You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VonSmallHausenn

ramming ?

26 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles

I did not know, it's possible to ram, and ship just bounces off of the red ship ??? DD vs CA... Just happened to me....  With Fara ,head on with  Schors ..... neither of the ships destroyed.....? random match..

Edited by VonSmallHausenn

[R-F]
Members
1,510 posts
8,773 battles

Got a video or replay?  How fast were you going?  Doesn't sound like that should have happened but ramming does odd things sometimes, particularly at very low relative speeds.

[VETSN]
Members
655 posts
5,508 battles
2 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

I did not know, it`s possible to ram, and ship just bounces of off the red ship ??? DD vs CA... Just happened to me....  With Fara ,head on with  Schors ..... neither of the ships destroyed.....?

I’ve noticed this a few times the past couple days.  

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles

You were probably so close that you actually didn't hit. Who knows without a replay.

[VETSN]
Members
655 posts
5,508 battles
1 minute ago, Vangm94 said:

You were probably so close that you actually didn't hit. Who knows without a replay.

Watched two BB’s in ranked ram each other, didn’t detonate immediately, HP went down slowly then they detonated.  Then today in a tier 5 game, same thing happened.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,693 posts
3,560 battles

Yeah if you go slow enough you dont get insta-deleted. If a DD had a ram flag and the cruiser was a healthy CL... I could see some rubbing happening. 

[WOLF5]
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
26 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Got a video or replay?  How fast were you going?  Doesn't sound like that should have happened but ramming does odd things sometimes, particularly at very low relative speeds.

24 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

• Funny 1
  • Confused 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles

Report it to the devs.

[R-F]
Members
1,510 posts
8,773 battles

weird!  That's a no-joke collision there, you bounce off and everything.

Maybe Schors got a new bumper boat consumable.

• Funny 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles

On that note, double check patch notes. I sure have not looked at them.

[-BUI-]
Members
1,331 posts
3,445 battles

I've seen a few videos of this happening, its totally a bug, seems to only happen when the points of the bow on each ship touch, and not every time, but in each case I've seen, thats what was happening.

[WOLF5]
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
6 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Report it to the devs.

nah,,they are too busy making this game into a vanilla  arcade, with dragons and giant octopussys..... 

• Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
5,052 posts
15,593 battles

I think both bows of the ships involved were over saturated when they both met ? Ramship.exe not found

Very entertaining to watch.

Edited by Navalpride33

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles
Just now, VonSmallHausenn said:

nah,,they are too busy making this game into a vanilla  arcade, with dragons and giant octopussys..... 

Given that there is a very clear video of a bug, might as well send to them even if they are busy. You can't fix an issue if you don't know about it.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
21,365 posts
15,079 battles

Looks like a bug to me. That's not normal game behaviour.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,726 posts
24 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

They can't fix it if they don't know about it.  You started a thread asking about it, you provided evidence that proves it happened, you should report it.  That is for sure a bug.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles

ok,ok.. i created another post under the feedback and bugs subforum. We see if they pick it up,or not.

Submit a ticket too

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,363 posts
11,875 battles

When you hit at a shallow angle it takes time for the damage to ramp up.

[WOLF5]
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
Just now, Vangm94 said:

Submit a ticket too

? Not gonna happen. I have never been helped with technical issues in the past via the ticket system... There are more help available here on the forums. This is not a big deal, if  WG devs or moderators check on the support forums, they have the choice to pick it up.....and if not ?........

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles

? Not gonna happen. I have never been helped with technical issues in the past via the ticket system... There are more help available here on the forums. This is not a big deal, if  WG devs or moderators check on the support forums, they have the choice to pick it up.....and if not ?........

That's like asking if Port Chat has any GMs or Mods, send to both. Otherwise, you should've just ignored it and went on through your day instead of making a thread.

[WOLF5]
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
1 minute ago, Vangm94 said:

That's like asking if Port Chat has any GMs or Mods, send to both. Otherwise, you should've just ignored it and went on through your day instead of making a thread.

Well,, you are really serious about this, aren't you ? .. They( WG) do state under the feedback and bugs subforum, that either submit a ticket,,ot just post the issue on the subforum. Good enough for me. If they want more info, they know where to find me. 

Members
60 posts
4,256 battles
32 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Given that there is a very clear video of a bug, might as well send to them even if they are busy. You can't fix an issue if you don't know about it.

What fantasy world do u live in can I come and play.

[OO7]
Members
5,241 posts
12,057 battles

Rams have been funny lately. Saw a few interesting ones in ranked where one ship dies and no damage to the other one.