You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

Tier 4 Destroyer torps are to powerful. CV torps need upgrading tier 4

55 comments in this topic

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
371 posts
7,612 battles

We need to downgrade tier 4 torpedoes as they are from prewar destroyers that didnt have the same punch as 39-45 torpedoes and were unable to load them as they were to big and lets make tier 4 DD torpedoes have the same damage as CV torps

CV torp damage values need upgrading in tier 4.  Thats the debate

because in the case of clemson and wickes destroyers they had prewar torps.   US cruisers at tier 4 do the same damage  as the destroyers do so CV's should do the same.

Lets level the playing field a bit  and make DD torps have the same damage ship hitpoints as Carrier torpedos at Tier 4 only.

and NO, we dont have to increase AA at tier  4 as destroyer torp ship strikes will always be more damaging than Carrier launched aerial torpedoes because they can launch them together on mass  in one hit !  and CV planes need time to take off and to go the target again which gives say a battleship time to repair , but an alpha strike with torps from a Destroyer they dont get time to repair.!

After the new carrier changes its now time to Review them for tier 4!!!

Also to mention one Destroyer can tie up 2-3 carriers defending themselves, effectively taking them out of the game and off your team to help you win.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 3

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,729 posts
7,729 battles
3 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

because in the case of clemson and wickes destroyers they had prewar torps that had less powerful warheads than the aerial torpedoes which is a fact.

The Clemson's Torpedo is a Mark 11, which had a warhead of 227kg of TNT.

Langley's Torpedo Bombers drop Mark 7Ds, which carried between 97 and 148kg of TNT.

Your fact is wrong.

• Funny 1

[5BS]
Members
7,647 posts
4 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

0JeEJRp.png

So the Clubson, Umi, and Kamikazes are played as much as they are for no particular reason? I mean I don't touch PvP below T7, but there is a DEFINITE issue with seal clubbing and most of the guilty parties are doing so from DD's for a reason.

Edited by _RC1138

Alpha Tester
6,008 posts
2,905 battles
11 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

We need to downgrade tier 4 torpedoes as they are from prewar destroyers that didnt have the same punch as 39-45 torpedoes and were unable to load them as they were to big and lets make tier 4 DD torpedoes have the same damage as CV torps

because in the case of clemson and wickes destroyers they had prewar torps that had less powerful warheads than the aerial torpedoes which is a fact.  US cruisers at tier 4 do the same damage  as the destroyers do so CV's should do the same.

Lets level the playing field a bit  and make DD torps have the same damage ship hitpoints as Carrier torpedos at Tier 4 only.

and NO, we dont have to increase AA at tier  4 as destroyer torp ship strikes will always be more damaging than Carrier launched aerial torpedoes because they can launch them together on mass  in one hit !  and CV planes need time to take off and to go the target again which gives say a battleship time to repair , but an alpha strike with torps from a Destroyer they dont get time to repair.!

Also to mention one Destroyer can tie up 2-3 carriers defending themselves, effectively taking them out of the game and off your team to help you win.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[-BRS-]
Members
3,172 posts
17,071 battles
Just now, _RC1138 said:

So the Clubson, Umi, and Kamikazes are played as much as they are for no particular reason? I mean I don't touch PvP below T7, but there is a DEFINETE issue with seal clubbing and most of the guilty parties are doing so from DD's for a reason.

Well when I 1st started playing somebody told me if I wanted to learn destroyers play a lot of Clemson to get a feel for it so I did and to tell you the truth it is the funnest in play for destroyers lul absolute chaos

• Boring 1

Members
23,232 posts
5,865 battles
3 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

So the Clubson, Umi, and Kamikazes are played as much as they are for no particular reason? I mean I don't touch PvP below T7, but there is a DEFINETE issue with seal clubbing and most of the guilty parties are doing so from DD's for a reason.

To be fair, I think the upgraded Clemson having 8 guns is the main reason it's a favorite.

T3 is good for clubbing with cruisers too, with St. Louis, Friant, and Tenryu.

Edited by Skpstr

[5BS]
Members
7,647 posts
1 minute ago, silverdahc said:

Well when I 1st started playing somebody told me if I wanted to learn destroyers play a lot of Clemson to get a feel for it so I did and to tell you the truth it is the funnest in play for destroyers lul absolute chaos

Yeah but that's kinda the point. It is a bit overpowered in her ability to exert influence, morseo now that BB AP has been nerfed (where before an Wyoming could 1 shot with 33% pens, now it's impossible). I'd argue it's mostly the reload rate on her torps. Again I don't touch PvP at T4 out of guilt, but when I take T4's into CoOp I notice that both bot and human Clemsons put out just an obscene amount of torps, with launchers on both sides it makes them hyper deadly. Perhaps more delicate mounts would be appropriate.

[-BRS-]
Members
3,172 posts
17,071 battles
3 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Yeah but that's kinda the point. It is a bit overpowered in her ability to exert influence, morseo now that BB AP has been nerfed (where before an Wyoming could 1 shot with 33% pens, now it's impossible). I'd argue it's mostly the reload rate on her torps. Again I don't touch PvP at T4 out of guilt, but when I take T4's into CoOp I notice that both bot and human Clemsons put out just an obscene amount of torps, with launchers on both sides it makes them hyper deadly. Perhaps more delicate mounts would be appropriate.

Well I can't disagree that lower tier put out way to many torpedoes

But they sure are a lot of fun

Fortunately I don't get down there very often anymore May have to break it out this weekend just for the fun of it harvests more battleship tears  

Members
1,115 posts
6,275 battles
2 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

The torps aren't the reason Clemson is OP. It has incredible firepower and US smoke which allows it to dominate other DDs and melt cruisers and BBs from concealment. That's what makes the Clemson so strong. The torps are only good because you're dealing with the T4 playerbase which doesn't understand how to play against DDs and will let you use 5.5km torpedoes against them effectively. 

The Clemson could honestly have all its torpedoes removed and it'd still be a beast. 

• Cool 2

[OO7]
Members
5,269 posts
12,088 battles

Forget the Clemson and just play the iszyaslav

• Cool 3

[-BRS-]
Members
3,172 posts
17,071 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Forget the Clemson and just play the iszyaslav

Lol thats a fun one too

Is ohotnik considered clubbing?

[ARGSY]
Members
13,014 posts
8,296 battles
Just now, silverdahc said:

Is ohotnik considered clubbing?

Not really, because it turns like a drunken pig on valium and can face Atlantas, Flints and other such nightmares that can find it in smoke and either kill it themselves or have attendant rapid-fire ships do it for them (e.g. an Indianapolis working with a light cruiser or gunboat destroyer). 

My recollection from early days in the game was that Clemson was all about a high-points captain and the guns. Post in smoke, blaze away, and use your torpedoes on anything that tries to charge you. Next time we have a global free re-spec and re-assignment, I'm buying the Clemson back and putting my Atlanta captain in it. 

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,953 posts
4,321 battles

Im a hardcore clubber who only plays Campbeltown :P 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,723 posts
3,895 battles

If destroyers are giving you trouble, my recommendation is to play them and learn how they operate.

You'll soon find yourself having a much easier time against them.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
9,344 posts
16,592 battles

It isn't the damage of the low tier DD torps that needs to be addressed; it is their reload. Low tier DD's reload way too darn fast.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Angry 1

[WOLFG]
Members
6,046 posts
3,893 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It isn't the damage of the low tier DD torps that needs to be addressed; it is their reload. Low tier DD's reload way too darn fast.

Now you've hurt my Derzki's feelings.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
23,723 posts
3,895 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

See my previous post. The reloads are kinda necessary.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,773 posts
46 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

because in the case of clemson and wickes destroyers they had prewar torps.   US cruisers at tier 4 do the same damage  as the destroyers do so CV's should do the same.

Well, if your team is full of flying colon polyps, expect the oncologists to show up to excise them.

• Funny 2

[WORX]
Members
5,074 posts
15,603 battles

I for one dont understand what the OP wants...

If he wants less tactical threats but they're OP then maybe high tier is his cup of tea.

Maybe he is humiliated knowing he died to torps... Maybe he wants a more honorable sinking by FIRE!

Oh well I should play tier 4 more often

Edited by Navalpride33

[PVE]
Members
9,344 posts
16,592 battles
14 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

See my previous post. The reloads are kinda necessary.

I have almost 2k DD games so I have played them.

Sorry, but the reloads some of these low tier DD's have is ridiculous and NOT needed.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,390 posts
11,904 battles

While they have a smaller warhead than the ship launched torpedoes the difference was not huge except for IJN ships with the type 93. Air dropped torpedoes are highly nerfed from the real difference in their capabilities compared to ship launched torpedoes.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,196 posts
9,761 battles
1 hour ago, silverdahc said:

0JeEJRp.png

LOL>..

Are you FUJIN kidding me.  lol

[-HMCS]
Members
6 posts
3,845 battles

Absolutely agree, I'm a newer player...and the only con I can find in this game right now is how powerful Torps are at lower levels.  One Destroyer can successfully take out all of the Battleships on a team...I've watched it happen.  That's ridiculous.

• Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
371 posts
7,612 battles

Its about getting some sort of parity with tier 4 destroyers for a carrier launched torpedo to have the same damage level and WHY NOT!

Clemson, 11733 damage times  12   ........  Langley  4233  times 3 one flight

Shenyan  11733 damage times 6 (deep water)

Isokaze    10833 damage times 6     .........  Hosho   5400   times 3 one flight

V-170        10600 damage times 6

wakeful     10000 damage times 6   ........... hermes 5200 times 3 one flight

Izyaslav      7233 damage times 9

You do the math

And crocodile tears for the battleships that have repair modules and at the moment takes probably 12-15 carrier  torps to sink one BB and

crocodile tears for the DD's especially us DD's that have had it so good so long.. time to downgrade torp levels to match carriers or upgrade CV torp levels to math Destroyers.

So on tier 4  its easy to see that carriers are woefully ..  UNDERPOWERED  So carriers need a review and a buff to torpedo values

The are generally at the back of the map and take time to get to the battle and are there for safety as tier 4 are not interested in the team safety of a carrier, its all solo warrior every ship for itself

Edited by DevilD0g