Lert

A secret look into the creation of a Lert (Shippost)

21 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
21,323 posts
15,035 battles

Qd4pP3B.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 19

[RLGN]
Members
11,223 posts
20,252 battles

As I always love to say; dogs do what their humans say; humans do what their cats say; seems obvious which type of pet is smarter!

[HINON]
Supertester
21,323 posts
15,035 battles
43 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

As I always love to say; dogs do what their humans say; humans do what their cats say; seems obvious which type of pet is smarter!

Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.

I love my own adorable furry little satan.

Spoiler

EI6zPtK.jpg

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
393 posts
4,673 battles

I just fired up my lan party cube. Set it to update went back to my soup prep.. two minutes later my cat is sleeping in the #%@$!!! Chair. Sigh

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,296 posts
11,826 battles

2-funny-egyptian-cat-god-meme.jpg

• Funny 2

[HINON]
Members
11,193 posts
2 hours ago, Lert said:

It's true, you were born in the dark and molded by it.

PjGbJyT.gif

Edited by RipNuN2

Alpha Tester
6,004 posts
2,888 battles

Well, according to Jungian psychology we all have a shadow figure out there somewhere.

Beta Testers
567 posts
6,184 battles

The moment someone invents a paw-operated can opener, all cats will murder their owners in their sleep.

Members
1,691 posts
8,495 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.

I love my own adorable furry little satan.

Reveal hidden contents

EI6zPtK.jpg

Fun fact: real scientist with real lab-coats have said cats are not domesticated, in fact they fail most of the criteria. They were animal to approach humanity first.

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,296 posts
11,826 battles
15 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

Fun fact: real scientist with real lab-coats have said cats are not domesticated, in fact they fail most of the criteria. They were animal to approach humanity first.

They may have been around mans settlements but it was the wolf which changed into the dog that approached man first.

Members
1,691 posts
8,495 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

They may have been around mans settlements but it was the wolf which changed into the dog that approached man first.

probably should have phrased that better but I meant cats were attracted to humans rather than some cave man thinking "wow I sure could use this little clawed thing to hunt mice." Cats instead moved in with humans, and for the most part, weren't selectively bred into the domestic cat.

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,296 posts
11,826 battles
3 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

probably should have phrased that better but I meant cats were attracted to humans rather than some cave man thinking "wow I sure could use this little clawed thing to hunt mice." Cats instead moved in with humans, and for the most part, weren't selectively bred into the domestic cat.

Right, they were around eating scraps and killing vermin but there was no domestication attempted for a long time. The dog came into our camps almost domesticated. Look at the fox breeding experiments in the Soviet Union to breed less hostile foxes for fur production. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2018/08/06/a-soviet-era-experiment-to-tame-foxes-may-help-reveal-genes-behind-social-behavior/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1cad7e669899 They basically ended up with the dog in three generations. It probably took longer for wolves to self breed for working with humans but it couldn't have been much more.

Members
1,691 posts
8,495 battles
6 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Right, they were around eating scraps and killing vermin but there was no domestication attempted for a long time.

Right that's what I was saying, not only were cats not domesticated late, but some people argue that they still technically aren't.

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,296 posts
11,826 battles
1 minute ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

Right that's what I was saying, not only were cats not domesticated late, but some people argue that they still technically aren't.

They are as domesticated as we need/want them to be.

[HINON]
Supertester
21,323 posts
15,035 battles
3 hours ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

I would agree with that.

However, that's slowly changing, and it breaks my heart. Just look at modern day bred-for-the--purpose 'designer'cats. We're slowly starting to head the way of dogs, where once majestic and proud wolves have now been turned into small yappy annoyances with serious health issues, all for 'fashion', so airhead Hollywood bimbos can carry them on an arm like they were a handbag.

I'm fine with dogs. I love dogs, or all animals really, but I can't look at a pekinese or chihuahua and think to ymself "Yep, that's a proud specimen of a wolf descended predator right there, yesiree". All I feel is pity for the animal and a silent smoldering anger for the breeders. And I fear cats are slowly starting to head the same direction.

• Cool 1