher Tier 1398 50918 0.64 3.46 6.55 7.09 31.55 0.93 15001
CV Higher Tier 1673 67718 0.90 5.62 0.57 12.38 73.29 3.37 52163
DD Higher Tier 1383 38110 0.68 1.61 28.31 5.75 29.45 0.96 25259

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190622/na_week/average_class.html

• Cool 5
  • Boring 4

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,912 posts
12,238 battles

jUsT sliNgShOT

• Cool 1