You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Why does the Giulio Cesare Guns feel like such a lottery these days?

13 comments in this topic

[PT]
Members
570 posts
2,077 battles

I do like this ship but lately its accuracy has been so random its making me quit out the game while its still running out of frustration. It just feels like a coin toss every time I fire the guns. Sometimes it will sorta go where I'm aiming, other times it will fly off in a completely random direction. Does little about rewarding skill and tactics and just rewarding randomness. It just seems to be getting worse...

A game earlier it worked well, did 140k damage, although the team still fell on its face I racked up a acceptable score. The RNG God noticed and the very next game this ship could not hit a dam thing, nothing, close 7k range into a New York, every shell misses (comically), A Omaha at 5k side on, nothing, then it hits 3 times for zero damage... Ships slow moving sideon at 9k, nothing.... DD trying to ambush me at close range, no hits, every shell is on target but nothing hits the target, the useless secondaries seems to do more damage.

Sorry for the ranty post but it just feels more and more about luck rather than actually rewarding the player for getting his ship in a good spot to ambush a target. The next game my guns might fire with railgun accuracy or they might just shoot off again on random path to splash town...

[OKM]
Members
435 posts
3,132 battles

Simple: you did not boil your spaghetti long enough to make the Julio Cesare happy.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,824 posts
10,204 battles
10 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

I do like this ship but lately its accuracy has been so random its making me quit out the game while its still running out of frustration. It just feels like a coin toss every time I fire the guns. Sometimes it will sorta go where I'm aiming, other times it will fly off in a completely random direction. Does little about rewarding skill and tactics and just rewarding randomness. It just seems to be getting worse...

A game earlier it worked well, did 140k damage, although the team still fell on its face I racked up a acceptable score. The RNG God noticed and the very next game this ship could not hit a dam thing, nothing, close 7k range into a New York, every shell misses (comically), A Omaha at 5k side on, nothing, then it hits 3 times for zero damage... Ships slow moving sideon at 9k, nothing.... DD trying to ambush me at close range, no hits, every shell is on target but nothing hits the target, the useless secondaries seems to do more damage.

Sorry for the ranty post but it just feels more and more about luck rather than actually rewarding the player for getting his ship in a good spot to ambush a target. The next game my guns might fire with railgun accuracy or they might just shoot off again on random path to splash town...

Ive had this exact same problem in conqueror and texas during ranked. There were times when my shots didn't even land around the aimong reticule; cost me a few critical games.

[PT]
Members
570 posts
2,077 battles

Just had another game shooting at a 95% dead Bretagne, he has 2k health left, multiple AP salvos at him, nothing could hit him, the few shells that actually made contact did zero damage, I fired 3 full salvos at him and he still escaped to cover. Crap like that really makes me frustrated at this games luck mechanics. World of Tanks was bad enough, this games RNG is on a completely different page..

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
11,223 posts

Another possibility is your aiming ability isnt as dead on as you believe it to be.

[PT]
Members
570 posts
2,077 battles
10 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Another possibility is your aiming ability isnt as dead on as you believe it to be.

How do you aim? You point the mouse at the target, predict where it will be and fire, shells go exactly where the target is but nothing hits or does no damage. 

Even in my New Mexico in the last game it has been appalling, line up this Graf Spee, 12 shells, 3 hit, 3k damage, repeat x5 for hardly any damage. Same with a Pensacola at 7k, all 12 AP shells sideon, anything that hits does no damage, he survives 2 full broadsides for less than 5k lost.

shot-19.06.26_09.07.59-0297.jpg

shot-19.06.26_09.08.05-0685.jpg

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,949 posts

Welcome to gameplay being at the mercy of a random number generator.

• Cool 2

[WDS]
Members
1,780 posts
8,965 battles
1 hour ago, Y_Nagato said:

Simple: you did not boil your spaghetti long enough to make the Julio Cesare happy.

I need to correct you if I may . First off good pasta is always cooked al dente so he's probably cooked his pasta too much which makes it limp and starchy like his ship . Thank you !!!

[PT]
Members
570 posts
2,077 battles
7 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Im pretty certain spaghetti doesnt even originate from Italy.

China.