You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ASCHEER_3055

Why does the Hipper keep getting up Tier T9-10 gamess?

24 comments in this topic

Members
38 posts
7,062 battles

Any ideas why my Hipper keeps getting up Tier to T9 and T10 games like 75% of the time

I would be ok with 40% of the time......It's hard to play when your always tip toeing around!! 

You make one wrong move and its OVER lol............Any ideas why MM does this?? 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,198 posts
5 minutes ago, ASCHEER_3055 said:

Any ideas why my Hipper keeps getting up Tier to T9 and T10 games like 75% of the time

I would be ok with 40% of the time......It's hard to play when your always tip toeing around!! 

You make one wrong move and its OVER lol............Any ideas why MM does this?? 

Show documentation or you'll be trolled to death by the fanboi's...:Smile_glasses:

And the reason is to drive you to tier 10, where you're always top tier....The fact that you'll have to pay to play there is just incidental....:Smile_trollface:

Members
38 posts
7,062 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Show documentation or you'll be trolled to death by the fanboi's...:Smile_glasses:

And the reason is to drive you to tier 10, where you're always top tier....The fact that you'll have to pay to play there is just incidental....:Smile_trollface:

I think by fare the best Tiers are 5 thru 8.....9 and 10 Ok 

Members
226 posts
1,345 battles
12 minutes ago, ASCHEER_3055 said:

2 reasons

• The fact that T10 economy has changed that it is fully sustainable to play T10 nonstop. This increased the T10 population which means more T8s will be dragged up to fill in the slots
  • The fact that T5 MM was changed, and sucked most T6 and T7s in. Thus less T6 and T7s will be in queue to drag the T8s into a top tier game

So you either get better at the game and learn how to fight at an disadvantage

Or pay money to skip the T8

Members
38 posts
7,062 battles
2 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

2 reasons

• The fact that T10 economy has changed that it is fully sustainable to play T10 nonstop. This increased the T10 population which means more T8s will be dragged up to fill in the slots
  • The fact that T5 MM was changed, and sucked most T6 and T7s in. Thus less T6 and T7s will be in queue to drag the T8s into a top tier game

So you either get better at the game and learn how to fight at an disadvantage

Or pay money to skip the T8

I have the Roon I do ok that ship.....but i like the Hipper better lol  I have enough credit to get the T10  German Cruiser maybe I'll put some good time in with that and see how it goes!!  Thanks

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,565 posts

Hipper deals with being bottom tier better than a lot of ships in WOWS, by dint of having strong armor and good agility (especially if you run the rudder mod like I do), good mid-range torps, and nice all-purpose main guns.  

(No, this doesn't make it OP, it's just a quirk of the design of German ships as implemented in WOWS.  It's balanced with the other tier 8 cruisers overall.)

[5BS]
Members
7,647 posts
19 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I mean it's purely anecdotal, but if you told me that the Server-side MM code for her battle tier was T9, I'd believe it. Even when she was released she seemed to get a disproportionate amount of T10 matches. It was okay back then as there was OWSF and she had a decent 2.5 km window at the edge of it, but Hipper, not even Prinz, but Hipper does feel like she's uptiered almost 100% of the time.

[5D]
Members
2,829 posts
17,547 battles

Look at it this way, you have larger health pools to deal damage against when facing T10s. So drive Hipper right and you get very good rewards being the bottom tier.

Members
38 posts
7,062 battles
1 minute ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Look at it this way, you have larger health pools to deal damage against when facing T10s. So drive Hipper right and you get very good rewards being the bottom tier.

Yeah I do ok but you have to pick your spots when to be some what aggressive....Its nice when you can really contribute to the win  

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,175 posts
11,159 battles

So that you can let your T10s try to carry the game while you sit back and farm more damage. 

Beta Testers
1,332 posts
16,165 battles
1 hour ago, ASCHEER_3055 said:

Tier 8 is treated the same as tier 5, in 5 you saw a huge percentage of tier 7s, in tier 8 you will see the same with tier 10s.....just the way it is.

Good luck!

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,763 posts
15,494 battles

Uhh, a T9 game means you're the middle tier. Are you saying you want to only be mid- or bottom-tier 40% of the time combined? And 60% of the time you should be top tier? Because that's not gonna happen.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,390 posts
11,904 battles

It may be 75% if you count tier 9 top tier matches which isn't a problem but is likely closer to 40% for tier 10 matches. Being a tier 8 isn't a problem when the tier 8's outnumber the tier 10's by a good margin. Where it is a problem is when the tier 10's outnumber the tier 8's but a good margin.

[KP]
Members
412 posts
202 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

I did with 31 out of 37 matches in Cossack being uptiered. I quit playing it even though I love it. Nobody gave a crap this was after the supposed MM change which turns out was typical WGing vagary [edited].

Members
38 posts
7,062 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

Uhh, a T9 game means you're the middle tier. Are you saying you want to only be mid- or bottom-tier 40% of the time combined? And 60% of the time you should be top tier? Because that's not gonna happen.

I can handle playing with T8 T9 most of the time its just lately I seem to be in games with mostly T9 and T10.....the facing the T10 is when I can get really hammerd.....60% at T8 T9  and 40% when MM decides to toss in a bunch of T10 in the mix

[KRAK]
Members
2,809 posts
17,469 battles

As I have stated in other posts of this nature, just a few days ago I played 42 consecutive games in Akizuki one after another with no breaks at all and I only saw T10 ships in about 10 of those matches. I think it may "feel" like 75 percent because it bothers you to be up tiered but in actuality it is not anywhere near the number of matches you think it is.  How can I get such a different result from everyone else's claims about T8 MM?

Edited by Vaffu

Members
38 posts
7,062 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It may be 75% if you count tier 9 top tier matches which isn't a problem but is likely closer to 40% for tier 10 matches. Being a tier 8 isn't a problem when the tier 8's outnumber the tier 10's by a good margin. Where it is a problem is when the tier 10's outnumber the tier 8's but a good margin.

That's what i'm talking about!!!!

[AXANR]
Members
151 posts
3,133 battles

It is not over, until its over..and you have a tier 10 ship.

In my OPINION, this design makes for dystopian gameplay which actually discourages people from playing (and potentially paying)...I think the game would foster a much larger population if it had a better tier Matchups than it does now.

No Tier VIII should ever have to fight a Tier X.

I would have made it so that ships can only ever fight in their tier by preference or in a tier up max as a filler....with exception of tier 1...and 10.

Like 1 in 1, 2 in 2 & 3, 3 in 3 & 4 ...etc etc....,  8 in 8 & 9, 9 in 9 & 10, 10 in 10.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,175 posts
11,159 battles
3 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

How can I get such a different result from everyone else's claims about T8 MM?

This is exactly what randomness is! Everyone is going to have a different experience in the last day, week, or even month, but over the course of months or even a year it should balance out.

Members
38 posts
7,062 battles
2 minutes ago, Suraknar said:

It is not over, until its over..and you have a tier 10 ship.

In my OPINION, this design makes for dystopian gameplay which actually discourages people from playing (and potentially paying)...I think the game would foster a much larger population if it had a better tier Matchups than it does now.

No Tier VIII should ever have to fight a Tier X.

I would have made it so that ships can only ever fight in their tier by preference or in a tier up max as a filler....with exception of tier 1...and 10.

Like 1 in 1, 2 in 2 & 3, 3 in 3 & 4 ...etc etc....,  8 in 8 & 9, 9 in 9 & 10, 10 in 10.

I totally agree!!

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,390 posts
11,904 battles
7 minutes ago, ASCHEER_3055 said:

That's what i'm talking about!!!!

There is a factor in the MM that does make for more tier8/9 matches but the side effect when a tier 8 is brought into a tier 10 match is only a few and highly outnumbered by the 10's and it really sucks for a tier 8 CV.

[KRAK]
Members
2,809 posts
17,469 battles
42 minutes ago, pikohan said:

This is exactly what randomness is! Everyone is going to have a different experience in the last day, week, or even month, but over the course of months or even a year it should balance out.

That is not the only T8 I have played with that experience just the most recent. People imagine things that bug them are worse than they really are in actuality. I was rarely top tier but hardly bottom tier all that often.

Members
23,232 posts
5,865 battles
2 hours ago, ASCHEER_3055 said:

I have the Roon I do ok that ship.....but i like the Hipper better lol  I have enough credit to get the T10  German Cruiser maybe I'll put some good time in with that and see how it goes!!  Thanks

Do it, you won't regret it....

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
978 posts
4,318 battles

The hipster is excellent when bottom tier everyone ignores you, just sail around the map blapping anything that's broadside with AP. It's not like it has any amazing qualities that allow it to bully lower tiers when it's top tier. Especially considering the Yorck has better HE DPM.